PDA

View Full Version : Audi A8 Sportsback - what do you think?

Erik
October 2nd, 2004, 18:53
http://www.auto-news.de/webcore/data/content/Auto_Article_EXT/13370_1096541192624.jpg

A418TQTip
October 2nd, 2004, 19:26
I think it looks REAL nice...

I don't think it'll sell though... I have no idea how many Audi expects to sell a year, but who needs a top end luxury wagon, really? :vhmmm:

Nordschleife
October 2nd, 2004, 20:53
Originally posted by A418TQTip
I think it looks REAL nice...

I don't think it'll sell though... I have no idea how many Audi expects to sell a year, but who needs a top end luxury wagon, really? :vhmmm:

A more appropriate question would be who needs SUVs?

The American market is completely different to the rest of the world.

Virtually everywhere apart from the US the most popular high performance Audis are Avants.

R+C

A418TQTip
October 3rd, 2004, 06:10
Originally posted by Nordschleife
A more appropriate question would be who needs SUVs?

The American market is completely different to the rest of the world.

Virtually everywhere apart from the US the most popular high performance Audis are Avants.

R+C
Nordschleife,

I couldn't agree more... Trust me, I'm probably the #1 SUV hater and think no one needs them... Just like no one seems to need a Passat W8, Phaeton, or a 70K+ wagon...

As far as I know, most high performance Audis are Avant due to the better weight distribution... I could be wrong...

PS: I usually enjoy reading your posts... However, there's been one too many occasions where they are not PC... Don't think you have the US-market figured out because you don't... Remember, at least 50% of all high performance cars are sold here...

Nordschleife
October 3rd, 2004, 18:30

PS: I usually enjoy reading your posts... However, there's been one too many occasions where they are not PC... Don't think you have the US-market figured out because you don't... Remember, at least 50% of all high performance cars are sold here...

I should certainly hope that most of my posts are NOT PC.

However, I can't see why you feel the need to be defensive about the American Auto market. I have no wish to have the American (Auto) market 'figured out' as you so quaintly put it, perhaps it puzzles you?

Incidentally, the reason so many high performance Avants are sold is life style, not performance and your 50% figure is very dependent on how recently the measurement was taken what you define as a high performance car and what it is you are measuring.

R+C

A418TQTip
October 3rd, 2004, 19:54
Originally posted by Nordschleife
I should certainly hope that most of my posts are NOT PC.

Hmmm... I thought we were part of an International Community... Way to go...

However, I can't see why you feel the need to be defensive about the American Auto market.

For obviuos reasons...

I have no wish to have the American (Auto) market 'figured out...

Why assume it's "completely different" then?

Incidentally, the reason so many high performance Avants are sold is life style, not performance

I don't get the RS4 B5 then...

...what you define as a high performance...

I'm positive our definiton of "high performance" is the same... Can't see it having more than one...

Nordschleife
October 3rd, 2004, 22:23
Hmmm... I thought we were part of an International Community... Way to go...

For obviuos reasons...

Why assume it's "completely different" then?

I don't get the RS4 B5 then...

I'm positive our definiton of "high performance" is the same... Can't see it having more than one...

Being non PC has nothing to do with being on an International forum.
When I say something is completely different, I do not imply criticism, merely difference.

Be grateful that there are differences, otherwise everything would be much more boring.

You are right, you do not get the RS4 and I very much doubt that our definitions of high performance are the same.

Now do, please, get over the fact that the US car market is different.

R+C

Croman
October 4th, 2004, 10:56
I love big good looking cars. And that's a big good looking car. :0: