PDA

View Full Version : RS6 Fluid MotorUnion Intake System

Del Stator
March 22nd, 2014, 21:20
I have decided to sell my FMU intake. I am getting my car tagged California so I have to smog. I have already reflashed my computer to use the stock intake so I really don't see using this anytime soon. If I still lived in Arkansas where you don't have to smog I would keep this no doubt.

The price is $900.00 shipped. There are a couple of bolts missing. It will be very easy to source any needed hardware.

Turbowned
March 30th, 2014, 17:15
Ooooh, expect a PM from me shortly...

Dammit, and I just bought air filters for my stock intake... anyone wanna buy a pair of Mann filters?

Other_Erik
April 7th, 2014, 19:02
Ooooh, expect a PM from me shortly...

Dammit, and I just bought air filters for my stock intake... anyone wanna buy a pair of Mann filters?

I could use 'em, how much you want?

O_E

Del Stator
May 8th, 2014, 20:46
I spoke to FMU to as about there philosophy behind this intake. There are differing ideas of it's effectiveness.

Here is what Mike of FMU had to say.

"In regards to the design, we put a few different designs into consideration and what you see showed the best results in regards to flow, etc. I think we would have liked it to be a little bit different but as you know, there isn't a ton of space in there!

Keeping that in mind, we wanted to incorporate the dual velocity stack setup inside that little plenum in order to better help with flow. We've seen in the past that any type of turn hinders performance so we try to avoid them at all times!

Let me know if that answers your questions! If you have any others please feel free to send them over."

Talk soon,
Mike

Like I said, if not for California emissions testing I would still have this on my RS6.

Jms215
February 28th, 2016, 04:35
Still for sale?

Del Stator
April 18th, 2016, 01:53
Yes, $700.00 plus fee and shipping.

Del Stator
April 21st, 2016, 19:58
Sold....assuming I can find the damn cross brace...

Del Stator
April 28th, 2016, 00:56
Sold pending payment...should be today or tomorrow.

Del Stator
April 30th, 2016, 18:46
Sold......