PDA

View Full Version : Torpedo Run 2005 – The road-rally across Europe

Airman
May 16th, 2005, 12:36
The countdown has begun until the flags drop in Hamburg, Germany, to start this year's Torpedo Run (www.torpedorun.com) which will be held between 16th September 2005 - 24th September 2005. First teams entered the rally to conquer the streets of Europe during this sensational event.

During the run you will get to know several European countries. On the German Autobahn you will be able to drive as fast as you want. You will also experience winding roads in the mountains and cruise along the Mediterranean Sea. Scenery and streets of Europe differ from country to country and are always breathtaking.

<center>http://www.speedheads.de/artikelbilder/2005/TorpedoRun2005_Route.jpg</center>

New challenges and exclusive VIP events are going to await you. This is e. g. the visit of the powerful DTM race in Avignon (France), which will take place on a spectacular street circuit. The DTM is Europe's most popular touring car series with aces such as Mika Häkkinen and Allan McNish in the grid. Also driving on legendary racetracks, a contest between the participants in hovercrafts or a factory tour at one of the most exclusive supercar-manufacturers of Italy are planned. You will experience and enjoy a lot of things!

The feedback concering the route across Europe is great. Interested people said that we sorted out a fantatsic route inluding very well selected events at the daily checkpoints. Here's a link to the route:

http://www.torpedorun.com/index.php?action=home/information&page=route

At the daily finish you will stay in the best hotels of Europe and will experience the most eccentric parties each day - from the exclusive party at the sea to the hippest clubs for European nightlife.

Cars who join the Torpedo Run are not classified. Whether you are driving a brand-new Porsche or Ferrari, a cool Mini S or a classic Jaguar - your passion for the Torpedo Run is what counts!

Don't miss the drive of your life and become part of a very exclusive group! You find more information and the entry forms on

www.torpedorun.com

We promise you a highly proficient management that will ensure you one of your top lifetime experiences.

If you have any questions, please, do not hesitate to get in touch with us. You find the contact data on our website.

Airman
May 25th, 2005, 08:21
Just an information: A known rally driver who also participates in some of the rallys of the WRC (World Rally Championship) is very interested in entering the Torpedo Run. Now he has to sort out his dates. :)

mr
May 25th, 2005, 09:21
Hi,

Great event - not as much publicity as the gumball has - but still RELLY great.
I'm looking forward to the crowd going through austria.

rgds mr

Airman
May 25th, 2005, 09:27
Thank you very much for your feedback! I just sent you a private message. ;)

Nordschleife
May 25th, 2005, 10:13
So are the cops going to stand back and let you go for it? I fall asleep driving through France in a powerful car, it is so boring......
and I'm not sure your routes across Germany are so great for high speed stuff.

R+C

Airman
May 25th, 2005, 10:19
If you choose the right Autobahn you can drive really fast. I give you an exampel for the first leg from Hamburg to Paris. If you choose in Germany the A31, you will have a lot of fun! No speed-limits and not to much traffic. You can definately drive there for longer times with the top-speed of your car. No cop can stop you from that and you can even pass the cops without any problems there.

Besides we also included race tracks, e. g. the Nürburgring-Nordschleife. It is also a lot of fun to drive there!

Also the Autostrada (highway) in Italy we have to take is really nice. I drove the part already. ;)

mr
May 30th, 2005, 08:59
Posted by Airman:

Also the Autostrada (highway) in Italy we have to take is really nice. I drove the part already.

hmm -> racing in Italy -> not so good idea!!!
I hope you know that speeding in Italy can get REALLY expensive!!!!

hope I can see the crowd going through Austria!!!
Are there stats which cars will attend the torpedorun???

rgds
mr

Airman
May 30th, 2005, 09:09
You can drive every daily leg within in the speed limits to reach the hotels and checkpoints, where we have events, in time. There is no need to hurry. There are a few Autostradas in Nothern Italy where I have never seen the police. When I left the Autostrada once to drive at the coast on a country-road, the cops were standing there with lasers.

Besides we have much Autobahn and also racetracks included, where you can drive on most parts as fast as you want to.

freerider
May 30th, 2005, 12:29
Hmmmm, when I was in Italy, everybody whas speeding. I couldn't resist either. Maybe it depends where you are? But still, you have to be carefull with the payage (toll-houses). (if you're to soon at the next one you will get a ticket)
And speeding in Belgium is even worse. Nowadays we have 0-tollerance, and the fines aren't low either. They will take your car/licence too.

Greetz Johan

Erik
May 30th, 2005, 14:30
Originally posted by freerider
They will take your car/licence too.

A lot of the people in Belgium drive like they never had a licence anyway :D

freerider
May 30th, 2005, 17:04
Originally posted by Erik
A lot of the people in Belgium drive like they never had a licence anyway :D

Yes, but that was in the past. Belgians were known for their crazy driving style. That's why there so strict now. In the good ol' days, the chances for being caught were as big as a plane crashing on your head. This has changed now. About every (big) intersection has a speeding camera now and the police are very active too. The minimum fine is IIRC 125 euro's. That's when you speed less then 10 km/h above the limit!!!!
But, on the positive/other side, you can choose to go to jail instaid of paying your fine.

Greetz Johan

mr
May 31st, 2005, 07:27
a minimum of 125 € per offence??????????? -> that's just mad!!!!!! -> and that for less than 10 km/h over speed limit -> mad ... you don't even get a ticket in Austria (mostly) when you're doing 10% over speed limit!!!!!! -> well ... and our minimum fine per offence is at about 25 €!!!!

I thouhgt the fines in italy were high -> at about 60 € minimum per offence ... ok, .... when I'll ever be in belgium I'll think twice before speeding!!!!

thx
mr