http://www.audi-microsites.com/lemans/

I wish I was there...

Joker
June 11th, 2011, 15:38
Shocking accident for Audi No.3 at the hands of Alan McNish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnD9KKhZ1wI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

darkop
June 11th, 2011, 19:42
Such a shame and he is the fastest driver in Audi.

RS4 SM
June 11th, 2011, 20:37
Well we should thank god he is alive.....

And seeing the faces in the audi garage says it all of how bad it was....

Also thats one strong car....

Joker
June 11th, 2011, 22:23
Accident number two befalls Audi with an equally horrific crash. I can't recall a year where one team has had such bad luck.

JavierNuvolari
June 12th, 2011, 14:10
An Audi has done it once again, incredible. Congrats to the whole team.

darkop
June 12th, 2011, 14:12
AM so exhausted by only listening it.... puffff!
This is unbelievable!

Toto89
June 12th, 2011, 16:28
10th Victory!!! Congrats to Audi and all of the team members. What a race, what a driver, what a car??!! Just imagine what they did with that car, qualification laps even after 24 hours of racing, pushing through the whole race with only a few secodns in front of the Peugeot. Insane. So it is 10 victories so far, thus came up to the second place in the overall ranking, after Porsche, overtaking Ferrari this year. I would love to see Audi equalling and next year overtaking Porsche in the absolute wins!
Oh and one more thing: Have You seen Rupert Stadler celebrating with the team after the finish? That moment demonstrated the human characteristics within Audi! It was great to see!

Joker
June 12th, 2011, 16:54
A thrilling race, I missed only 3 hours of it so I am rather tried at the moment. One can only imagine how thrilling it could have been if none of the Audis had crashed.

I doubt anyone will ever surpass their number of wins in so few times competing.

Benman
June 12th, 2011, 17:14
The incredible weight that youngest team had placed on their shoulders after the two elder teams retired is just unbelievable. Just awesome the level all three drivers (and team) gave!

darkop
June 12th, 2011, 17:35
10th Victory!!! Congrats to Audi and all of the team members. What a race, what a driver, what a car??!! Just imagine what they did with that car, qualification laps even after 24 hours of racing, pushing through the whole race with only a few secodns in front of the Peugeot. Insane. So it is 10 victories so far, thus came up to the second place in the overall ranking, after Porsche, overtaking Ferrari this year. I would love to see Audi equalling and next year overtaking Porsche in the absolute wins!
Oh and one more thing: Have You seen Rupert Stadler celebrating with the team after the finish? That moment demonstrated the human characteristics within Audi! It was great to see!
Was it 10th or 11th?!

Joker
June 12th, 2011, 18:17
10 wins out of 12. But you could say that it was actually 11 out of 12 because the Bentley was effectively an Audi anyway.

Toto89
June 12th, 2011, 18:19
Actually it is 10 out of 13. Audi didn't win in 1999 (first year), 2003 (Bentley) and 2009 (Peugeot won).

Joker
June 12th, 2011, 18:25
Quite right, I forget about their first attempt where they finished third and forth. But if you think about it they effectively won 10 times in a row if you include the Bentley(Audi), this is unbelievable and unheard of in Le Mans history.

darkop
June 12th, 2011, 19:38
Am still speechless about this whole race! BRAVO Audi! It's so nice being your fan today!

Joker
June 12th, 2011, 19:56
Where next for Audi, do they continue with Le Mans and DTM or should they look at rallying again and possibly F1?

RS4 SM
June 12th, 2011, 21:24
Well Joker i know what i would like them to do.....

F1 Baby............

Run rings around the lot of them.....

Erik
June 13th, 2011, 07:20
I only saw the last 4-5 hours on Eurosport, but - WOW - the lone Audi was racing the 24 hour race like it was a 20 minute fast race taking quite big risks I think.

It moved like it had no feelings, like a wolf without emitions doing it's best to destroy any chance of happiness for petite Peugeot.

Second place is the first loser, no one remembers the second place.

And after a 24 hour race the Audi managed to win by some 15 seconds... A race to be remembered! Well done!

I saw a lot of people by Peugeot crying.

Joker
June 13th, 2011, 07:53
Without the crashes and the extremely long safety car period just how much do we all reckon that Audi would have won by?

The reason I ask is because if you watched the Eurosport coverage then you couldn't help but notice the ads that Audi run, I personally got the impression from the style of those ads that they felt it was a walk in the park. A 1, 2, 3 for sure if none creashed or suffered mechanical problems.

Erik
June 13th, 2011, 08:26
Second crash

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UULKExSNK-I&feature=player_embedded

Toto89
June 13th, 2011, 10:31
Where next for Audi, do they continue with Le Mans and DTM or should they look at rallying again and possibly F1?

Definitely to continue in Le Mans! There is no doubt. F1 is only for adverts and tv viewers, no else than sensation. It is miserable with those stupid and theatrical rules like DRS system, 3 kinds of tyres for dry track and the fact that you can win the race by spare a set of tyres on the qualification. Not serious and has no connection with road cars, that's why Audi races in Le Mans. The developments made there can be applied on the streets a few years later. I keep think that the rise of Audi among it's competitors in the last years was due to Le Mans.

Joker
June 13th, 2011, 11:18
No doubt about it that F1 is nothing more than a pissing contest between the manufacturers, but surely this is a pissing contest that Volkswagen as a group needs to be in, if not under the banner of Audi then one of it's many other brand names.

My point was more that what next is there for Audi in Le Mans, it's effectively won everything there needs to be won here and done so more convincingly than any other manufacturer ever. I would personally love to see Audi tackle rallying again, the French teams have had it their own way for far too long now and as for F1, well I am sure that when the new ruling comes in on 2013 were small capacity turbo come into play then Audi can use it to showcase it's vast experience of FI and FSI to the full.

I would wager that inside VAG the cogs are already turning to the possibility of entering F1. ;)

Toto89
June 13th, 2011, 11:33
Yes, i know, they had been considering for a long time. That was only my personal thought. But there is still challenge in Le Mans, as i mentioned before, i still hope that one day Audi can beat Porsche's 16 overall wins in the legendary race.

Joker
June 13th, 2011, 11:59
The challenge of beating Porsche and thus becoming the overall greatest Le Mans team is the only reason why I feel Audi might stick around because if you think about, with the R8 they proved they were the greatest with petrol technology and with the R10, R15 and now the R18 they have proven they are the unrivaled in diesel technology. What other goals are there out there other than to becoming the greatest overall.
<style> qtl { position: absolute; border: 1px solid #cccccc; -moz-border-radius: 5px; opacity: 0.2; line-height: 100%; z-index: 999; direction: ltr; } qtl:hover,qtl.open { opacity: 1; } qtl,qtlbar { height: 22px; } qtlbar { display: block; width: 100%; background-color: #cccccc; cursor: move; } qtlbar img { border: 0; padding: 3px; height: 16px; width: 16px; cursor: pointer; } qtlbar img:hover { background-color: #aaaaff; } qtl>iframe { border: 0; height: 0; width: 0; } qtl.open { height: auto; } qtl.open>iframe { height: 200px; width: 300px; } </style><qtl style="display: none; left: 764px; top: 36px;" class=""> <qtlbar name="bar">http://www.qtl.co.il/img/copy.pnghttp://www.ask.com/favicon.ico (http://int.ask.com/web?siteid=10000861&webqsrc=999&l=dis&q=greatest%20)http://translate.google.com/favicon.ico</qtlbar> <iframe name="content"></iframe> </qtl>

The RS6
June 13th, 2011, 21:39
Two words only...

Hybrid diesel :)

Toto89
June 13th, 2011, 21:46
Two words only...

Hybrid diesel :)

Definitely! We can count that Audi will stay at least two or three years more from now. Till the end of the R18 program, which one was designed for using hybrid system. Though i hope that R18 is not the last Le Mans racer from Audi.

darkop
June 13th, 2011, 21:49
Definitely! We can count that Audi will stay at least two or three years more from now. Till the end of the R18 program, which one was designed for using hybrid system. Though i hope that R18 is not the last Le Mans racer from Audi.
It's hardly going to be the last one! Le Mans had gained so much in popularity and already many more manufacturers have been weighing their prospects to join...

Erik
June 14th, 2011, 08:02
I look forward to this! :D

http://deltawingracing.com/

JavierNuvolari
June 14th, 2011, 15:39
The last lap of the race, the last moments show how emotionally affected was Peugeot because of the outcome...also the sheer joy and exitement at the Audi pit is priceless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oS2KrARAEhk

Ruergard
June 14th, 2011, 15:51
Such a great win for Audi. Can't wait for next years fight.. :D