View Full Version : Q7 by Abt

eazy
January 27th, 2006, 15:12
http://www.abt-sportsline.de/galerie/images/bildgalerie/Q7/ABT_Q7_52_sp.jpg

http://www.abt-sportsline.de/galerie/images/bildgalerie/Q7/ABT_Q7_59_ar.jpg

http://www.abt-sportsline.de/galerie/images/bildgalerie/Q7/ABT_Q7_01_ar.jpg

http://www.abt-sportsline.de/galerie/images/bildgalerie/Q7/ABT_Q7_30.jpg

http://www.abt-sportsline.de/galerie/images/bildgalerie/Q7/ABT_Q7_52_ar.jpg

The 3.0 TDI engine has now 272hp and 580Nm Torque. No petrol-versions so far.

Duma
January 27th, 2006, 15:16
Very nice.
Better than JE DESIGN

Benman
January 27th, 2006, 16:39
This is the best "Road Racer" version I've seen of the Q7 to date. Very nice looking and I LOVE that Lava Grey color (more than likely the color I will end up getting).

I won't be able to go that route though since I will be using mine on occasion for off road excursions. But nice looking all the same. Looks like a giant Sport Wagon!:thumb:

Ben:addict:

AndyBG
January 27th, 2006, 21:42
Bay far, best looking "tuned" Q7,

bravo ABT!

JavierNuvolari
January 27th, 2006, 23:48
Originally posted by AndyBG
Bay far, best looking "tuned" Q7,

bravo ABT!

indeed!! the best looking SUV I've seen so far:bow:

Aplausos!!! bravo-bravo!!:applause:

gnomik007
January 28th, 2006, 15:15
I agree,so far the best bodykit for Q7.

:applause:

Payne
February 6th, 2006, 13:21
Very nicely done Q7. Even though I don't like those tires, I just think suv's shoudn't wear this type of tires.I don't see the point. Normal tire'd be better choice for me since I like going offroad ocasionally and even if I wasn't I'd want to try it just to see what it does off the road. And you can't really go offroad with these tires on.

Benman
February 6th, 2006, 17:02
Originally posted by Payne
Very nicely done Q7. Even though I don't like those tires, I just think suv's shoudn't wear this type of tires.I don't see the point. Normal tire'd be better choice for me since I like going offroad ocasionally and even if I wasn't I'd want to try it just to see what it does off the road. And you can't really go offroad with these tires on.
Amen. Although like I said, this is the best looking Q7, it's not something I could use (too low, and wrong tires).

But is still looks very nice!:heart:

AndyBG
February 6th, 2006, 18:49
Come on guys, dont you realy think you can go ''offroading'' in any modern SUV.

They are just to soft in any way for that.

If you want ''offroad'', buy Land Rover Defender, that is only ''Spartan'' off-roader left on market.

G class is FANTASTIC offroader but to exclusiv and with to meny luxury options for real offroad drive, earlyer you could buy G class with very low level (nothing) of all that luxury ''gizmos''.
Allmost all emergency services in europe have those for many years.

So Q7 is just ok like this for summer and just other tyres for winter.

Just my opinion,

ANDY

Payne
February 6th, 2006, 19:17
Come on guys, dont you realy think you can go ''offroading'' in any modern SUV.

Andy,
that's true. But you can atleast have some fun off the road. But not with those tires on the Q7. I still thing it is a beautiful car!-So far this is the only reason I see to drive it.

Why I'd buy a Suv?
Main reason for me'd be that I CAN go offroad. If I wouldn't want to go offroad I'd buy A6 Avant 4.2 or S6 Avant which has same space or is bigger than most of Suv(ok ok not than the Q7-But that is bigger then any other Suv).. It'd give me same performance/comfort/safeness as the suv BUT with much better Handling, it would be much more quite at high speeds, it wouldn't be that heavy(=less consumption)..

(just to add, the third seat row in Q7 is an option here. You've got to pay $1.2k to get it)

edit: I've seen a Cayenne capable of doing over 330kph(not sure, but very high over 300) ..It is very nice, VERY. But I just don't see a point..

Benman
February 7th, 2006, 01:11
Come on guys, dont you realy think you can go ''offroading'' in any modern SUV...

Auid claims I CAN so therefor I WILL! :D

If it can't even handle "mild" offroad duties, I might as well get a A6 wagon.

I'll be taking the wife's off road and will be posting picks for proof.:thumb:

AndyBG
February 7th, 2006, 01:40
O, in that case, go and check those claims in practice!

:)

But i am expecting some pictures as a proof for those claims!
:))))

Payne
February 7th, 2006, 11:50
Originally posted by Benman
Auid claims I CAN so therefor I WILL! :D

If it can't even handle "mild" offroad duties, I might as well get a A6 wagon.

Ben,
exactly my thoughts!.. I just took much more space to say almost the same thing:D

Benman
February 7th, 2006, 16:15

But i am expecting some pictures as a proof for those claims!
:))))
No sweat. I'll post some for sure. But don't be expecting any verticle cliff 85 degree pics or the like!:hihi:

AndyBG
February 7th, 2006, 16:22
At least 4 inches of mud, that is going to be enough for me!

ANDY

Benman
February 7th, 2006, 16:28
At least 4 inches of mud, that is going to be enough for me!

ANDY
Ohhhhhh... Mrs. ain't gonna like that!:hihi:

Consider it done.:thumb:

AndyBG
February 7th, 2006, 16:50
Try doing it wehn she dont look.

If she dont see it, then it never hapend!

:D

Benman
February 7th, 2006, 16:54
Try doing it wehn she dont look.

If she dont see it, then it never hapend!

Funny guy...:hihi:

No, no, the Q7 will be her car, just like the RS 6 is mine! If she did that to my Beast without asking, I'd skin her, therefor I'll be giving her the heads up before I totally toast her Q7. Don't worry though... she's cool like that. :thumb:

AndyBG
February 7th, 2006, 16:59
I was just kiding, of course.

Benman
February 7th, 2006, 17:10
Believe me, she'll be with me when we're :incar: :incar: **flings mud everywhere** :D

AndyBG
February 7th, 2006, 17:17
Looking forward to those...

Tell me what colour you are going for with your Q7, silver or black, i presume?

Benman
February 7th, 2006, 17:39
Looking forward to those...

Tell me what colour you are going for with your Q7, silver or black, i presume?
My wife and I both fell in love with the Lava Grey (a darker version of Daytona Grey) one they had at the LA Auto Show (coincidently, the same color of the Q7 in this thread!:D ). Looks great in person under metal halides.:thumb:

One problem, I don't see that color as being one of the US options! That will mean special order only!:( One thing I noticed on the "Premium" order form: Sold Order Only Paint $750.00. Does this give me the option for any worldwide Q7 color for $750?

Time will tell I guess...

AndyBG
February 7th, 2006, 17:46
You should get any of offered colours, they are all made in same factory (corect me if i am wrong), only thing is amount of money that they are going to ask from you for that kind of

''EXCLUSIVITY"

Benman
February 7th, 2006, 18:01
only thing is amount of money that they are going to ask from you for that kind of

''EXCLUSIVITY"
Yeah, that's the thing. Pretty bogus if you ask me. Why Lava Grey isn't available here is anyone's guess. :doh: Oh well, we'll see what they hit me for that, as you say, "exclusivity".:rolleyes:

Ben:addict: (going down this Saturday to put the Mrs. name on the list.)

Payne
February 7th, 2006, 18:31
Don't worry Ben. Here you even have to pay almost $1k to get a metallic paint.
$1.150 for Lava Grey:rolleyes:

Benman
February 7th, 2006, 20:06
Don't worry Ben. Here you even have to pay almost $1k to get a metallic paint.
$1.150 for Lava Grey:rolleyes:
Dude, that is just retarded! In the US, only on certain colors do you need to pay for metallics (most main stream metallics are No Charge). On the A6 4.2, this option is $750.00. Add in the Euro to dollar ratio, and you guys are paying $1376.00 for Lava Grey!!! Dang, that hurts!

Payne
February 7th, 2006, 21:52
Dude, that is just retarded!

Yep that really is!

Check this out:

If you're going to buy the new A8L 6.0 quattro which here costs...ready?.... $ 147 000....even then....EVEN THEN you have to pay......ready? $1400 for metalic/pearl paint, $2800 for special paint's AND finally $3500 for Audi exclusive paints. :bigeyes: :bigeyes: THAT is even more retarded!

edit: the same A8L 6.0 quattro- It has in its standard such things as adative xenons, heated seats even Navi with dvd player but not damned metalic paint! ROFL:)))

Benman
February 7th, 2006, 21:58
Yep that really is!

Check this out:

If you're going to buy the new A8L 6.0 quattro which here costs...ready?.... $ 147 000....even then....EVEN THEN you have to pay......ready? $1400 for metalic/pearl paint, $2800 for special paint's AND finally $3500 for Audi exclusive paints. :bigeyes: :bigeyes: THAT is even more retarded!
:bigeyes: that is just sick...puke:

And we Americans bitch about our prices!

Payne
February 7th, 2006, 22:06

And we Americans bitch about our prices!

and you don't hear many Denmark guys bitch about theirs which I belive would be much MUCH worse..

eazy
February 8th, 2006, 08:15
In Germany are only white and black for free.
All other colors cost 800 Euros, according to the audi configurator.

Benman
February 8th, 2006, 15:54
Originally posted by eazy
In Germany are only white and black for free.
All other colors cost 800 Euros, according to the audi configurator.
Same here, only even black is considered a "metallic" and therfor it costs $$$ too. I think the price here is $750.00US for all colors. Looks like Lava Grey will be available (even though it doesn't show on the US website yet...).

Question, in Germany and elsewhere, is Tamo wood available with Ebony interior? It looks like in the US, it's only available with Espresso Brown ( puke: ) interior.

eazy
February 9th, 2006, 08:36
Question, in Germany and elsewhere, is Tamo wood available with Ebony interior? It looks like in the US, it's only available with Espresso Brown ( puke: ) interior.

Yes it is.
Here a screenshot from the configurator:

Benman
February 9th, 2006, 18:41
Originally posted by eazy
Yes it is.
Here a screenshot from the configurator:

Great. Just peachy. It's not available here, but nice to know if I lived in Germany I could get it.:doh: (and yes George, if you're creepy around in this thread, same goes for the Recaros in my :addict: :D ).

Now another question if you don't mind, When is the adaptive cruise control available for the Q7? As of now, it's not showing. I'm taking the Mrs. down to the dealer on Saturday to order one, but want to hold off and get the cruise control as well (if it's not too long of a wait).