PDA

View Full Version : Tag Heuer makes a watch for Mclaren SLR owners

Klint
April 25th, 2004, 18:54
Looks good! I like Tag Heuer. :D

To coincide with the delivery of the first SLR McLaren high-performance sports car, Mercedes-Benz and TAG Heuer are unveiling a watch which, in its own way, is as unique and intriguing as the car itself.

The SLR Chronograph marries the ultimate standard in watchmaking skill to an innovative and boldly expressive design. The product of a long and fruitful partnership between McLaren-Mercedes and TAG Heuer in the world of motorsport, it weaves the same spell as the SLR through its successful fusion of performance and elegance.

The unique feature of this chronograph is that it can only be acquired by owners of the Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren, ensuring that the watch will always remain as exclusive as the car itself.

Flowing lines, perfectly balanced proportions and an incomparable design are the characteristic hallmarks of the SLR Chronograph. The black regulator dial bears an immediate resemblance to the dashboard of the sports car and the unusual arrangement of the chronograph’s buttons beside the dial echoes the layout of shift buttons on the SLR’s automatic transmission selector lever. Another striking stylistic element of the watch is provided by the “gills” around the rim of the case.

The heart of the chronograph is the TAG Heuer 36 Calibre, the only watch to combine automatic winding and a chronograph function with a date display at a frequency of 36,000 oscillations an hour. This frequency delivers the highest levels of precision and allows time intervals to be measured precisely to within one tenth of a second. A COSC chronometer certificate attests to the accuracy of each and every watch. All information can be clearly and easily noted with a single glance at the regulator dial.

The Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren is a direct descendant of the legendary SLR racing car with which Fangio, Moss, Kling and other Mercedes drivers clocked up victory after victory in 1955. Back in those early days, Juan Manuel Fangio was already wearing a TAG Heuer chronograph. More recently, the driver who became World Champion with McLaren Mercedes when Mercedes-Benz returned to Formula 1 racing - Mika Häkkinen – also places his trust in the precision and reliability of watches from TAG Heuer.

sturs6
April 25th, 2004, 21:50
Nice looking time piece.
That reminds me of the picture that my dealer showed me of the RS6 watch that Audi was going to "send me"... :hihi: Joke
He was probably :harass: on the inside.
-Stuart

June 14th, 2004, 03:31
acutally compare to what the girard perregaux for ferrari's or the breitling for the continental GT, this is not really a special watch. considering how much money a SLR owner can own, he can probably afford a better watch than a tag.

ree
June 14th, 2004, 11:30
awsome!:) :cool2: :revs: