PDA

View Full Version : Le Mans 2009

Dutch RS6
June 2nd, 2009, 13:25
Is anybody going to this years 24h of Le Mans ?

I will be there from wednesday the 10e till the 15e.

I am camping on Houx Annex.

So if you see a RS6 C5 Mugello Limo on that campsite, it will be me. Just walk in and have a beer, Cheers !:cheers:

regards,

Mike

Mr Balsen
June 2nd, 2009, 13:47
I will be there of course with my Audi RS6 MTM... Another friend with RS6 should also be there.

Race will be very interesting this year between Peugeot and Audi...

Frederic

Dutch RS6
June 2nd, 2009, 13:50
nice, i hope i will meet you.

the race between peugeot and audi, i think peugeot has the better team this year. Audi is not a factory team anymore, so their budget is less then before.

also keep your eyes on the Aston Martin LMP1.

Mr Balsen
June 2nd, 2009, 13:55
Officially, Audi is not there....
Unofficially, it is a different story !!!

I can't wait to see the Aston Martin LMP1...

Of course we will meet there...

Frederic

Ruergard
June 3rd, 2009, 11:48
Can't wait for this years Le Mans. Last year was amazing...

Won't be able to get their to wath in real life, tv and internet will have to due. As Frederic I'm interested in the Astons Martin LMP1. :revs:

gdavison
June 3rd, 2009, 22:02
I'm away in the USA on Business... Hope I can find it on a TV station or Internet

Leadfoot
June 3rd, 2009, 23:11
I intended to be this year as I missed last year because of work and the same the year before. Well guess what, I won't be able to make it this year either. I fly to Florida for a famliy holiday on the 18th and need to sort everything at work prior to going so things runs smoothly.

Maybe 2010.

MPT
June 7th, 2009, 16:34
Quite interesting: Tom Kristensen said in a danish interview that Audi engineers had calculated that with present regulations on diesel-powered engines it would be possible to make a petrol powered LMP1 racer which was as fast (throughout the race) as their current diesel. I think it's going to be nerve-wrecking this year :race:

Mr Balsen
June 7th, 2009, 16:37
My little finger heard the same at Audi Sport.

Basically the first team between Peugeot and Audi who makes a mistake will not be able to recover...
Expect a Formula 1 Grand Prix for 24 hours...

Pilots on the Audi side are much more senior and experienced compaird to Peugeot. Rain will help Audi because the Peugeot will not be as effocient because of dirt on the windshield

Frederic

RXBG
June 8th, 2009, 02:21
so are they implying next year's car could be petrol- they have to debut a new car with closed cockpit per regs in 2010 no?

Erik
June 8th, 2009, 08:08
Pilots on the Audi side are much more senior and experienced compaird to Peugeot. Rain will help Audi because the Peugeot will not be as effocient because of dirt on the windshield

I read that during some races the top team drivers from Peugeuot didn't even speak to each other...

roadrunner
June 8th, 2009, 15:44
I read that during some races the top team drivers from Peugeuot didn't even speak to each other...

Maybe because they are THAT focused :hihi:

JavierNuvolari
June 12th, 2009, 16:26
So guys, it's that time of year once again. So for those of us who cannot see the race on the TV because our cable operator thinks we are more interested on watching some Argentina auto program(wich are VERY good, but come on....it's Le Mans) here's some free streaming.

http://www.atdhe.net/7219/watch-24-hours-of-le-mans -> Tv

http://rlm08.0157.org/ -> Radio

So, best of luck to Audi and let's see the race eating a BBQ and drinking beer.

Saludos guys,

Javier

Those of you who are lucky enough to be there PLEASE take photos for us...THANKS!!

Audiphile
June 12th, 2009, 17:39
Bring it home Audi 1-2-3!!:dig: And we'll all toast to that!:cheers:

This is the year to tie Ferrari and become legendary. The Audi Jaggernaut continues!:bow:

Ruergard
June 13th, 2009, 09:02
This year will probably be the closest Le Mans ever, can't wait!

Good luck to Audi!

Benman
June 13th, 2009, 17:47
Well, so far it is starting out like last year with the Pugs smoking the Audis by 3-4 seconds per lap. It is strange to me that the Pugs are so much quicker? I mean, the R15 is all new to exploit the new rules and yet, still struggles for speed like last year.

This may be the year Peugeuot finally does it. It is their race to lose.

Ben:addict:

JavierNuvolari
June 13th, 2009, 19:07
Well, so far it is starting out like last year with the Pugs smoking the Audis by 3-4 seconds per lap. It is strange to me that the Pugs are so much quicker? I mean, the R15 is all new to exploit the new rules and yet, still struggles for speed like last year.

Yeah, it's disappinting really a new car being smoked by a 3 year old car. I really thought Audi was going to be on top from the first moment but then again if Audi does play good like last year they might win this one and make history.

Benman
June 13th, 2009, 22:57
With 15 hours left, there is only ONE Audi in the race! TK is 2nd and the other two Audis are 19th and 20th!!! Not looking good... this really could finally be the year for Bourdais. Kid deserves it if he gets it, it is his hometown after all. :cheers:

Benman
June 13th, 2009, 23:16
Whoops! Nevermind. Was confusing the number 8 & 9 Pug.:doh:

gdavison
June 13th, 2009, 23:44

Just to be pedantic on the use of the word 'finally' .. Peugot won in 1992 and 1993

Race is sadly not going Audi's way, however lets not right off the number 1 car yet .. still running strong in second place

Erik
June 14th, 2009, 12:47
Looks like a french victory.

Toto89
June 14th, 2009, 14:27
So that was the end...At least it was a nice race and Peugeot deserved the title.
The biggest problem though, Audi "wasted" so much money on this new car and pulled out from ALMS instead. They probably did better if staying with R10, save money and continues racing in ALMS. Look at the 2 Kolles R10s, they did very nice during the whole race even with 2 drivers! I think if Kristensen and co. drove that car, they didn't finish worse. Constructing this new car now looks like a mistake especially considering that in 2011, absolutely new cars are required.

Benman
June 14th, 2009, 14:35
Just to be pedantic on the use of the word 'finally' .. Peugot won in 1992 and 1993

Yes, I was talking about 16 years being a long wait.

Toto89, I think I may agree about your comments on the R15/10. Very unfortunate for Audi.

But ...

A Big Congrats to Peugeuot, they deserved it. Audi had far too many "bad luck" occurances to pull off a victory. Last year, Audi knew the Pugs were fast, and relied simply on them not being as reliable. This year, Peugeuot proved their cars were not only lightning quick, but rock steady endurable as well. :cheers:

RXBG
June 14th, 2009, 21:41
we were operating on weight penalty or some other restrictions too weren't we?

wonder what the 2011 R15 replacement will be called?

MPT
June 14th, 2009, 21:53
we were operating on weight penalty or some other restrictions too weren't we?

wonder what the 2011 R15 replacement will be called?

30kg beneath the driver. It made the car less stable, and it tend to do unpredictable oversteer as a cause of this :confused:. I don't know if Peugeot had the same problem, but it sure as hell didn't seem that way :(.

I'm disapointed in Audi. This is NOT what is expected from them, but believe me i know they will come back next year MUCH stronger.

BTW. congrats to two other danes who won their classes. Jan 'big mac' magnussen in Corvette in GT1 and the danish team Essex with Casper Elgaard and Kristian Poulsen in their Porsche RS Spyder :0::applause:

Leadfoot
June 15th, 2009, 07:22
I don't know whether Peugeot also had weight penalties but it was commented that their cars were unstable under braking. The truth is that their cars were much quicker were is mattered which was in acceleration out of the corners to allow them pass traffic and on the long straights. They were also more reliable than Audi were, whether through misfortune or lack of testing but on the day the best car/team won.

I think that there has to be a new design for 2011 as regulations change for then so maybe Audi have the jump on the rest which would be a very smart move or they've developed a new car for a two year life span which would have been very dumb and costly.

One thing is for sure though, if the number 2 Audi that crashed had been a Peugeot the marshalls WOULD have allowed it to continue, no doubt nation loyalty was at work on that occasion. :w: