GP - Stoner, Rossi, Pedrosa
WSBK - Biaggi, Haga, Checa
AMA - Spies, Bostrom, NOT Mladin

Duma
July 1st, 2008, 10:23
rossi & haga

Benman
July 1st, 2008, 18:54
Last year followed all three, this year not so much... too little spare time for TV... ;)

Ben

ben916
July 1st, 2008, 21:25
Last year followed all three, this year not so much... too little spare time for TV... ;)

Ben

DVR or Tivo...

MotoGP in Assen was really good... Tossed the entire championship on its head... I believe it replays today on Speed...

Benman
July 2nd, 2008, 00:46
DVR or Tivo...

I currently have neither... and honestly have cut way back on my TV addiction. ;)

Ben:addict:

f1esp
July 8th, 2008, 21:48
I prefer MotoGP: more tech, more tradition, better riders (when they want to retire they go to WSBK...).

Although I don't like this:

ben916
July 9th, 2008, 00:02
I prefer MotoGP: more tech, more tradition, better riders (when they want to retire they go to WSBK...).

Although I don't like this:

But Edwards and Hayden and a few others when to MotoGP...
Also Checa and Biaggi are in WSBK and have a tough time with the weight/setup/difficulties of the bikes.

I agree, MotoGP is like F1...

Gotta watch the Le Mans or American Le Mans series for the R10 Diesels that are cleaning up the field and having them for lunch...

F1 has Mercs.
MotoGP has BMW?! WTF for? No clue on that one. They don't even have a BMW in the field, yet...
Nascar has .... I don't know.... I.... don't care....
Who has the Audis? (Thread slip...)

f1esp
July 9th, 2008, 10:23
F1 ---> Mercedes (http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15268)

DTM/Le Mans ---> Audi (http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15860)

MotoGP ---> BMW (you are right: WTF for?)

BMW and Audi are just stock cars with stickers.
Mercs are true race cars (I know what I say...)

:cheers:

Randy M
July 9th, 2008, 17:39
Watching motorcycle racing is far better than anything on 4 wheels. You get to see the riders and what they're doing on the bikes. There's more room to pass and out brake one another. What do you see in car racing? A little helmet in a cocoon.

ben916
July 11th, 2008, 18:04
MotoGp Sashsenring this weekend....

f1esp
July 13th, 2008, 17:18
The end of race for Pedrosa at Sachsenring (he was leading the race):
http://estaticos02.cache.el-mundo.net/elmundodeporte/imagenes/2008/07/13/1215938153_1.jpg
What a shame... :cry:

Congrats Stoner :applause:

AndyBG
July 13th, 2008, 18:02
Man, what a pic'...

ben916
July 14th, 2008, 17:07
The moto gp race was not available, at least on my cable system, in the US. Good thing the 250 race was available.... WTF?!?!?! Nice Rain race...

cornishmoocher
July 18th, 2008, 01:14
Carlos Checa in the days of the old 500cc was great- not in the Doohan sense, but you never new what he was going to do. The battles of the last of the old school racers in the 500's was for me the best era. Doohan, Beatie, schwantz Rainey and Gardiner- heros every one. TV coverage was great on the old eurosport, race days at donnington were awsome, you could just walk around the paddock and talk to racers. I remember walking down the infield with Loris Cappirossi when he was with the 250 apprillia, a mere boy! Niel hodgkins was a privateer and Mick had Won his third world title and there was a new kid in the 125 series.......

ben916
July 18th, 2008, 18:38
Gotta tell ya shmoocher, I enjoy the MotoGP series now at the 800 cc 4 stroke. I didn't like the change from 500 cc 2stroke to the 1000 cc 4stroke. Those years were like a weird transition phase.

I also think that at this level of ability, there shouldn't be traction control. That is almost like cheating. Traction control is the throttle or the handlebars or tires. These guys are not rookies or newbies to the sport. They know the risks and the rewards. They also know it is gonna f@#$%ing hurt if they crash or get greedy on the throttle.

I attended the WSBK from 1996 - 2000 with the paddock passes at Laguna. The days of walking up to shake hands with Foggy/Edwards/Corser or Kocykinski (spelling) are long gone. It was fun while it lasted and I did get Foggy to sign a hat while on Ducati island.

I have a challenging time watching AMA superbike with Mladin (no offense to any Aussies), as his ego is way to big. Spies keeps handing him 2nd place finishes and he keeps choking on it. He might be a nice person away from the race track but he is an A$$ on it.

Go Stoner! Go Biaggi! Go Pedrosa! Go Rossi!

f1esp
July 19th, 2008, 11:50
Ben

Are you in Laguna Seca this week-end?

:race:

PS: Do you own something like this?
http://www.cyclesoft.com/Images/Motorcycles/Ducati916.jpg

ben916
July 22nd, 2008, 21:24
More like this:

Marchesini Magnesium Rims
Full Floating Cast Iron Rotors
Carbon Front and Rear huggers
Carbon Radiator cover/shield
ProItalia Air Filter that covered the trumpets
Steel Braided clutch and brake lines
Termignoni slip-ons
Gia-Ca-Moto Stage 1 chip
Billet License re-location kit (very clean look)
Rear turn signal relocation kit
Carbon vented clutch cover
Tinted screen
Adjustable Clutch/Brake levers (project of 19mm master cylinders were next)
Relocation of clutch/brake resevoirs on triple clamp...

It was WAY above my ability as seen by the delicate turn-in at Willow Springs turn 4...