PDA

View Full Version : A3 in U.S. why?

roozbeh007
July 11th, 2005, 18:50
why bothering and paying a lots of money for advertising when they know that A3 is not going to make it here.

Audihead
July 11th, 2005, 23:26
So it does. MB & BMW had similar cars and never pushed them on the public, so they failed. I think this car will work though. It has four doors and enough power in both variants. The things the other two companies didn't get right. Let's wait and see before we condem it to the deep, it's way to early to tell.

Dave
July 12th, 2005, 14:55
I really cannot see it being a hit in the US.. unless they fit it with a V8..

it's too small to compete with all the SUV's and mini-vans

nene
July 12th, 2005, 20:04
If the prices at the pump keep climbing, you never know.
The media certainly is trying to put everyone in fear about the oil prices and reserves.
Most of the regular public is just too misinformed, thus the small car thing might be back in style soon enough to make the A3 successful. I kind of like the car.

Audihead
July 13th, 2005, 18:50
Originally posted by nene
If the prices at the pump keep climbing, you never know.
The media certainly is trying to put everyone in fear about the oil prices and reserves.
Most of the regular public is just too misinformed, thus the small car thing might be back in style soon enough to make the A3 successful. I kind of like the car.

I think this is the right car at the right time. Another key ingredient that the other two didn't have. The C-Class Sport Coupe and the 318Ti just didn't cut it. The A3 has a real shot at making it. It's all about perception. Audi is positioned very well in the market with this car. I may eat my words, but let's see.

Benman
July 13th, 2005, 23:25
I'm going to have to go with nene and Audihead. First, the public is misinformed, and an oil scare will equal more small car sales.

Example: Lee Iacoca wanted to put Honda engines into small Ford cars at the beginning of the 70's "oil crisis". Ford told him, "I'll NEVER put a Jap engine into a car that bears my family's name". Thirty years later, Accords and Civics DOMINATE American freeways!:doh:

Second, I also think Audi has positioned the car well in the market. We may all eat crow, but we'll just have to wait and see.:D

Ben:addict:

96a4
July 14th, 2005, 15:19
I work at a dealership and the car does very well. Alot of people just love it.