View Full Version : Driving Techniques Introduction

Erik
August 12th, 2005, 08:52
http://www.turnfast.com/tech_driving/driving.shtml

:incar:

7:53 RS6
August 12th, 2005, 09:33
Cool!
One thing im always do wrong is thru a seris of bends i go in to the first race line, that give me super pace thru the first to bends but my exit on the last series of bends is no maximun. As they say exit a late apex and its set up better for the last exit. I always know of me doing this often anyway its hard to change it :D :nono: I guess im a instant guy, whant it all to happen right now, better cool down:D

But i have no problems to do this called sacrifase in, say the last turn in challenge befor finish line if you now where i mean. At this point i just let the car to go slow to get the right exit. But thru a series of fast bends its hard to let i go slow to set up for exit futher ahead, even i know its faster:(

Benman
August 12th, 2005, 15:48
"It is very easy to get caught up in the showmanship and prestige of expensive parts for your car, but the best investment you'll ever make in road racing is the time you spend tuning your driving skills."

As our Audi instructor Larry Boyer tells his students when they ask, "How do I make my car faster..."

His response," Learn how to drive.":D

Ben:addict:

7:53 RS6
August 12th, 2005, 16:13
Originally posted by Benman
"It is very easy to get caught up in the showmanship and prestige of expensive parts for your car, but the best investment you'll ever make in road racing is the time you spend tuning your driving skills."

As our Audi instructor Larry Boyer tells his students when they ask, "How do I make my car faster..."

His response," Learn how to drive.":D

Ben:addict:

Agree, this is so tru, thats why i always leave my cars stock. Its not the cars that are the limit its me:D

I would never in my life tune my CSL, well if i happend to manage a full lap at the ring at 7,50 then i maybee close the limit of my car. Then its time to think of it, but untill then, in other words it will not happen:p I prefer to tune my driving skills as well:0:

jonas_dg
August 12th, 2005, 18:05
damn, fantastic article
thanks Erik :)