PDA

View Full Version : New Q7

Dave
November 15th, 2008, 20:54
Hi guys!

Long time no see,

My Abt Rs6 Avant went a few years ago. I replaced it a V6 DSG TT which was fun but lacked the grunt of the RS6.

After spending a little time in a Merc (why!?!:vhmmm: ) i have now taken delivery of my new Q7, and i have to say I love it.. torque levels are amazing and I've pimped it up on 21" alloys :jlol:

Some of the Spec:

Q7 S-line 4.2 tdi quattro
Lava grey , Black leather with stainless inlays
Double glazing
DVD sat nav with MMI high
DSP sound/ Bose : 6 CD changer
Audi Parking system plus (reversing camera)
Advanced key (key-less entry and start)
Mobile phone with voice control
Xenons/ adaptive lights
Rear seat entertainment plus
TV tuner + Digital
Lighting package
Electric tailgate
Panoramic sunroof
Stainless running boards
21" double spoke RS4 style alloys.

I'll get some pics soon

:wo:

Rutkowsky
November 15th, 2008, 21:08
Congratulations! Not many things beat the new car buying experience..

Mockenrue
November 15th, 2008, 21:24
Hi Dave - glad to see you went for it in the end.

Cheers, J_C. :thumb:

roadrunner
November 16th, 2008, 10:13
It's reunion time. :cheers:

1st The Brit, and now you Dave. All the good ghosts from the beggining of RS6:com comming home :0:

great ride you have got. After driving one week in a 4.2 TDI in Germany - you won't be dissapointed :thumb:

As an "oldtimer" you know that pics are mandatory. :hahahehe:

Welcome back and look forward to hear more from you.

:cheers:
seb

Leadfoot
November 16th, 2008, 10:33
Wise purchase and a great car/bus. ((joke) I had a Q7 myself)

I have only one driving experience of the 4.2TDi, that was at an Audi open day for the then new A5. I arrived in my Q7 at the time and though I had stepped out of ownership of an S4 and into a Q7 3.0TDi, I never really felt that the car was overly underpowered until I drove the 4.2TDi version.

Man what a mind bending experience that thing was, truly effortless power, the slightest flex of the big toe and the thing would positively leap forward. The rate it gathered pace was shocking, one second you were travelling a 30mph behind other traffic and the next you had put your foot down to overtake and you were very uncomfortably into license losing speeds. I remember the Audi passenger commenting that everyone had been into triple figures in the thing that day, and yet it was still returning better mileage than my 3.0TDi. I even rides better.

Where the 3.0TDi is a good alternative to the other SUVs the 4.2TDi is in a league of it's own.

Respect for your choice. :dig:

The Pretender
November 16th, 2008, 12:05
You need to upgrade your Sig and avatar. :D

Jarod.

kju
November 17th, 2008, 00:08
i HAVE to see pictures PLEASe!!

Benman
November 17th, 2008, 18:53
Congrats on the 4.2 TDI, I believe gjg was looking at that combo. :cheers:

Ben:addict: