PDA

View Full Version : Is It a Myth that Men Are More in Love with Their Cars Than with the Opposite Sex?

RS4Ever
February 15th, 2005, 04:08
Full Article (also Below) - CLick Me (http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publish/Industry_Tuner_News/article_1041.shtml)

Is it a myth that men are more in love :love2: with their :love:cars :rs6kiss::rs4kiss:than with the opposite sex? The RAC Foundation intends to find out this Valentine’s Day :heart:.

RAC Foundation research has shown that 45 per cent of UK motorists admit to naming their car, 80 per cent of drivers admitted to talking to their car and a staggering 78 per cent said they loved their vehicle - proving men’s passion for their vehicles is alive and well.

While for some men Valentine’s Day may be an opportunity to buy flowers or expensive jewellery to show affection for loved-ones, RAC Foundation research has shown that men are much more likely to splash out on their cars than on their partners. Twice as many guys said they would sooner buy a luxury item for their car than their partner.

And the results of another recent survey* were also not good news for those women hoping to find romance this Valentines Day. When asked, most men said they would rather spend their weekend with a flashy car rather than with a sexy celebrity. Offered the choice between a weekend with Pamela Anderson and a Ferrari Enzo – 86 per cent of males chose the car. The only lady to come out on top was Kylie, who managed to scrape 53 per cent when put up against a Porsche Carrera GT.

There is definitely a divide between the sexes on auto-love, however, as given a choice between two classy Brits, 75 per cent of women opted for a weekend with Robbie Williams rather than a Bentley.

The survey also quizzed men about their sexual habits, and found that Porsche owners have sex less often than drivers of any other make of car mentioned in the survey(1.4 times a week), while BMW owners are the most active at 2.2 times a week. It may be worth bearing in mind, however, that this surprising statistic could owe something to the fact that the men sitting behind the wheels of Porsches tend to be older and may well have left their wilder years behind them!

Also topping the table for romantic encounters were:

Audi drivers – 2.1 times a week
Mini drivers – 2.1 times a week
Drivers of Italian cars – 2 times a week
Volkswagen drivers – 1.9 times a week

Any ladies looking for a faithful partner this Valentine’s Day would be wise to steer clear of Porsche drivers as they are also the most likely to be unfaithful according to the German research.

Sarah Forrow, Campaigns Manager of the RAC Foundation said:

"The survey results are very revealing with BMW drivers claiming to have sex most often whilst Porsche drivers are much more likely to impress with the size of their wallet. Or is it because once a man has reached Porsche owning status he has also learned to tell the truth?

"For some men, the lure of a fast car is much more appealing than a romantic date with a female celebrity, perhaps proving that the male love affair with the car really is the romance of the century.

"Many men might quote the old joke: "Why do men prefer cars to women? Because they don’t need to buy them flowers to turn them on". For some that’s sad but true."

*The survey was carried out on 2,253 German motorists for German car magazine ‘Men’s Car’

See www.racfoundation.org for information on research and past releases

The RAC Foundation for Motoring is an independent body established to protect and promote the interests of UK motorists. Motoring organisation RAC supports its seven million customers with breakdown cover and a wide range of other motoring solutions. The views of each organisation should not be attributed to the other.

J0X
February 18th, 2005, 17:18
DID YOU HEAR THAT, HONEY??! TWO POINT ONE TIMES! :D

Code_2025
October 13th, 2005, 02:38
very true...I spend almost 75% of my income on my cars....I just cant get enough....when I am in a car accessory shop or a car showroom I feel like a kid in a candy shop....there is probably a car gene or something like that in guys....
:rs6kiss: :rs6kiss: :rs6kiss: :rs6kiss: :rs6kiss: :rs6kiss:

RS4Ever
October 14th, 2005, 04:37
Originally posted by Code_2025
there is probably a car gene or something like that in guys....
:rs6kiss: :rs6kiss: :rs6kiss: :rs6kiss: :rs6kiss: :rs6kiss:

first of all while reading your post i was admiriring someones signature that i read here.. and i found out it was yours at the end of the post.. hehe, its right.

and about the gene.. there is no way its wrong!! im proof too that i have it!!:cool2: good point.

Code_2025
October 14th, 2005, 05:24
Originally posted by RS4Ever
first of all while reading your post i was admiriring someones signature that i read here.. and i found out it was yours at the end of the post.. hehe, its right.

and about the gene.. there is no way its wrong!! im proof too that i have it!!:cool2: good point.
true ma brother...true..

:s4addict: :hihi: :hihi: