PDA

View Full Version : S-Line or Not

sturs6
February 27th, 2006, 23:36
Hey Ben,
Are you going to wait for the S-Line or go ahead on the Q7?
Stuart

Benman
February 28th, 2006, 01:13
Originally posted by sturs6
Hey Ben,
Are you going to wait for the S-Line or go ahead on the Q7?
Stuart

That's a tuff one Stuart.

The Mrs. wants it NOW.:D Nah, time is not the issue, as we'll have to wait for the Air Suspension to become available anyway. My main concern is will the ordering of the S Line delete the Air Suspension option (like it does on the A6). The Touaregs and Cayennes don't ride so hot without the Air Susp. so I'm thinking it will be the same story with the Q7 and therefor a must order option for us.

Also, another hold up is the Tamo (we love the look of it) as it is only currently available with the "Expresso" interior. The brown is classy and all, but not our cup of tea. We want Ebony. So we're waiting to see when we can special order the Tamo with Ebony interior (eazy has shown me that Tamo with Ebony is available in Germany, so it is something that Audi produces).

And what about you? What will you and the Mrs be getting?:cheers:

Ben:addict:

sturs6
February 28th, 2006, 01:47
What is Tamo?
I am thinking Ebony with Espresso interior. I like the choclate color. I would love to do the red with it but I do not know if I can bring myself to do red in an SUV although I had a red two door tahoe once...

Benman
February 28th, 2006, 01:59
What is Tamo?
I am thinking Ebony with Espresso interior. I like the choclate color.
Natural Tamo (the grain) looks like this: http://www.woodfinder.com/woods/tamo.php

I'll post pics of the dark stain used in the Q7. It looks fathoms better than the walnut. Cool for you, Tamo ( :heart: ) comes standard with the espresso!

Ben

:addict:

Benman
February 28th, 2006, 02:01
Tamo:

Benman
February 28th, 2006, 02:02
Compared to Walnut :rolleyes: :

For bigger pics (can't post, "too big"???):

http://autospies.com/article/index.asp?articleId=6620&categoryId=1

sturs6
February 28th, 2006, 02:43
Originally posted by Benman
Natural Tamo (the grain) looks like this: http://www.woodfinder.com/woods/tamo.php

I'll post pics of the dark stain used in the Q7. It looks fathoms better than the walnut. Cool for you, Tamo ( :heart: ) comes standard with the espresso!

Ben

:addict:
Yes Yes now I know what you are talking about... I saw that on the config and love it. I am really having a hard time with this because it is going mean I have to get rid of the 500 hp caddy that I enjoy but its rear end is killing me... I mean what is the use not being able to drive 500 horses the way they should be driven or even the stock 400 for that matter... GM has done it in for me there is now reason for it... Sorry for the rant.
:cheers:
Stuart

Benman
February 28th, 2006, 16:01
I am really having a hard time with this because it is going mean I have to get rid of the 500 hp caddy that I enjoy but its rear end is killing me...
Stuart

Stuart,

You lost me there. What is GM doing to you know? I thought all the previous issues you had with them were in the past? What is new with the car?

Benman
February 28th, 2006, 16:58
Stuart,

You lost me there. What is GM doing to you know? I thought all the previous issues you had with them were in the past? What is new with the car?

Stuart,

Just saw this: http://forums.fourtitude.com/zerothread?id=2472377 According to what they are saying (and they admit it ain't finalized), the S Line Q7 will not come with the Sport Seats and Alcantara trim that the Europeans get. So to me, if thats the case, $2K+ is hardly worth the differently styled wheels and painted lower cladding (can do that myself). So if true, no, I will not be getting the "S Line". :cheers:

sturs6
March 1st, 2006, 01:34
Stuart,

Just saw this: http://forums.fourtitude.com/zerothread?id=2472377 According to what they are saying (and they admit it ain't finalized), the S Line Q7 will not come with the Sport Seats and Alcantara trim that the Europeans get. So to me, if thats the case, $2K+ is hardly worth the differently styled wheels and painted lower cladding (can do that myself). So if true, no, I will not be getting the "S Line". :cheers:

I agree there is no need to buy the S-Line if it is not "S"pecial...
As for the GM thing it is that they continue to build this car with a piece of s!@# rearend that is great fo rthe measly 200 hp v6 with an auto tranny but not for a 500 or even the stock 400 hp with a 6 speed and a third pedal. If I am going to have a car that begs to be driven I want to be able to drive it... I guess I should start in on raod courses then it would be worth its weight.
Although I am almost to the point that I just get the Q7 and if my wife wants to drive it she can...

Benman
March 1st, 2006, 18:21
I agree there is no need to buy the S-Line if it is not "S"pecial...
As for the GM thing it is that they continue to build this car with a piece of s!@# rearend that is great fo rthe measly 200 hp v6 with an auto tranny but not for a 500 or even the stock 400 hp with a 6 speed and a third pedal. If I am going to have a car that begs to be driven I want to be able to drive it... I guess I should start in on raod courses then it would be worth its weight.
Although I am almost to the point that I just get the Q7 and if my wife wants to drive it she can...
So rear end troubles... never a good thing.:D

Yeah, no S Line for me either.

Benman
May 18th, 2006, 21:09
Paging Mr. Stuart:cheers: ,

Still planning on a Q7?

sturs6
May 18th, 2006, 22:36
Funny you should ask... they called me yesterday to tell me that they would be arriving soon. I can not decide... what I have thought about it just waiting for the new RS6 when it comes out and being the first on the list. The dealer said someone has all ready put in for a R8 for when it happens.
:cheers: Stuart

Benman
May 19th, 2006, 15:39
what I have thought about it just waiting for the new RS6 when it comes out and being the first on the list. The dealer said someone has all ready put in for a R8 for when it happens.
:cheers: Stuart

Ooh... that sounds like a good plan.:thumb:

I'm not 100% about the new RS 6. I think it will be awesome (but I also think, so will the payments!:hahahehe: ). For now, I'm leaning towards just keeping the RS 6. Original owner, great condition, once out of warranty put an engine/tranny chip and just keep it. Have time to think about it.:0: