PDA

View Full Version : Does your U.S. Audi dealer have brochure and price information for the S4 yet?

Qship
July 14th, 2003, 05:32
My dealer doesn't. I think this is ridiculous. The car is expected on our shores in what? 1 or 2 months? And Audi still hasn't given the details to the US dealers. My dealer is asking for a non refudable $1000 deposit on a car that there is still no "official" price on? Its ridiculous. Sorry my rant is over but I won't put in an order till I damned well know what I can get and how much its gonna cost me. I hope Audi AG reads this. :argue:

CoOlSlY
July 14th, 2003, 13:22
Check with another dealer... Lot's can offer you a refundable deposit... Also, check here for the brochure, http://www.rs6.com/articles/007.html but you are right about the dealer having almost no information...

Sylvain

Qship
July 14th, 2003, 20:25
Yeah I know about that brochure, thanks. But "officially" I know nothing. Everything I know about the car, including base price at 45,600, is stuff that I've gleaned from various sources.

CoOlSlY
July 15th, 2003, 14:03
If you want some horror stories... Rhumors are growing saying that there is a shortage of the 4.2 V8 and one customer in the US has been called yesterday and have been told that the car that he was supposed to receive in september has been delayed to february 2004...

http://forums.audiworld.com/s4b6/msgs/13869.phtml

Here's the exact breakdown has posted about a month or so ago... This is official Canadian pricing. Just for reference, the base CAN$ MSRP would give 49450$ USD$. Also, there is a 15% of taxes in Quebec to add over the 67950$

S4 base 67950$
Roof, homelink, seath memory 2300$
Heated rear seats (Canada only) 250$
Audi Nav 1975$
BOSE Audio 920$
On star 1350$
Rear side airbags 490$
Rear windows sun protector (not sure of the exact translation, anyway) 525$
Multifunction 4 spoke steering wheel 220$

That's about it...

Sylvain

Qship
July 15th, 2003, 17:27
Originally posted by CoOlSlY
If you want some horror stories... Rhumors are growing saying that there is a shortage of the 4.2 V8 and one customer in the US has been called yesterday and have been told that the car that he was supposed to receive in september has been delayed to february 2004...

Sylvain

I hope that's just a story. I'll find something else instead. I have to; I can't wait 8 months or more for my car. I really really hope that is false. How could there be a shortage of 4.2 V8's. Only thing I had a thought of is what if they're disappointed about how the S4 V8 performed against the M3 and are possibly boosting performace? I don't know how likely that is but at least its thinking positive :trash: .

Qship
July 15th, 2003, 20:15
I was just browsing the Audi World B6 S4 forum (which layout sucks btw) and it looks as if some people's cars are already in country. Is this true? How could the dealerships I've spoken to not know anything if the car is already being delivered?

CoOlSlY
July 16th, 2003, 16:09
The 1st shipment is fine but the others have been delayed since the rhumors are that the Volks SUV Toureg get's the v8 4.2 and the market for the S4 is way smaller than the Toureg and they prefer to use the v8 4.2 right now for their SUV first than the S4.

(Yes, the layout of Audiworld sucks but hey, it's free and they are putting a lot of time in that!)

Sylvain

Qship
July 19th, 2003, 06:38
I got a fax yesterday. My dealer said they had spoken to the Audi rep and that they can now place orders for cars BUT still do not have pricing information. :eye: Who the hell orders a car without knowing the price. given this car is a bit of a stretch for me to afford so I guess if I had more cash floating around it may not matter so much but still how much dumber can it get?

Klint
July 19th, 2003, 15:03
The B6 S4 is an incredable vehicle. I would pick one up at first glance...Just lovely.

It's a complete shame that it's affected by a astronomical waiting time, of 8 months (if that's true). Although, the waiting will be different around the world.

:cheers: