PDA

View Full Version : 600 hp twin-turbo VW Phaeton?

Snow
January 29th, 2004, 22:15
Call me sceptic, but would they style a not yet announced car like this? Is it a PS-job?

http://www.thecarconnection.com/index.asp?n=178&sid=178&article=6164

Klint
January 30th, 2004, 00:22
Looks and sounds promising.

Doesn't look like a photoshop neither, don't forget the car has twin turbos and intercoolers, these need to be placed somewhere for testing purposes, while keeping the normal Pheaton look reasonably in touch.

Finnus
February 2nd, 2004, 14:47
An interesting idea, but why is VW competing with Audi? Why build the Phaeton at all, never mind an "RS8" version? Do they think VW drivers want to grow/upgrade into a more upscale VW? I just don't get it.

Especially with all the talk of not building the 612 hp LeMans Quattro because it will compete with the Baby Lambo.

Finnus

:addict:

Bauer
February 6th, 2004, 02:15
I will say it again....VW hire me as a consultant for half the amount of money you would lose on this project...I will tell you not to build it and save you the public embarassment of loosing all that money on a car maybe 10 people will by. Oh and those ten people will be VW dealership owners who for years wanted a A8, 7 series or S class to drive but only drove Passat's. Those are the only people I see driving the Phaeton currently.

Erik
February 6th, 2004, 09:15
Rumor has it VW will release a BMW 5-series contnder with RWD.

Klint
February 6th, 2004, 11:11
Originally posted by Bauer
I will say it again....VW hire me as a consultant for half the amount of money you would lose on this project...I will tell you not to build it and save you the public embarassment of loosing all that money on a car maybe 10 people will by. Oh and those ten people will be VW dealership owners who for years wanted a A8, 7 series or S class to drive but only drove Passat's. Those are the only people I see driving the Phaeton currently.

I actually think the Pheaton will be a good perk for company executives, directors etc from the company's point of view. :)

Finnus
February 6th, 2004, 19:20
hire me as a consultant for half the amount of money you would lose on this project

They must have money to burn.

Finnus

:addict:

Highlander
February 28th, 2004, 18:26
Gents, I have just returned from Germany after driving a rented Phaeton 5.0 10cylinder diesel... yes.. you read it right!! a diesel my dearest colleagues! The rent a car company was fresh out of A8 so, reluctantly I took the VW ! I am completely impresssed with the car's confort and performance on the German autobahns! I also visited Quattro GmbH and while arriving there, the guards at the main gate thought I was an exec from VW and gave me the "red carpert" treatment ! Anyway... the car does not drive, feel or look like a Passat! It has a very special personality and goes like a bat out of hell! :wo: :race: it really is a great company car!

oswald
February 28th, 2004, 18:49
OH YES...

this 5.0 V10 diesel engine has 750Nm of torque from 2000 rpm..... dearest god this has to kick butt

not to mention that it averages 11.4l/100km ;-))

Paldi
January 3rd, 2005, 07:44
This ones for me. Turbos if possible? Man oh man, a Porsche sedan with turbos on a 12 cyl engine. Nirvana!:applause:

A418TQTip
January 3rd, 2005, 14:18
Originally posted by Erik
Rumor has it VW will release a BMW 5-series contnder with RWD.

I can see something like that happening. After all, Bernd Pischetsrieder spent 26 years (if I remember right) at BMW.

Mr Balsen
January 3rd, 2005, 20:22
As I have posted previously, the CEO of udi is currently driving a new A8 mit Bentley Continental GT Engine. I see no technical reason, the same engine will not fit in the Phaeton.

And Folks, History is repeating again. The whole wolrd was laughing at Audi when they launched the Audi V8. Nobody is laughing anymore these days.

Cheers from Paris.
Frederic