PDA

View Full Version : new audis

gnomik007
August 4th, 2005, 02:12
People,I know this has been probably discussed before,but plz enlighten me on release dates of Audi S8,Q7,RS6 and R9:)

RXBG
August 4th, 2005, 03:36
fact: Q7 debut next month in frankfurt. production shortly thereafter. US arrival in the spring (around same time as RS4)

opinion:

S8- debut perhaps in geneva. production in the fall of 2006 as a 2007 model.

R9- debut perhaps in paris in sept 2006 or a little later in some new place like dubai (this is a rumor).

RS6- not until the S6 comes out. personally, frankfurt next month should be the time for it but most people don't agree so it might not be until new york or geneva, and if that is the case then the S8 would have to wait a little longer. all in all, the RS6 is still over 1.5 years away.... the R9 will be out before the RS6.

FrenchAudi
August 9th, 2005, 00:24
S6 is supposed to be officially unveiled at the Detroit Auto show next year and with the RS6 about 6 months later.

tailpipe
August 9th, 2005, 20:08
Don't hold your breath. Quattro GmbH is swamped at the moment and won't get close to the RS6 until the current production run of the RS4 is over. S6, which is factory produced is next up and should debut in Detroit followed by Geneva.

In addition to S6, S8, Q7 and R9, expect to see A5 and Avant version of new RS4 appearing shortly.

Toto89
August 21st, 2005, 12:15
It would be a great thing if new RS6 will came only 2 or 3 years after A6,previous RS modells before,come in the last minute before new modells(like B5 RS4 and C5 RS6).:wo:
Hope not far;)

RXBG
October 4th, 2005, 23:01
A8- tokyo in 3 weeks

A6- detroit in jan 06

TT and S3- geneve

A5- paris

R9- paris or some new place like dubai shortly thereafter

Angellus
October 5th, 2005, 11:46
Well here is a link to the info on the S8. It also has an image of what the S8 is likely to look like.

Cant wait for the release!!!

http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publish/Audi_News/article_1707.shtml

Erik
October 5th, 2005, 11:59
Nice pics of the S6 ;) I took it :p

Angellus
October 5th, 2005, 13:50
Originally posted by Erik
Nice pics of the S6 ;) I took it :p

I HATE YOU :( but in a good way :D

Why can't I get the chance to take pictures like that. Nothing ever happens here in South Africa and we always wait a while before getting any of the new cars.

O well better late than never I guess :race:

We should be getting an RS6 before the end of the year! Roling thunder here I come :addict:

Toto89
October 5th, 2005, 14:31
I can't understand why should be the new S8 less powerful than its rivals?
Why does it have only 450hp?:( why not 500 hp or even more:confused:
For example the Mercedes S class has an 55 AMG version with 500 hp, a 600 biturbo version with also 500 hp and an extremely powerful 65 AMG version with 612 hp and it is only the older generation S class,the new model is soon here.
I know that AUDI don't need so many high performance cars,but if they manufacture only 1 high performance version of the A8- I think it should have minimum 500hp.
What do you think?

/Sorry don't speak English fluently/

Angellus
October 5th, 2005, 16:13
Originally posted by Toto89
I can't understand why should be the new S8 less powerful than its rivals?
Why does it have only 450hp?:( why not 500 hp or even more:confused:
For example the Mercedes S class has an 55 AMG version with 500 hp, a 600 biturbo version with also 500 hp and an extremely powerful 65 AMG version with 612 hp and it is only the older generation S class,the new model is soon here.
I know that AUDI don't need so many high performance cars,but if they manufacture only 1 high performance version of the A8- I think it should have minimum 500hp.
What do you think?

/Sorry don't speak English fluently/

I agree 100% they should just have plonked in the W12 Bi-Turbo!! Well end of the month we will know for sure.

Toto89
October 5th, 2005, 16:19
I think the best way would be if they produce the S8 with a 4.2 Bi-turbo around 500hp and a W12 Bi-turbo with around 600hp and they would still produce the present W12.

absent
October 5th, 2005, 16:45
Again,too little ,too late from Audi....
I'm tired of waiting for them to bring a really competitive model.
I guess I'm stuck with the other cars....

tailpipe
October 6th, 2005, 21:29
There is no doubt in my mind that Audi's new V-10 FSi engine is going to absolutely amazing in the S8. The W12 is a heavy old lump that drinks like a fish. The new V-10 engine is extremely compact and light-weight, so it should slot right in the A8's engine bay without upsetting the dynamics much. Add the existing lightness of its aluminium chassis and you have a recipe for one totally under-stated uber sports machine.

Audi hasn't released the official BHP yet, but I'd be surprised it were only 450 bhp. I expect somewhere in the region of 508 bhp, (yes, that's exactly one one more than the M5). I don't think the S8 will be as focused as the M5, but it will an iron fist in a velvet glove. What's more I expect it to be a whole lot more efficient.

On the other hand, I expect the V-10 in the S6 to develop 450 bhp so that it is nicely positioned just above the RS4 and below the S8.

The RS6 will have the V-10 with twin turbos generating 550-600 bhp. I imagine the Q7 will get it too. Then of course, there is the R9. This will be the true performance flagship of the brand. The formula here isn't just engine power but also extreme light weight. I can't wait.

Angellus
October 6th, 2005, 22:43
Originally posted by tailpipe
There is no doubt in my mind that Audi's new V-10 FSi engine is going to absolutely amazing in the S8. The W12 is a heavy old lump that drinks like a fish. The new V-10 engine is extremely compact and light-weight, so it should slot right in the A8's engine bay without upsetting the dynamics much. Add the existing lightness of its aluminium chassis and you have a recipe for one totally under-stated uber sports machine.

Audi hasn't released the official BHP yet, but I'd be surprised it were only 450 bhp. I expect somewhere in the region of 508 bhp, (yes, that's exactly one one more than the M5). I don't think the S8 will be as focused as the M5, but it will an iron fist in a velvet glove. What's more I expect it to be a whole lot more efficient.

On the other hand, I expect the V-10 in the S6 to develop 450 bhp so that it is nicely positioned just above the RS4 and below the S8.

The RS6 will have the V-10 with twin turbos generating 550-600 bhp. I imagine the Q7 will get it too. Then of course, there is the R9. This will be the true performance flagship of the brand. The formula here isn't just engine power but also extreme light weight. I can't wait.

I really hope you are correct Tailpipe. 508bhp sound awesome. We are about to sell our 2003 Audi S8 and buy a 2004 RS6. Would be nice to get the S8 middle next year or a bit later. We here in South Africa have to special order the S8. In South Africa the S8 will likely cost around $170 000. The current A8 4.2 costs $125 000.

I REALLY WANT THE 508HP S8!!!!!!!!!!!
I REALLY WANT THE S8 SMILEY TOOO!!!! :hahahehe:

Hehe the RS6 one will have to do for now :addict:

Iceman
October 6th, 2005, 23:58
I reed somewhere that the Audi S8 will have more hp then the BMW M5.
And there are corridor talks about a complete new 560 hp 7.2 litre W12 engine based on a dubble 3.6 VR6 engine.

wfg, Hans.

rusty1404
October 9th, 2005, 22:09
i have been told... Q7 gets NA V10 no Twin Blowers! I just don't think audi development see any point in putting that much power in a truck or blowing porche cayenne out out the water on the cooperative development chassis. Angellus, where r u in SA?

rusty1404@gmail.com

Angellus
October 10th, 2005, 00:05
Originally posted by rusty1404
i have been told... Q7 gets NA V10 no Twin Blowers! I just don't think audi development see any point in putting that much power in a truck or blowing porche cayenne out out the water on the cooperative development chassis. Angellus, where r u in SA?

rusty1404@gmail.com

I live in Pretoria, South Africa. You from SA?