PDA

View Full Version : Pics: RS6 Avant from the Neatherlands doing 280 km/h

quattro
January 13th, 2003, 20:39
250 km/h plus IS possible. This must be in Germany then. Errrr? :hihi:

There are also two movies to download, I could not see them but maybe you're more successful?

RS6 Movies + pics (http://www.jeroenwoertman.nl/RS-6/)

http://www.jeroenwoertman.nl/RS-6/images/Audi%20RS-6%20008_jpg.jpg
http://www.jeroenwoertman.nl/RS-6/images/Audi%20RS-6%20009_jpg.jpg

http://www.jeroenwoertman.nl/RS-6/images/Audi%20RS-6%20012_jpg.jpg

http://www.jeroenwoertman.nl/RS-6/images/Audi%20RS-6%20015_jpg.jpg

http://www.jeroenwoertman.nl/RS-6/images/Audi%20RS-6%20014_jpg.jpg

Interior

http://www.jeroenwoertman.nl/RS-6/images/Audi%20RS-6%20005_jpg.jpg

Erik
January 13th, 2003, 21:20
Who let the dogs out? :hihi:

http://www.smilies.nl/dieren/dogrun.gif

Mr Janne
January 13th, 2003, 22:57
Nice pics.

I am suprised to see that the RS6, even with Navi Plus, doesnīt have the nice colour-display between the gauges that the A4 has. Isnīt it available on the A6?

scoop
January 14th, 2003, 00:20
The videos are pretty silly. They film the interior 99.5% of the time. It's pretty shaky too. Ah well, time to get a new cam and a cam holder for the front window. :) Oh, not to mention an RS6.. *taps foot*

Erik
January 17th, 2003, 13:49
Try this: http://www.jeroenwoertman.nl/RS-6/f...0RS-6%20020.mpg
And this: http://www.jeroenwoertman.nl/RS-6/f...0RS-6%20019.mpg

Jeroen555
January 23rd, 2003, 00:56
Those are my pictures, and my movies.
I took them with a sony foto-camara with an movie function. I agree I better can buy a new film-camara.
:confused:
I had little time to take the pictures,and to make the movies(limited space on the memorycard). As you can see we where at the gas-station when I took the pictures. We had to bring the car back to the owner.

Greetz Jeroen

PP-S3
January 24th, 2003, 15:46
Originally posted by Jeroen555
We had to bring the car back to the owner.

Greetz Jeroen
well well... who's this guy ? he HAS TO let me drive his car !! :D :D

Jeroen555
January 24th, 2003, 20:27
:incar: :D :D :D :D :D :addict:

Need4speed
January 31st, 2003, 11:27
Originally posted by Jeroen555
Those are my pictures, and my movies.

Hi, I was just wondering if I can use your pictures on my site, http://www.pedalpumping.org/~need4speed/

Cheers
Magnus

s6plus
January 31st, 2003, 11:47
hello need for speed

i can give you a tip...

check subject: which oil for s6plus???.... there is a dashphoto also...s6plus doing 300:trash:

Need4speed
January 31st, 2003, 11:48
Thanks, I'll check that out!

s6plus
January 31st, 2003, 11:58
i mean....which transmission oil for s6plus??, hope you can find it out

Marc
January 31st, 2003, 18:42
Every RS6 goes 280km/h, in reality itīs about 265km/h. At that time the first speed-limiter is coming. If this speed-limiter is turend of, it runs 310km/h, thatīs in reality about 295 km/h. The reason for the second speed-limiter are the tieres. Still their are no tieres for daily use produced, which can go more speed, with that high wight...

If you turn off the second speed-limiter a RS6 would go about 310km/h, that are about 330km/h on the speedometer! The problem is, that it is illegal and no insurenced would pay anymore...

scoop
February 1st, 2003, 09:36
Well, it seems there's another problem. At 320 km/h on the gauge the blackbox of the anti-skid system is bound to fail, and that's nothing you want to try out in real life. :bigeyes:

Marc
February 1st, 2003, 10:03
Thatīs wrong, no problem with the anti-skid system.

Who told you that?

scoop
February 1st, 2003, 10:35
Who told you otherwise? :) The chip I tend to buy once I get my car will be coming with a speed limiter at 320 km/h for that reason.

Marc
February 1st, 2003, 15:44
Two month ago I drove a RS6 without any limiter, that car was tuned and the Vmax was about 330km/h on the Speedometer -> their was any problem...

Byside, this problem, if it really exists, could only be a bug in the software, every bug can be fixed...

s6plus
February 1st, 2003, 16:00
holy shit, that's a really high speed....
did they also changed the tachonumbers....thought that 310 was the last number:eek:

Personally I wwent once flat out with a gt2....fast enough for me. If I want to go faster I just buy myself a cheap flightticket...:D

scoop
February 1st, 2003, 16:35
Whatever. I guess I'll know more in 6-8 weeks.

s6plus
February 1st, 2003, 16:44
ok Scoop, let us know...:incar:

Marc
February 1st, 2003, 18:59
With that chip you wont know anymore in some weeks... ;)

Because itīs limited, as you said at 320km/h, believe me, the reason are the tieres.

scoop
February 1st, 2003, 22:02
We'll see. I guess owning one is more important than knowing whether it'll do 330km/h.

Apart from that, the preliminary results from that chip sound quite promising contrary to your belief.

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=574

Marc
February 2nd, 2003, 11:51
I think we should discuse that private and in german, thatīs much easier for me.

I donīt no, if your knowledge is really as high, as you promise here. ;)

If you are sure about your information, you can write me a PM.

scoop
February 2nd, 2003, 16:23
I do have trusted sources. I don't see any justification to discuss this in private and/or German though. I'll be posting more details as soon as my car has been delivered and properly equipped since I prefer to back my statements with facts.

If you care, feel free to share some details about the oh-so-perfectly-tuned RS6 you 'drove' for us all to read and verify to make sure you're not posting hoax information here.

Marc
February 2nd, 2003, 20:48
Ok, itīs really not nice and fair, if you want to have any advantage of the english language...

But I know some guys at Audi and Quattro GmbH in Neckarsulm and nobody knows anything about that problem with the anti-skip-system. Their are problems with the gearbox, problems with the temperature in summer and problems with the tieres with unlimited RS6. But no problems with the anti-skip software at 320km/h...

But I donīt want to discuss that in english anymore. If you want to be sure about my person and my knowledge, have a look at www.carpassion.com or www.meckhoff.de or www.tots.ch.

Buy the way, do you know Carl Wieland from Heidelberg? A very spezial RS4-driver nearby...

scoop
February 3rd, 2003, 00:00
Just to make sure you get me right: I won't insist on the fact that the RS6 has any anti-skid trouble at 320 km/h as I'd actually prefer it to be this way too. Noone actually digs problems with his/her car.

I've heard about problems but I haven't actually been able to make any experiences of my own since my car hasn't been delivered yet.

All in all, please don't position yourself on a forum in a way that makes other people think they don't know jack about a particular topic or make them feel dumb and misinformed. Especially since you consider yourself not really capable of the English language you should be aware of the fact that your expessions may be misunderstood and that you should take extra care to state your points in a factful, non-ambiguous way.

Thanks for listening.

Your friendly rs6.com moderator

:D

Marc
February 3rd, 2003, 09:06
No problem for me. But a moderator should take care in such a forum, too... ;)

Here are alot of people of diffrent countries with this problem and I think they all have something to say. It looks like, if this problem between us is only a tipical german problem. :D

scoop
February 3rd, 2003, 09:34
That's quite likely :mouthshut

kye
February 4th, 2003, 12:28
hi scoop,
short question, who is the tuner giving you a highspeed of 320km/h? what tyres are used? as marc (hi marc by the way) stated the highest legal speed with the standard tyres is 295km/h. no germany tuner will open the car further up without changing the tyres.

kye

btw. no battles please .... my english is to bad for a flamewar

scoop
February 4th, 2003, 12:33
Which 'standard tire' is that? As you can only marginally force your dealer to deliver your car with a specific tire this needs more specification :)

I wanted mine equipped with Pirelli P Zero Rosso, we'll see if that holds true.

The speed limit was definitely put in place because of problems with the anti-skid-box, they didn't mention any tire trouble to me. Could've been a bug too that has been worked around in the meantime. That info is like 5 or 6 weeks old.

Marc
February 4th, 2003, 13:47
Hi Kye...

Topic:
The problem with the tires is not new. It exists allready at all heavy, high-speed cars... All cars, like RS4, SL55, E55, S600 or RS6 have a second speed-limiter abit under 300km/h, because untill now you have no chance to buy any legal tires in Germany for that speed with this high wight.

Pirelli is producing some special tires (up to 2t and 330km/h), they are called Pirelli-Cup, one tire costs about EUR 2.000 and they have only 4mm profile -> nothing for dealy-use... ;) The Brabus EV12 used those tires.

At least you buy a set of 4 Pirelli-Cup (8.000 EUR :roll: ) or you will loose all insurance and are illegal. Thatīs the reason, why any german Tuner will open the second speed-limiter official...

I think your chip-tuner ment 320km/h on the speedometer and not in reality -> that will work. Look for some more information at diffrent tuners... And take the big ones MTM or Abt, they are more serious. ;)

scoop
February 4th, 2003, 14:19
The statement I quoted was from a chip developer, developing software for the not-so-major chiptuners in Germany. I consider that a trusted source :D

It could well be that he was talking about 320km/h on the speedometer though. I guess we can close this thread now and I'll speak up again when I picked up my car and got it chipped. D'accord?

kye
February 4th, 2003, 14:22
Originally posted by scoop
Which 'standard tire' is that? As you can only marginally force your dealer to deliver your car with a specific tire this needs more specification :)
okok... good point ... i just asked my dealer (the summertyres are stored at the dealer in the moment) and that are conti sport contact 2 255/35 zr 19 96 y what means that this tyre is for use up to 300km/h. if you use it at an car that is faster then this your insurance will not pay ....
thats the reson mtm dont make a "simple" vmax opening. they limit it at 295km/h if you want more you have to change the tyres (i dont know if there are LEGAL tyres for the rs6 that can do more then 300km/h)

Nordschleife
February 7th, 2003, 09:22
Guys
All the major tyre manufacturers will supply you with tyres rated to whatever speed you desire.
The faster you need to go, the less you are likely to pay for the tyres - its called marketing! So the ones which are rated to 450kph are completely free, in fact they even supply the rims!
Of course, you have to prove you need such tyres - and if you do, you don't have to care about what they cost, because you have spent so much on other modifications!

R+C

Erik
February 7th, 2003, 09:27
LOL, Nordschleife is right as usual :)

I think they mention in the latest EVO issue about Bugatti Veyron all you have to do when you want to go really fast is to call your Bugatti service team and they'll change to 400 km/h rated tyres for you.

Marc
February 7th, 2003, 10:06
Of course, everything is only a question of money...

The question is only, if it is realistic. For example, I wont to have a RS6 for daily use. Ok, it should have no speed-limiter, even that is technical no problem and it could be done at nearly every tuner. But than the problems are beginning...
The unlimited tires are only for dry and sunny weather...
They must be orderd direct at the factory...
I need a spezial agreement with the german TÜV...
I have to make a spezial contract with my insurance...
Ok, everything could be done with money and time, but that is not a normal chiptuning anymore. ;) I think, we are talking here about a problem, wich costs each year about 20.000 EUR more, than a 300km/h-limited RS6... (new tires and insurance)

But at the moment itīs really difficult to get tires for a heavy car without any speedlimit. Untill now the Bugatti and that special tires are not in production...