PDA

View Full Version : Jaguar F1 team may sold to RedBull

7:53 RS6
November 11th, 2004, 14:57
Allt talar nu för att en försäljning av Jaguars F1-team är nära förestående. Köpare är tillverkaren av energiläsk, Red Bull, och köpeskillingen tros vara runt 50 miljoner dollar

Benman
November 11th, 2004, 17:50
The whole thing for $50 mill? Including all cars, engines,spare parts and crew?

Nordschleife
November 11th, 2004, 19:38
Originally posted by Benman
The whole thing for $50 mill? Including all cars, engines,spare parts and crew?
well the cars are worthless, the engines are worthless, most of the spares have no value,
its worth the right to have 2 cars on the grid in F1 races, plus their base facilities, including aero and paddock equipment.
whilst the crew do work long hours, slavery was abolished in Britain at the beginning of the Nineteenth Century, so I don't think we can attach any value to the 'crew', although one of their former drivers was addicted to a profession whose recruiting agents are usually referred to as 'white slavers'.
However, this is all still rumour, nothing is finalised. USD50 million is only EUR 38 million right now, thats not a lot of red bull! Audi will miss the support.
R+C

Benman
November 11th, 2004, 19:59
Originally posted by Nordschleife
well the cars are worthless, the engines are worthless, most of the spares have no value,

However, this is all still rumour, nothing is finalised. USD50 million is only EUR 38 million right now, thats not a lot of red bull! Audi will miss the support.
R+C
:D
Funny, however it is a good deal IMHO because of the fact like you mention, the RIGHT to have 2 cars on the starting grid. But add to that ALL the R & D that Ford has done. Think about it, yes it would seem that the engines, cars, crew members, etc.... were all not very good but then when Red Bull does come in (if the deal is finalized) they will know where to start from. Right at the beginning they can start tweaking this and that because they already know what sucks and what is just not very good (Yes I realize the whole thing may suck but I think you know what I'm getting at:D ).

Toyota is a good example. They have, to date, sunk the MOST $$$ into their F1 program (with the exception of Ferrari) and still have not acomplished EVEN ONE FREAKING PODIUM FINISH!!! All the wasted $$$ for what?!?

Now with the Red Bull guys they are already at the starting point that Toyota is NOW AT! And they only spent $50 mill! A bargain compared to the Toyota blunder!

As for the Audi comment, do you mean that Audi should have bid on that offer? If so then I agree. If not what was meant, Cosworth?:cheers:

Ben:addict:

Nordschleife
November 11th, 2004, 22:02
Red Bull flick a bit of wodge Audi's way. That might well stop once they start picking up F1 sized bills.
VAG and Audi have said they cannot see the benefit from F1. They also point out that the benefits from being an engine supplier only don't add up and to do the whole thing would be too expensive in terms of people - all the best engineers being taken away from road car development. I think the R8 / R10 Sports car program is about right and in Europe the DTM, ETCC, BTCC, STCC, Supercopa which are run by Audi and their subsidiary SEAT are value for money, sadly Lamborghini's racing effort is a disgrace

R+C

Klint
November 11th, 2004, 23:03
Isn't Cosworth in the process of being sold?

How will Jordan cope?

Also, doesn't Red Bull have big advertisement deals with Sauber? :vhmmm:

Benman
November 11th, 2004, 23:19
Red Bull flick a bit of wodge Audi's way. That might well stop once they start picking up F1 sized bills.
VAG and Audi have said they cannot see the benefit from F1. They also point out that the benefits from being an engine supplier only don't add up and to do the whole thing would be too expensive in terms of people - all the best engineers being taken away from road car development. I think the R8 / R10 Sports car program is about right and in Europe the DTM, ETCC, BTCC, STCC, Supercopa which are run by Audi and their subsidiary SEAT are value for money, sadly Lamborghini's racing effort is a disgrace

R+C
Ahhh... that makes sense, didn't know Red Bull was sending $$$ Audi's way.

I can understand Audi's stand on F1. It certainly didn't do any good for Jag. "Buy a Jag if you want to be a loser" is about all they could advertise with their efforts:( . Still, Audi fans (myself mainly)would really like to see them compete in the pinacle of racing. Also makes sense about pulling their top techs from road cars to work on a F1 program (afterall, I guess you're not going to use the flunkies:D ). There DTM Championship along with TOTAL domination of Le Mans (and American Le Mans) as well as their multiple Championships in the World Speed Challenge GT will have to do for now.:rolleyes:

And I was really hoping to see Lamborghini at Laguna Seca at American Le Mans but they were a no show. Hope they do decent at next years Le Mans.

Ben:addict: :race:

Nordschleife
November 12th, 2004, 00:21
Ben
Most people hope that Lambo will take the Murcielago RGT to the dump and leave it there. Few of us believe that Reiter can develop a decent rece car out of it. Now the Aston Martin....

Benman
November 12th, 2004, 00:31
Ben
Most people hope that Lambo will take the Murcielago RGT to the dump and leave it there. Few of us believe that Reiter can develop a decent rece car out of it. Now the Aston Martin....
Common Nord, you're breaking my heart:cry:

There's still hope. If Champion could take a car as UNRACELIKE as the RS 6 and make IT a Champion then certainly with the right amount of $$$ and talent Lamborghini can make SOMETHING out of the RGT. Anything's possible right?:cheers:

Nordschleife
November 12th, 2004, 21:11
Originally posted by Benman
Common Nord, you're breaking my heart:cry:

There's still hope. If Champion could take a car as UNRACELIKE as the RS 6 and make IT a Champion then certainly with the right amount of $$$ and talent Lamborghini can make SOMETHING out of the RGT. Anything's possible right?:cheers:

A couple of things Ben,
The 'World Challenge' is a marketing series and not much is done to the cars
The classes that the Murciélago competes in FIA GT and ACO GTS, are really competitive almost silhouette classes. Rieter Engineering is a small organisation and Lamborghini Automobili has more important things to do than build race cars. With a new chassis, improved aerodynamics and a replacement engine, the Lambo could beat the Corvettes and Ferraris, right now it is an embarassment.
To be frank its the wrong car in the wrong place at the wrong time. The Gallardo is a much better platform for racing in the GT2 class (used to be ACO GTS and FIA GT-N).
In the mean time, Lamborghini should watch how Aston Martin are doing it.
R+C

Benman
November 12th, 2004, 21:41
A couple of things Ben,
The 'World Challenge' is a marketing series and not much is done to the cars

In the mean time, Lamborghini should watch how Aston Martin are doing it.
R+C
Obviously my point was not to imply that the World Speed Challenge was the tuffest of competitions (Le Mans is) but merely that Champion was able to turn a totally non racelike vehicle into someting that could run against the Porsche, Corvettes and Vipers(and if you saw some of those cars in person, you'd realize a LOT of modifications are going on).

The Murcielago is a much better starting point than the RS 6 but then maybe they would be better off using the Gallardo. Guess it depends on how capable Rieter Engineering is. Look what was done with the Vette. In the real world Ferrari 550 (and 575) owners laugh at Corvette owners. Yet they weren't laughing at Le Man. It just depends on the level of comitment. That GM was able to take a $50K car and turn it into something that could spank the 550 says somthing about their dedication to racing. It would be nice to see Lambo do the same but I doubt Audi will want to spend that kind of $$$.:cheers:
Ben:addict: :race:

Nordschleife
November 13th, 2004, 20:39
Yesterday morning there were celebrations at Jaguar. Some people imbibed rather a lot of a caffein based drink. Unless somebody sobers up tomorrow, expect an announcement on Monday.
R+C

espen
November 14th, 2004, 13:16
Well, then the Red Bull connection finally pulled through. I must say this is per definition a Good Thing (TM) as the blatantly arrogant Jaguar management might as well openly have stated that all they wanted was to be able to put the words "Jaguar" and "F1" in the same sentence. I think the most worthwhile effort they ever did was to paint the cars in a lighter shade of green so that they'd look better on camera when copetitors used them as rounding bouys.

What relly gets me is every time the team bosses (which it seems were even more expendable than drivers) were getting anywhere, they'd get sacked. How surprisong that the WRC team is having the same situation. Ford buys the best hardware and expects miracles from a shuestring budget.

I seriously think Ford needs a clean sweep managament change. They need to stop trying to live off half a century old designs and join the 21st century. Maybe then some of their engineers could be put to work on the actual cars they try to sell. Then maybe we could have new models that look like Fords, and not soulless copies of past generation VAG products :w:

Benman
November 15th, 2004, 16:30
expect an announcement on Monday.
R+C
Was the announcement made?

Benman
November 15th, 2004, 16:31
Originally posted by espen

Then maybe we could have new models that look like Fords, and not soulless copies of past generation VAG products :w:
Ahem... Ford Five Hundred....Ahem

espen
November 15th, 2004, 18:50
I'm sorry, but I think the five hundred looks like a slightly larger Mondeo. Hardly a revolutionary design, nor does even look like it was made in the same decade as the new A6 or 5-series :vhmmm:

http://www.autogaleria.pl/tapety/img/ford/ford_five_hundred_2005_01_s.jpg

espen
November 15th, 2004, 18:51
double post

Benman
November 15th, 2004, 21:40
Cheasy but if you chop off the front & rear...

Benman
November 15th, 2004, 21:41
and Viola! Ford Five Hundred! Notice the wheels & mirrors:D