PDA

View Full Version : Our race car.

Benman
March 2nd, 2006, 20:54
Our shop's "chrome" and candy race car (paint from the boys at Alsa Corp). We have several and they compete in the West Division of NASCAR right under the Busch Series (yes I know, I know). Sorry for the poor quality, but the resolution and size had to be butched to fit.

Benman
March 2nd, 2006, 21:04
Another:

Benman
March 2nd, 2006, 21:07
The same car (different race). This time something more special. After painting the chrome, but before the candy, we sprayed a special clear paint adhesive and then black to give it a trick "Alligator" wrinkled effect. Looks awesome in real life:

Erik
March 2nd, 2006, 21:17
What's the performance like?

Engine? Weight? etc. etc... :brag:

sturs6
March 2nd, 2006, 21:24
Very nice mister Benman,
I like that candy...
Hey talk about power in race cars. Did you see that the pace car in the Daytona 500 had more power than the cars? It was a Z06!!! I wish they could race the Z06 against one of those NASCAR's

Benman
March 2nd, 2006, 21:28
For those of you that follow NASCAR, sometimes the bigwigs from Cup will "warm up" by racing in our league. Here's Our guy (in our "regular" painted car, passing Kevin Harvick for the win. Yeah Baby!:D :thumb:

Benman
March 2nd, 2006, 21:45
Originally posted by sturs6

Hey talk about power in race cars. Did you see that the pace car in the Daytona 500 had more power than the cars? It was a Z06!!! I wish they could race the Z06 against one of those NASCAR's
Yeah, pretty sad. The restrictors are so hard core, those engines are starving for power.

Some stats:

Weight: 2850lbs
HP: 550-575 (depends on how bad you cheat:p )
Torque: ?
Weight distribution: 50/50 or slightly rear biased.
Weight distribution (Side to side): favors inside for circle tracks.

Cars are very limited as to what technology is allowed, so pound for pound, the cars are not overly impressive in the turns (remember, it's NASCAR), in fact, rear suspension is truck based (!), but in the straights... :MTM:

At California Speedway, these cars are only about 10 miles per hour slower than full on Cup, so yeah, they're quick.

We were on pace to take the Championship last year, but then the last 5 races of the season we bombed. Ended up 4th.

We'll see what this year brings...:cheers:

Ben:addict:

Bingocaller
March 2nd, 2006, 21:56
It would be sad to see that pretty car crash - so lets hope it dont :D

Could u please elaborate a bit more on "your" raceteam - sounds very interesting :idea:

AndyBG
March 2nd, 2006, 21:58
Ben,

is that V8 in, or i am stupid even asking.

What kind of transmision (gearbox) it has?

Andy

sturs6
March 3rd, 2006, 05:40
Hey Ben,
Is that the new Camry?

Benman
March 3rd, 2006, 16:35
Originally posted by Bingocaller
It would be sad to see that pretty car crash - so lets hope it dont :D
Been there, done that, a nightmare to repaint!

Could u please elaborate a bit more on "your" raceteam - sounds very interesting :idea:

Not much I can say, just a bunch of good ol' boys competing with the big boys. Our budget is a lot smaller than the others out their (hence, why we had a tuff time at the end) but we do ok.

The crew is mostly voluntary, with other crew chief, driver, and a few others getting paid $$$. And believe me, there is zero $$$ in racing at the level we compete in. It is strickly a passion thing for my father and his best freind (co-owners). Me, I say it's worse than crack cocain (cause that is how addictive it is!:D ).

Originally posted by AndyBG
is that V8
Yep, "small" block chevy V8, just like the boys in NASCAR Cup run (although they use much bigger carbs). As for trans, a four speed(pretty low tech)...:rolleyes:

Originally posted by sturs6
Hey Ben,
Is that the new Camry?
Nope, old Monte Carlo body.:thumb:

7:53 RS6
March 3rd, 2006, 19:31
Ben can set me up for a lap, if i ever cross the pond again:incar:

Benman
March 3rd, 2006, 19:36
Originally posted by 8:05 RS6
Ben can set me up for a lap, if i ever cross the pond again:incar:
Sure, will do.:thumb:

Bingocaller
March 3rd, 2006, 19:42
If u dont mind me asking what is the budget for such kind of hobby :incar: :)

BBGT2
March 3rd, 2006, 19:44
Looking good my friend.
Wish you all the best, I dont follow NASCAR at all so it would be pointless for me to state anything else but that.
Car looks great.

Bajo:addict:

Benman
March 3rd, 2006, 19:46
If u dont mind me asking what is the budget for such kind of hobby :incar: :)

Well, the "big boys" in our division run yearly budgets in excess of $1,000,000. Needless to say, we are nowhere near that budget (I'll let the reader use his/her own imagination), but at the same time, still enough to buy a Ferrari each year. Embarrising really.:blush: And believe me, if it was up to my brother and I, we'd all be driving RUFs by now.:thumb: But then, it's not our $$$ to spend. Ahh... men and their "hobbies"...:D

Benman
March 3rd, 2006, 19:48
Originally posted by Bajors6
Looking good my friend.
Wish you all the best, I dont follow NASCAR at all so it would be pointless for me to state anything else but that.

Haha... neither do I! Hence my comments above!:D

:cheers:

Bingocaller
March 3rd, 2006, 19:55
Originally posted by Benman
Well, the "big boys" in our division run yearly budgets in excess of $1,000,000. Needless to say, we are nowhere near that budget (I'll let the reader use his/her own imagination), but at the same time, still enough to buy a Ferrari each year. Embarrising really.:blush: And believe me, if it was up to my brother and I, we'd all be driving RUFs by now.:thumb: But then, it's not our $$$ to spend. Ahh... men and their "hobbies"...:D

Damn you are fast :race:

Ok thanks - I was just wondering

Benman
March 30th, 2006, 01:07
Sorry to bring back a thread from the grave, but it has recently come to my attention that my power statements were way off. Originally I said 550-575. After talking to one of the techs, he told me "shame on you for not keeping up with the times". Appears that 550-575 was like three years ago.

Our car now makes 660 and change...:revs: :race:

RS4Ever
April 24th, 2006, 08:29
Originally posted by Bajors6
Looking good my friend.
Car looks great.

Bajo:addict:

hehe.. put nicely.
ill 2nd his post.

also.. . Home Depot once had thier car outside of a store here.. and thats when i found out the front headlights were stickers.

Bauer
May 2nd, 2006, 08:07
Very nice Ben... you should come out and watch these if you get a chance:D

http://images17.fotki.com/v297/photos/6/673844/3406696/StPete2006STaSIS019-vi.jpg?500375

http://images15.fotki.com/v265/photos/6/673844/3406696/StPete2006STaSIS017-vi.jpg?500375

http://images8.fotki.com/v115/photos/6/673844/3406696/IMG_9735-vi.jpg?500333

Chip Herr getting a little sideways in turn 1 @ ST. Pete

http://images16.fotki.com/v288/photos/6/673844/3406696/IMG_9657-vi.jpg?500333

http://images3.fotki.com/v28/photos/6/673844/3312493/014-vi.jpg?500333

http://www.stasisengineering.com/sebring_06/20060315_c_0446.jpg

http://www.stasisengineering.com/sebring_06/20060315_c_0367.jpg

Sorry..... I could not help it:D But you really should come out.... maybe Laguna in October? Or Miller in UT?

Benman
May 2nd, 2006, 16:29
Originally posted by Bauer
Very nice Ben... you should come out and watch these if you get a chance:D

Sorry..... I could not help it:D But you really should come out.... maybe Laguna in October? Or Miller in UT?

No appologies neccessary.:D

For sure Laguna in October... Miller, probably not, but I will be at Miller for the Audi Club event. Signing up today...