PDA

View Full Version : GT5 Prologe

Benman
April 21st, 2008, 20:13
Anyone one play it yet? Comments?

It is just the "teaser" GT5, but I still was dissapointed that it only has two Audis. That the R8 is one is a good thing though. ;)

So far, the realism is, as expected, first rate and feedback through the steering wheel, better than ever.

Ben:addict:

Skaala
April 22nd, 2008, 10:15
I've just finished the C,B,A and S stages, and I'm now working my waty through the dealer events. Great game, but I surely miss a logitech G25 wheel with clutch and 6 spd gearbox.

Erik
April 22nd, 2008, 10:32
I've got it but only has about 20 mins to play.

I'm quite irritaded I have to finish all the stages to drive anything but a Mini, don't have the time :(

Seen all these cars?
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/automotive-news/181936-ps3s-gran-turismo-5-complete-list-of-cars.html

deveraux
April 22nd, 2008, 13:39
nice car list for GT5, but a bit too long or not??
and look, Audi Q5 4.2l V8 s-line haha!! sure....

tazsura
April 22nd, 2008, 14:48
Hmmm, that list is toooo long. I didn't think GT had the rights to Porsche cars...

Is it a confirmed list?

Taz :vhmmm:

Leadfoot
April 22nd, 2008, 16:04
I noticed they already have the TT/RS pencilled in on their list of cars. ;)

Benman
April 22nd, 2008, 18:41
I've got it but only has about 20 mins to play.

I'm quite irritaded I have to finish all the stages to drive anything but a Mini, don't have the time :( I hear ya', it will be tough keeping up with Skaala! :D

Seen all these cars?
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/automotive-news/181936-ps3s-gran-turismo-5-complete-list-of-cars.html

That list is insane! I couldn't even imagine...

To date, my favorite car is the a three way tie between the F430, GT-R and R8. All three are exceptional cars.

Anyone else?

Despite this being a demo "Beta" version, Prologe has amazing attention to detail, I love being able to even see the texture of the Sparco racing gloves, incredible.

Skaala,

I have heard some complain that the G25 does not have as good of feedback as the DFP. Any experience with this?

Skaala
April 22nd, 2008, 23:21
^no, I've only heard good things about it, but it currently costs around 500USD here, and I still think it's a bit steep....at least until I get myself a new big HDTV.

Finished the dealer races today...not so many of them as I thought..and I still have 3 more races I don't have 1place in yet (stuck at 2nd), in the S class :)

*oh...the hours spent..*

LamboM
April 23rd, 2008, 13:36
I really wonder how is it?
I have it's rival (Ultimate rival) Forza Motorport 2for the Xbox 360, great game, I have dmage on the cars , the car controll it much like in real life and I hace companies like Porsche ferrari ,
Lamborghini and I will soon be downloading a pack with the R8.
Only down side is, I don't have driver's view , but I'm sure Forza 3 will take care of that... :)
And the damage is not the most realistic, but better than nothing , and for this i hope FM 3 would take care
Of.

But what I would really like to know , how are the controlls?
Because I own GT4 and as you know (or not) there is a big problem with the
controlls, the cars feels lumpy and planted to the road , you know what I mean?
they feel blocky no matter what you try, so is it the same story with GT5?

there are cuple of things I do know though, the problem of the old game,
they say it has 700+ cars but most of the list is built from 100000000 diffrent
versions Of the same car (with no real differences betwin them) .

And I'm pretty sure this is not the real list, i saw a cuple of days ago
and interview with the game creator about the full GT5 , and he said
that companies like Lamborghini and Porsche want too much money, so they won't
be there, but it's still not 100% so we'll have to wait for the ultimate answer.

Der Major
April 23rd, 2008, 15:33
Audi Sport Quattro S1 Pikes Peak ‘87 598 PS
Audi Sport Quattro ‘84 306PS
Audi 90 Quattro ‘95

My list is complete :applause:

01a6v8
April 24th, 2008, 05:45
i got the game and i dont think it has all those cars in there
i think it has like 40 plus cars

Der Major
April 24th, 2008, 08:50
You have to play career and unlock the cars. Just like in GT 4

Benman
April 25th, 2008, 20:00
You have to play career and unlock the cars. Just like in GT 4

Exactly... You also have to count the GT and other tuner cars as "seperate" models...

LamboM
May 2nd, 2008, 09:13
But what I would really like to know , how are the controlls?
Because I own GT4 and as you know (or not) there is a big problem with the
controlls, the cars feels lumpy and planted to the road , you know what I mean?
they feel blocky no matter what you try, so is it the same story with GT5?

May I receive an answer?

Skaala
May 2nd, 2008, 11:11
the controls are much better, there is so much difference in feel in the cars. Not comparable to GT4 at all! :)

f1esp
May 7th, 2008, 09:31
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/05/06/gt-academy-competition-to-put-gt5-prologue-player-in-real-race/

"...Sony Computer Entertainment Europe and Nissan are joining forces to host a competition that could place a really good gamer behind the seat of a real Nissan 350Z at a very real 24-hour endurance race in Dubai..."

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2008/05/55213nis_opt.jpg

3abdo
May 10th, 2008, 04:12
Its an amazing game, what i don't like about it is that you could easily buy the wrong car, anyway just bought a z06 its really fast but for some reasons i am not able to make it drift a lot