PDA

View Full Version : VAG future motorsport.

The Pretender
August 11th, 2008, 14:19
Audi: Sportcars, Indy cars, F1. ?
Porsche: Sportcars, Indy cars, F1. ?
Lamborghini: Indy cars, F1. ?
Volkswagen: WRC. ? (New Scirocco)
Seat: DTM. ? (New Exeo)
Skoda: WTCC. ?

Jarod.

JavierNuvolari
August 11th, 2008, 15:28
My guess would be :

Audi : LMP1, ALMS, DTM.
Porsche: LMP2, ALMS, GT2 Championship.
Lamborghini: GT2 Championship.
VW: ...¿?
Seat: BTCC.
Skoda : WRC

The Pretender
August 11th, 2008, 16:20
VW is entering WRC almost for sure with the new Scirocco.
Skoda have end there WRC commitment.
Audi have had talks with IRL/Cart, if audi enter they will stop with DTM.
Seat will come with a Audi A4 B7 based sedan Exeo, DTM will be a good promotion for that car, it can use the Audi A4 DTM base.
Skoda can enter WTCC instead of seat.

Jarod.

JavierNuvolari
August 14th, 2008, 00:23
Dunno if I'm happy about Audi entering IRL/Kart...what about the Lemans series? do you know if Audi will continue to compete with the R10? or if they wil launch a new model with a fixed roof a la Peugeot?

As for VW entering the WRC with a Scirocco...it just doesn't seem to compute for me, don't get me wrong....I just don't see the point of it.

AndyBG
August 14th, 2008, 00:30
Skoda is some form of rallying with Fabia S2000...

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2008/07/skoda-fabia-super-2000-to-appear-at.html

The Pretender
August 14th, 2008, 10:56
I think if Audi entering IRL/Cart it's only engine wise, the chassie is Biform.
There are two chassies that can be used, or that must change in the future.
But if Audi is entering IRL/Cart it will be instead of DTM.
Further Audi will come with a close roof LeMans car nest year, the rules demand it i believe or the rules are muts better for it with more chance to win.

Jarod.

Mockenrue
August 14th, 2008, 15:02
I thought the closed roof rule for LMP1 will apply from 2010? After this year's race rumours were circulating that Audi were considering quitting LMP1 and entering GT1 with a new car derived from the roadgoing R8, but having read some interviews with Dr.Ullrich I think it's safe to assume that this is probably fantasy. That said, it's not been confirmed yet whether or not they will continue with the R10 TDI beyond next year, and potential non-diesel LMP1 prototypes have been hinted at.

I can't see Audi quitting DTM, as they've been very successful with it both in terms of actual race results and the publicity the series generates in Europe.

Mr Balsen
August 14th, 2008, 15:10
That said, it's not been confirmed yet whether or not they will continue with the R10 TDI beyond next year, and potential non-diesel LMP1 prototypes have been hinted at.

Repeat after me: Hybrid....

Frederic

The Pretender
August 14th, 2008, 15:19
Audi have lost three time in row from Peugeot.
This weekend it's the 4th ELMS encounter in so many race's since LeMans 2008.
The Peugeot is much faster and more powerfull then the Audi.
Audi need a big upgrade or a new car to make a chance of winning again.

Jarod.

The Pretender
August 14th, 2008, 15:23

Frederic
Hybrid what ???

Diesel/electric, Patrol/electric, Hybrid fuel. ???

Jarod.

JavierNuvolari
August 14th, 2008, 15:34

Frederic

MOAR!!! please!!!
Seriously now, I honestly can't think of a hibrid competing in Lemans...I mean, It needs to be a race engine, so when are you going to use the electric one if you have to all time at full throttle except for pits...please explain Frederic.

Jarod.

3 time sin a row....damn....that's not good at all, Audi's next vehicle MUST be faster, more agile, reliable...I'm looking forward to see what they come up with.

Saludos

Mockenrue
August 14th, 2008, 15:46

Frederic

Do you think so? I'd be surprised, as traditionally they use the sportscar racing as a showcase for their developing technologies and they're not getting into hybrids in a big way as far as I can see. I was thinking more along the lines of a return to FSI perhaps?

Unless the rule changes proposed by the ACO make the diesels uncompetitive, I can see them sticking with the R10 for the time being.

Jarod.

Yes, all true and I agree - but one has to remember that Audi have had some pretty rotten luck in the ELMS so far this year. Don't get me started on the Lamy/Rockenfeller incident at Monza! :w: :doh:

Besides, the R10 triumphed over the Peugeot where it really matters - at La Sarthe in June. As we all know with endurance racing the winner is not always the fastest/most powerful car. ;)

It will be interesting to see what recent work Audi have done to keep the R10 competitive. I know that they've been running new cars in the ALMS and that seems to be paying off.

The Pretender
August 14th, 2008, 16:12
I was thinking more along the lines of a return to FSI perhaps?
I like to see a Audi N/A V10 FSI leMans car.

Jarod.

Mockenrue
August 14th, 2008, 16:36
Me too. That would be very interesting. :race:

Mockenrue
August 17th, 2008, 15:20

Well, it's not looking too good for Audi so far today. :noshake:

The Pretender
August 17th, 2008, 18:24
Well, it's not looking too good for Audi so far today. :noshake:
Best place on thr grid 4th.

Hans.

Mockenrue
August 17th, 2008, 19:40
3rd and 4th today, behind the Peugeots. They've now lost the lead in the championship. :cry:

The Pretender
August 17th, 2008, 19:53
3rd and 4th today, behind the Peugeots. They've now lost the lead in the championship. :cry:
That is 4 losts in a row.

Jarod.

chewym
August 18th, 2008, 00:08
The rumor is that there will be a replacement for the R10 next year. That will put the Peugeots where they belong (behind the Audis) The R10 will battle the Peugeots in a longer race @ Petit Le Mans. An Audi win there would be nice.

The Pretender
August 18th, 2008, 05:45
The rumor is that there will be a replacement for the R10 next year. That will put the Peugeots where they belong (behind the Audis) The R10 will battle the Peugeots in a longer race @ Petit Le Mans. An Audi win there would be nice.
ELMS are sprint races, and the Peugeot are faster but the Audi more economical with fuel.
The longer the race the better it's for Audi.

Jarod.

The RS6
August 19th, 2008, 11:07
I don't think many people expected this...

Lamborghini: Motorsports future confirmed by CEO Stefan Winkelmann
http://www.germancarblog.com/2008/08/lamborghini-motorsport-future-confirmed.html

The Pretender
August 19th, 2008, 15:31
I would not be surpriced to see a LMP2 Lamborghini entry, a Porsche F1 entry and a Audi IRL/Cart entry, a Seat DTM entry, a VW WRC entry and a Skoda WTCC entry.

Jarod.