PDA

View Full Version : Barefoot

trakehner
August 18th, 2003, 13:30
Do you ever drive barefoot? Is it illegal to drive barefoot where you're located?

I'm curious because I saw a guy jump in his M5 barefoot, do about 5 donuts and roar off. You'd think driving barefoot would be uncomfortable especially driving as aggressive as he was. I always thought it was illegal

Klint
August 18th, 2003, 13:37
Hi,

I don't think it's illegal but it may well be as the law differs from location to location.

I personally wouldn't drive without any kind of protection, just at the thought of something happening and nothing there to protect the feet.

Longer trips might be something else...although the longest journey I'm going to do here is 20 minutes behind the wheel. :hihi:

It's something with those M5 drivers...Donuts? Barefeet? It all doesn't add up LOL.

Did the owner actually walk up to the car with barefeet? or took his/her shoes off before getting in? If it was a she and she had high heels I would of thought it'll be safer to drive without them.

:cheers:

trakehner
August 18th, 2003, 13:56
the guy was at the lake picnic and had just gotten out of the lake, had an argument, got angry and drove off barefoot

mjrr
August 18th, 2003, 21:44
Here in Germany it's forbidden. You have to wear "hard" shoes, because otherwise you couldn't get enough power on the brake. I didn't try it, but it has to be uncomfortable too...

mjrr

krabu
August 18th, 2003, 23:09
Well, not barefoot - but in my socks.

I always drive without shoes when out on a long ride. You get better contact with the pedals that way and also you directly feel when you give the car unnessesary much gas.