PDA

View Full Version : Tangled with a couple Subaru Imprezas and a Kamakazi in a Toyota Rav4

Klint
April 25th, 2004, 15:00
Hi all,

What a race, I always have had respect for those scoobies when I'm in the 325, due to the power advantage, the AWD platform and the rally heritage of the car. These things should fly in comparison to my 325i, but it appears not....The Toyota Rav4 showed them a thing or two aswell. :bigeyes:

After taking a trip to the Duke video track day at Jurby airfield, we found ourselves being tagged by a couple Scoobies, a E36 328i and a Toyota Rav4, earlier on the road they were tailgating each other and myself, meaning - play time. :D

We all got caught behing a coach slowly crawling up the side of the hill and the 328 was in front of me before there was the coach, that 328 took over and I followed and did a double overtake on that car aswell, closely followed by the Rav4 and the Scoobies.

The road was on an uphill, which curved to right, then kinks to the left for a mini chicane, all of it being up hill.

I had speeds in access of 130mph with the Scoobies slowly dissappearing in the mirrors, which had overtaken the Rav4 by then, a couple miles down the road, a friend in the front passenger seat suggested I have a play with them, which I thought was a good idea since that was too easy and the conditions were perfect for these antics.

I started crawling at 50mph and allowed all the cars except the 328 to take over myself...we all gunned it and the game was back on. YeeHa!

After a small burst there was another car that slowed us all down to approx. 60mphish. Back to the small convoy style driving again!

Klint
April 25th, 2004, 15:07
I saw another opportunity to overtake the Scoobies, Rav4 and this over car that was slowing us all down.

The road is an uphill stretch that crests at the top and turns right which also tightens up on that right hander, which then goes into a third gear, tight left hander. You can see up the stretch of road around the the right hander which tightens and half way around the third gear left hander from the earlier parts of that stretch.

I took the opportunity to overtake and followed after the Rav4, I think by now the Scoobie drivers were shitting themselves. :bye2:

Klint
April 25th, 2004, 15:09
Here you can see the slower car, followed by the two scoobies and the 328i.

This overtake had to be freaking quick, since these corners catch up to you like anything.....

Klint
April 25th, 2004, 15:13
Made the overtake work wonders, had to get straight off the power and onto the brakes to make this corner in once piece.

Klint
April 25th, 2004, 15:20
The Scoobies and the 328 wouldn't have a chance to take over the slower paced car for a good couple of miles, due to the twisty roads and blind corners. So, from now on in, it was me and the Rav4. Showdown!

There were a couple more corners after the third gear left hander, then followed by a 90degree right hander, called Windy corner, the road actually leans to the inside of the corner, which allows a few more mph to be held throughout it. Out of that corner there's a fast, fast straight that has a blind left hander which curves back on itself into a right hander followed by a tight but high speed left hander. This is a picture coming out of Windy Corner and on the left hander which goes into a right hander, here was my opportunity to take the Rav4, if only I could catch up with it!!!!:bigeyes: The driver must of been way in excess of 100mph!!

I clocked approx.135mph to catch p then take over this Rav4, then there was that left hander approaching awfully quickly indeed!

Klint
April 25th, 2004, 15:24
Hard on the brakes, I had to cut the Rav4 driver up to make it onto the proper side of the road for the corner!!! :rolleyes:

Klint
April 25th, 2004, 15:27
A few corners later I let the Rav4 take over going down the CregNa Bah straight.... A few miles later we left the Rav4 take the lead into town where the speedlimits do exist.