PDA

View Full Version : Do you help people driving seat?

rs_t
March 5th, 2003, 23:50
Hi

I am new to this forum, but I have been reading it for some time. I realy enjoy it!!

You seem to have a great deal of knowledge on the VAG 1.8 T engine, so i hope you can help my best friend with a "problem". He is the owner of a Seat ibiza, and is keen on doing something with the stock 154 hp. In Norway we pay the same price for a 2001 Seat ibiza turbo, that you in Sweeden and most other contrys pay for a 2001 S3 :vsad2: . Because of that, the money left over for som enginemodifications is limited.

The Problem:
We have been surfing around on the net, trying to find the best possible chip uppgrade. This is getting us very confused. For example: Dahlback Racing: 193 hp and 335nm!!!!!!!
Bsr: 193 hp and 302 nm

Who keep their promises?

What to do? :confused:

Erik
March 6th, 2003, 11:36
DBR uses MTM which is a very good company.
Usually DBR lists a little higher performacne figure due to the fact he uses 98 octance petrol which is not available in all EU-countries.

Pls. also check www.ace-competition.com who sells Hohenester.

Both Hohenester and MTM are located around Ingolstadt and offer good products.

I tested the 270 hp DBR chipped S3 a few weeks ago and it was really quick.

rs_t
March 6th, 2003, 12:28
The car is allready running on 98 octance petrol.

BTW; the stage one kit from ace listed 180 hp and 299 nm.( for the a3) Their performance figure allso required 98 octane petrol.

Maybe we are wrong, but 13 hp, and 36 nm seems to much to be missing out on.

Do you know anything about the superchip? The mtm dealers we have spoken to say thet it i crap(!), but the local superchip dealer says (offcourse) its the best. :argue:

One other thing. Ace stage two figures says 15 more hp with a new backbox or is it cat back? can you expekt figures like that with a supersprint backbox?

Nrn
March 6th, 2003, 21:01
Hi and welcome here! :) Hopefully we can help you with most of your questions!

You shouldnt pay to much attention to the powerfigures on the sites! I can highly recommend ACE (Hohenester), and Erik can probably highly recommend MTM. But dont stare to much at the figures.

The MTM and ACE software will preform quite similar, no doubt about that, its just that their methods of dyno testing are different, in other words the HP is about the same if you run them on the same dyno!

But i wouldnt go for any other software then these two, since alot of the smaller companies have had problems with keeping the "boost pressure" stable, this is due to the motronic used on at least the TT, skoda and most likely the seat aswell! It has been very complicated to get the softwares to work to work satisfactory eith this version of the motronic (the ECU)! But as good as I know both Hohenester (ACE-Competition) and MTM (Dahlbackracing) works fine! So go for ACE ;) , that my advise, Anders (the owner) is a great guy and has very good knowledge of these engines!

Anyways the supersprint will probably give you just as much as the ACE catback (yes its a catback) system, but if I where you and had the money Ill get a company to build a complete system with 3" downpipe, racecat and thereafter 2.5" that will, with a good cat, (All custom made) it will be sufficient for around 350-400hp! (Ill have about 360-370hp and I be having a 2and3/4" all the way, (with cat of course) and that should be more than enough.)

And then you wont be needing a hearingaid after a long trip! ;) This will cost you about 10-15000:-(Skr) fitted in sweden, and I would say the money is worth it, the turbo wont get as warm as it will when you have the stock downpipe! But dont get this at ACE since it will cost alot more, although thats because he uses german exhaust-systems with outstanding build quality, but what the hell, who looks under the car? :D

I hope I was asble to help you a bit on the way, feel free to ask more questions!

BR /Nicke

Erik
March 6th, 2003, 21:04
DO NOT use Superchips!

My father had loads of problems with his Superchipped car and eventually had to relplace the ECU and pay for it by himself.
Really bad service from Motornord and Superchips! :trash:

Nrn
March 6th, 2003, 21:15
Originally posted by Erik B
DO NOT use Superchips!

My father had loads of problems with his Superchipped car and eventually had to relplace the ECU and pay for it by himself.
Really bad service from Motornord and Superchips! :trash:

I must agree with Erik, Ive heard a lot of bad things about superchips! :(

BR /Nicke

rs_t
March 6th, 2003, 21:41
Thanks!!!

No superchip then!!

Do you by any chance know of anyone who sells the Hohenester products in Norway?

I know of three companys that sells mtm and dahlback products, but i don't know of anyone who sells Hohenester.

Nrn
March 7th, 2003, 00:12
No Im sorry I dont know any in norway, but if you live close to Oslo ACE is not very far away! :) I guess you could contact Hohenester directly and ask if them! They definately should know! :incar:

http://www.hohenestersport.de/

BR /Nicke

auditt
March 11th, 2003, 15:09
I think that www.powerzone.no has tuning for the 1,8T from APR. Maybe you could check with them? I know that they are building a stage III with about 300 hp on an Audi A3.