PDA

View Full Version : fs buyer be aware paypal scheme

dab
February 1st, 2015, 20:21
so the latest scam is somebody wanting to purchase your car site unseen from paypal. They will send a you link don't go there.

Here are some email addresses from people that have sent me the link and the email.

email address gary.nelson122@hotmail.com I am sure he has changed it also received the same email from Juliet Thomas <julietthomas00@gmail.com>;

Do you have the extra keys, Do you have the spare tire, Where did you get your car serviced, Have you ever had any transmission repairs and Is there any rust on the vehicle? I'm ready to pay your asking price but not cash in person because I am serving in the US army and currently been deploy to NATO Air Base Geilenkirchen, Germany and calls are restricted at the moment and my only quickest payment option is PayPal, its safe fast and secure and i will be responsible for the PayPal transaction charges so you can get your expected amount. If you don't have an account with PayPal, its pretty easy to open one, Just log onto www.paypal.com and sign up. I hope we can make the purchase as fast as possible? As I am buying the vehicle for my dad and I'm very sure he will love this vehicle, his a mechanic and a handy man, so if there is anything that need to be fixed in it just let me know he will handle it. I have a mover that will come for the pick up once payment clears in your account and he will handle the title for me. I look forward to hear from you with the information below.

Your PayPal e-Mail Address :
Full name:
Firm Price:
Zip code for pickup:

Cheers,

Gary.

ttboost
February 2nd, 2015, 17:37
Yeah, I got this same sort of email when I was selling my other car. As soon as you try to go to cell or meet, deal is off...or they just disappear. Hard enough to sell these cars without someone trying to bone you in the process.

dab
February 2nd, 2015, 17:54
they want you to click the link and put in your info into the phishing site. I ask them for a photocopy of their drivers license, to verify who they are.