PDA

View Full Version : WTB - C5 RS6 Long Block and Cylinder Heads

Del Stator
May 21st, 2014, 20:02
I am looking for a RS6 long block and cylinder heads. I don't want stuff that is non rebuildable obviously..

Hopefully not something that has spent lots of time in the North East (rust) but if that is all that is available then I will make it work.

Del Stator
May 29th, 2014, 22:45
Bad wording....should have just said long block. :)

Avus-RS6
May 30th, 2014, 06:12
Have a 110K mile short block - needs welding where it broke (starter mount area) and hairline crack into soft plug (did not leak). $900

Ran well before it was removed and exchanged for a non broken block.

Located in Seattle, WA area. Spent much of its life in the East from what I can tell of my cars ownership. It's aluminum, not much to rust. ;-)

Make offer if price is too steep. Prior owner JB welded it and worked ok for 13K miles until I went to put a new clutch in then the piece fell off. It could be ghetto rigged again but welding would be the best solution.

Del Stator
May 31st, 2014, 05:45
Thanks, but I think I am going to use my block instead. I was contemplating a long time extra engine build but it seems that I am going to get some stuff done while we swap the transmission.

Yeah, I had been looking at complete engines and had the disgust of rust still in my head.

I am officially closing this WTB thread.

Thanks again..