PDA

View Full Version : RS6 for Sale

FatBoy
January 4th, 2003, 00:38
I'm very sorry to say that I'm selling my lovely RS6 :(
I absolutely love it, but it's a little too soon for my business to be supporting such a beast so it's something a little more modest for the time being.
However, if anyone wants to jump the queue, here is your opportunity. Daytona Grey Avant, Silver Grey leather, Carbon Fibre trim, GSM phone kit and auto dipping & folding door mirrors. Serious offers considered.
Cheers
Paul

krabu
January 4th, 2003, 01:25
We mourn with you. :(
What are you going to go for instead? The new S4 Avant?

Benman
January 4th, 2003, 03:07
say it's not true!:eek:

well look at it this way. you've had the oppertunity to own
and drive the car many of us in the states are still waiting
6 months for.

may you get another soon:addict:

gaz
January 4th, 2003, 14:56
Hi All. My first post so apologies in advance for any cockups.I was just wondering why your baby had to go so soon:vsad2: Mine is due in May:D Unfortunately can't afford to make you an offer in the mean time. Is it the amount she drinks:confused:

FatBoy
January 4th, 2003, 15:06
Hi Gaz,
Welcome to the forum.
Whilst our business is going well, it is still early days and at this early stage, my wife would rather have no mortgage on the house than have an expensive car sitting on the drive.
My main concern is the depreciation. The RS4's have held up very well on the whole, especially considering the well publicised problems with the wheels. If the RS6's did likewise, I think I would perhaps be inclined to keep it, but I would need a crystall ball to know that.
...so for the time being I'm somewhat torn :(
What is the general concensus on RS6 depreciation ?

gaz
January 4th, 2003, 15:15
If you get a hold of that crystal ball could I have a shot next:) I tried to get an RS2 some years ago but was too late. I was amazed at how they held their value, but I'm not so sure about the RS6. For me this is the most fun I can have from a family car.....2kids...dog...etc....so I'm not thinking about depreciation. Is yours an Avant? I'd think they will hold up a lot better.

Dave
January 4th, 2003, 16:48
I think that anyone buying a car and looking to make a profit or not suffer depreciation is taking a very big risk.. yes, RS models do tend to hold their value well.... but nothing in life is certain. The wheel saga caused ripples until Audi said they would replace wheels.. but this will come to an end when the warranty expires.. something that is fast approching many RS4's.

Regarding the RS6 and values, I think it will depreciate but slowly, partly because many people can't afford to go straight in at £60,000, but some would pay £54,000 for a year old one etc and so it goes down.. depends on how many go up for sale.

I'm really sorry to hear this Paul.. but totally understand your reasoning.. what with the talk of recession on the way I think you are very wise!!

Regards and all the best
Dave

krm
January 4th, 2003, 20:53
Sorry to hear, Paul. It's a wise decision on your part. Hope you will find a buyer soon. :addict:

FatBoy
January 5th, 2003, 15:53
Hi Dave,
I'm not expecting to make a profit out of the car and I fully expect it to depreciate. What I couldn't afford, would be a "crash" in it's value to say £30,000 after 2 years.
The "I told you so's" from my wife would make life not worth living :argue:
I absolutely love the car. I really couldn't think of another car I would rather have at the moment, given my requirements, wife, child, large dog etc. but I'm really torn about whether to keep it or not.
If money wasn't a problem, I'd definitely keep it. On the other hand, if money was tight, I'd definitely sell it. As it is, I'm right in the middle :confused:

gaz
January 5th, 2003, 18:01
Hi Paul
I just noticed this ad in the Sunday Times with an RS6 immediate delivery at this url http://www.euroimportsuk.com for £67995.
I think if you can sell yours now:vsad2: Make a few quid maybe and keep the wife happy:roll: Then you could probably own one again in 18 months time for a lot less.
Good Luck