PDA

View Full Version : Going to Shanghai

JavierNuvolari
November 29th, 2011, 16:25
Hi guys, I am going to Shanghai this Thursday for work(Automechanika) and I will have a few days to walk around(this weekend), so I was wondering if you guys had any ideas for sightseeing or something fun to do/eat while I'm there.

Yes, I do like asians hahaha :hihi:

Saludos!

Javier

Skaala
December 4th, 2011, 14:40
Where are you staying? Be sure to get a hotell card with a map on it, taxi drivers needs the map often. I usually describe the places I want to go and have the hotel staff write it in chinese so I can give it to the taxi drivers. Taxis are quite cheap there, but avoid any taxi that doesn't have stickers with phonenumbers on the sides....they look identical except from the stickers, but the non sticker ones are pirate taxis.

Cloud 9 Bar at the 87th floor in Jin Mao Tower (grand hyatt), Pudong Market, The Bund, Resturant "M on the Bund", Shanghai Ocean Aquarium, Yu Garden (Shanghai Old Street), Nanjing Lu Shopping street, MAGLEV train to Pudong Airport, Jade Buddah Temple, Dong Tai Lu Antique Market

California Club or Tokio Joe's in Park #97 Fuxing Park (night clubs), Manhattan Bar

few places I remember from the top of my head.

just spent last week working in Shanghai, went up to Jiangyin now, but will go back for a few days before I leave for back home again.