PDA

View Full Version : Forge motorsport, anyone tried their DV?

Nrn
January 16th, 2003, 21:25
www.forgemotorsport.co.uk they have some nice stuff for the TT! Has anyone here their DV? They have one that should work really well with the 1.8T!? Im thinking about getting one but i cnat really tell if its worth it or not :D

BR /Nicke

Robo BeasTT
January 17th, 2003, 10:20
I have their DV 007 installed on mine and must say that it wont give much power increase.... however it will not fail like the original plastic Bosch do..... Forge`s is made of alloy and lets the pressure to build up to higher presures than original valves... this will increase your boost to some extent but I donīt for how much....

Diverter valves are much better than dump valves in our type of engines because the ECU will recognise the change of air pressure taken in due to dump valves and will incorrectly adjust the mix fuel-air.... (I think that is the problem...)

I bought the DV 007 as the DV 006 is smaller and optimum for twin turbo cars... which have two of these (smaller than the 1.8T)...

A new product from Forge is their Variable Race valve which has inner settings which are changeable depending on what use you pretend to run your car....

It is also completely serviceable and even looks great , I totally recommend it .....if I were you I would by the close loop race valve because like I said before you can adjust your settings to increase or decrease boost depending your likes....(I didn`t buy this one because when I had mine it was still no on sale) .

Down are a couple of pics from my TT installation, showing both the DV and the Samco intake hose... plus the Green Twister intake system with custom intake tubing .... hope you like it :)....

From Forge I have also bought the white dial instruments, the armrest, the fron mount intercooler with Samco hoses and the air intake Samco hose which is a must in case you mod your engine because original intake hoses tend to collpase because of the increased pressure made by the higher boost.....

My advice is go for any of these items.. they are totally awesome with the highes quality available!!!! prices are somewhat a little high though.... :(

Cheers

Robo

http://mysite.freeserve.com/Robo_Beastt/images/8-picture2.gif?0.9831232240919955
http://mysite.freeserve.com/Robo_Beastt/images/8-picture3.gif?0.8250436989240528

DanielB
January 17th, 2003, 11:31
Hi Nrn and Robo BeasTT!

I have the forge DV006. Works fine and seems to be a hisgh quality product. Forge have life time warranty.

But I read a test on the old audi-sport.net comparing the improved Bosch type N DV against the forge DV006. The bosch valve tends to build up boost faster after gearchanges. Though it still fails on chipped cars within 3-6 months of use.

BTW Robo BeasTT. I have heard a lot about the collapsing intake hose problem. But I have not noticed nor heard of anyone having this problem in sweden. I think it depends on the lower temperature here. Do you know of anyone in spain with chipped TT/S3 that have this problem in the spanish winter (or just at temperatures below 25C).

Cheers
Daniel

Robo BeasTT
January 17th, 2003, 11:45
DanielB .- I don`t know if here in spain , people don`t tend to talk much about tuning and performance :(

However in the UK forum there seems to have happened quite several times.... and their weather is definetively colder than ours :)

You could do a search over their forum and see if you get any luck ... the address is www2.ttforum.co.uk push on the New forums button and then on the search button

I think you could find some good help over there :)

Hope you get better information than mine ....

Good luck and see you soon

Robo

Nrn
January 18th, 2003, 09:52
The intake hose, Ive also heard alot about it collapsing so I changed it for aluminium one from hoenester! But Ill have to change it now since the inlet of the turbo will be on the opposit side now!

Now to the DV, yes I will go for a closed loop one so the forge race valve seems quite intresting! Now im using a reinforced original DV but I would go for a more highperformance now after the new engine mods! :)

Ill get back to you when Ive decided on wich to go for! :D

BR /Nicke

Nrn
January 20th, 2003, 11:27
Of the hose collapsing! http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/intake.mpg

BR /Nicke

auditt
January 20th, 2003, 13:52
Originally posted by Nrn
Of the hose collapsing! http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/intake.mpg

BR /Nicke

He he he, coool. :alig: