PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Tom and Audi!

Bingocaller
June 15th, 2008, 14:34
What a great race and to do it for the 8th time is just amazing!!!

Time to sleep soon - have been up for 29 hours now - but it was worth it :applause:

YAAAA He did it again! :bow: :bow:

RXBG
June 15th, 2008, 15:05
AWESOME RACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what a nail biter last night. stayed up till almost 1 AM. bad move for the crazy Frenchman with the slicks in the rain. but i suppose he had to gamble on something because TK was hauling a$$!!!!!!!!!!!!

it was indeed a great race. kudos to Audi. maybe this will help support Audi's and VW's resistance to Porsche's intentions.

i loved it. i am thrilled that speed channel covers the race for us here in the USA. i am looking forward to next year's brand new Audi prototype. TK is still young so i know he would love to extend his winning legacy at least another year. i 've already told my wife i have every intent of going to next year's race!

cheers to audi!

:race: :race: :race: :race: :race: :race: :race: :race:

:burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

:wo: :wo: :wo:

MPT
June 15th, 2008, 15:11
Yes, congratulations to Audi and the drivers/team around car number two!

Followed the race closely, and Audi has again shown great professionalism and great durability!

Proud to be a Dane! :race:

Regards.

The RS6
June 15th, 2008, 15:15
Great job Audi http://www.rs6.com/smilies/race.gif

JavierNuvolari
June 15th, 2008, 15:36
Victoria!!!! awesome race, kudos to Audi for pulling it one more time.

Mockenrue
June 15th, 2008, 16:39
I watched the whole race on Eurosport. Apart from a couple of times during the small hours when I nodded off for a few minutes I saw it all! Exhausted now, but elated. Well done to all the teams - and nice try Peugeot! :harass:

Audiphile
June 15th, 2008, 19:02
Congrats to Audi on another Le Mans win:incar: !

Way to put it down TK and teach upstart Peugeot how it's done!:0:

Audi rules Le Mans for the 8th time.:bow: Legendary is an understatement to describe this achievement. One hundred years of a storied motor sport program from the 1912 Alpine Run victories to the conquering of Le Mans.
As they say it is the "Year of Audi.":dig:

Erik
June 15th, 2008, 19:16
Congratulations!

Better luck next time for the French!

Highlights: http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1517481624

roadrunner
June 15th, 2008, 22:47
Congratulation to the whole Audi squad :applause: - what a race :incar: and what a victory :thumb:

Peugeot was a very worthy competitor, and although they were by far the fastest in the dry Audi knew that what counts, is who is in front after 24h.

Look forward to next years battle - and congrats to Tom Kristensen for the 8th Le Mans win :thumb:

I really have to go next year - the mekka for a motorsport fan, and an Audi maniac

AndyBG
June 16th, 2008, 02:43
Great win..., I was so conserd last night, I had a fear that Audi want make this year, but!!! They did it again!

congratulations!!!

OzRS4
June 16th, 2008, 08:48
It just make us all feel that "bit" more special owning an Audi or two...it's the winning brand right now and will be for many years to come I'm sure. Kudos to Audi!

Audiphile
June 17th, 2008, 01:49
Though, Audi must do something to improve the speed of the R10s relative to Peugeot. I wonder if the new R10s with closed cockpits will be changed in other areas to make them faster. If Audi wants to win its 9th to catch Ferrari which I assume they do, then they will have to adjust.

Erik
June 17th, 2008, 08:32
There's work going on for a new car... :D

OfftheHeZie
June 21st, 2008, 21:49
Though, Audi must do something to improve the speed of the R10s relative to Peugeot. I wonder if the new R10s with closed cockpits will be changed in other areas to make them faster. If Audi wants to win its 9th to catch Ferrari which I assume they do, then they will have to adjust.

Which do you mean by catch Ferrari?

~Mason

Audiphile
June 22nd, 2008, 04:49
Which do you mean by catch Ferrari?

~Mason

In terms of overall Le Mans 24 Hour wins, this is how the leaders stack up since the beginning of the series:

Porsche - 16 Wins
Ferrari - 8 Wins
Audi - 8 Wins
Jaguar - 7 Wins

Audi passed Jaguar with its 8th historical win at Le Mans. I know Audi wants to to pass Ferrari in overall wins next year. Ulrich has hinted that Audi is not done yet.

OfftheHeZie
June 22nd, 2008, 04:59
Ah, thank you.

~Mason

f1esp
June 23rd, 2008, 23:16
http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/7837/bannernoperfect08zh4.jpg

:race:

Mockenrue
June 23rd, 2008, 23:18
^^Love it :thumb: