PDA

View Full Version : Hi guys! Nice site. (RS6 and Cobra)

germansedanfan
January 7th, 2003, 07:10
thought i'd drop a note and say hi. i'm on the list for an rs6, though i'd like an avant. talk about stealth! anyway, great site, hope to hear all of your impressions as the rollout continues.
:race:

bonte
January 7th, 2003, 12:58
hi German SedanFan, I recently saw your pictures of your M5 and the mods you made. VERY nice car! i espacially like the TV in your car! But I do think you spent a lot of money on your mods!!!!
Do u always mod a car like this? BTW, why did u remove the Dinan badge? To be stealth? Pretty hard with M5 at your ass... lol :) U should have put a 520d badge on it... haha

I Hope the new M5 will be good...

see u,

Nrn
January 7th, 2003, 14:21
Originally posted by germansedanfan
thought i'd drop a note and say hi. i'm on the list for an rs6, though i'd like an avant. talk about stealth! anyway, great site, hope to hear all of your impressions as the rollout continues.
:race:

Hello and welcome to RS6.com!

Cheers! /Nicke

krm
January 8th, 2003, 03:37
Hey Paul, nice to see you sign on here! :)

don't we all wish Audi would bring over the RS6 Avant to our shores, such a desirable wagon. Sports car won't know what hit them! :incar:

:cheers:

germansedanfan
January 8th, 2003, 07:24
hi again
bonte, thanks for the compliment, i've never so much as changed brake pads on any of my cars before the m5. i guess you start with one little thing and before you know it, :trans:
i don't really like the dinan badge, although it looks good on the glass door to my study. :D
nrn, thanks for a great site. :360:
krm, nice to see ya here! yep, i agree, to see a cobra drivers' face after getting stomped by a wagon would be a sight to behold.

fyi, my dealer called and wants an additional 1,500 deposit after the initial $1,000. and lo and behold, "to be sold @ msrp" is now "we'll wait and see the level of speculation" :deal:

i love these smilies- :alig: :addict:

scoop
January 8th, 2003, 09:08
Originally posted by germansedanfan
yep, i agree, to see a cobra drivers' face after getting stomped by a wagon would be a sight to behold.

http://poocs.net/media/cobra/cobra-004_thumb.jpghttp://poocs.net/media/cobra/cobra-003_thumb.jpg

Guess we're too far apart to try :)

FatBoy
January 8th, 2003, 09:57
As the present owner of an RS6 Avant and the past owner of a '65 427 Cobra I feel compelled to say that, as brilliant as the RS6 is, it doesn't come close to the massive performance of the Cobra in terms of acceleration. Mine was timed at 3.8 secs 0-60 and 7 secs 0-100 for a UK magazine article :devil: .
However, it also has to be said that much, much more of the Audi's performance is available for much more of the time.
I have just driven to work in the RS6 and the roads were covered in ice with a thin sprinkling of snow for good measure and the ESP light only flickered on a couple of occasions. I would have loved to have seen the look on the M3 drivers face as I blasted past him while he was negotiating a tricky slippy section of road :addict:
The Cobra would have been heading backwards into the first hedgerow in these conditions.....and I would have frozen to death before reaching my office :D
Cheers
Paul

scoop
January 8th, 2003, 10:06
I've only got a 5.7l V8 Chevy LT1 in mine with 330bhp which results in a 0-100km/h measurement of 4.5 seconds (given that you're able to manually keep the traction under control :) )

Anyways, a few days ago with only a few degrees above zero I picked up some food with the Cobra (with the top mounted of course).. It's still fun to drive, even though you're freezing. Just floor the pedal and you feel all warm and fuzzy again :)

Still, I'd rather get rid of the Cobra if it needs be than cancel the order of the RS6. Its level of usefulness is just so incredibly higher :roll:

Alex K
January 8th, 2003, 16:36
Hi Scoop,

Nothing wrong with a 5,7l Chevy small block. I got a free-breathing LS1 in my Corvette.
It will not be easy for the 4,2l RS6 to compete with the sound of this engine. I am eager to make the comparison but will have to wait until summer´till my RS6 gets delivered.

V8 rules !!!

germansedanfan
January 8th, 2003, 17:33
i meant a ford mustang cobra, not a shelby cobra. and so the mustang guys don't get all :MTM: i was being facetious anyway.
i love those shelby cobras, thanks for the pics scoop!

scoop
January 8th, 2003, 17:37
i meant a ford mustang cobra, not a shelby cobra. and so the mustang guys don't get all :MTM: i was being facetious anyway.

Oh. Well, that changes things :) Still, Ford Mustangs *can* be nice cars too. Must be really dated for that though :)

i love those shelby cobras, thanks for the pics scoop!

Here's more of my little toy, in case you're interested and in case you didn't come across those: http://poocs.net/media/cobra/

FatBoy
January 8th, 2003, 17:52
Here are some pictures of my Cobra....

FatBoy
January 8th, 2003, 18:08
..and another

FatBoy
January 8th, 2003, 18:11
Ooops...don't know what happened there :confused:

FatBoy
January 8th, 2003, 18:12
and another...