PDA

View Full Version : A5 2.0 T & 2.0 Tdi...

AndyBG
March 25th, 2008, 17:51
...Are there plans from Audi for these two models, and what versions of these engines are expected...?

THX :cheers:

MPT
March 25th, 2008, 18:12
2nd quarter 2008:
A5 2.0TFSI 6speed M/T
A5 2.0TFSI quattro 6speed M/T

3rd quarter 2008:
A5 2.0TDI 6 speed.

Later on other transmissions will probably follow.

KresoF1
March 26th, 2008, 13:22
A5 2.0TDI 170hp 6speed manual can be ordered at my dealer.

Here is the price list from Audi Slovenija:
http://www.audi.si/si/download/preisliste/Cenik_Audi_A5.pdf

AndyBG
March 26th, 2008, 14:20
Very useful info' gentleman, thank you very much! :cheers:

funky
March 26th, 2008, 17:36
now bring those TDIs to the States (although the way diesel prices have been going up around these parts, i'm not so sure anymore)

pampas
March 27th, 2008, 02:33
now bring those TDIs to the States (although the way diesel prices have been going up around these parts, i'm not so sure anymore)

diesel is like $1 more per gallon, I don't see the TDI's doing much anymore in US. I mean, the 30% (or so) less in fuel consumption was just eaten by the diesel (new) prices. I don't see why would I pay more for a less hp(eah, more tq but still not enough combination in those little engines), end ending up with the same $$$ per miles. This doesn't just messes up Audi, but also MB and BMW with their diesels. Someone tell me a good reason to buy a diesel engine, when 1 gallon of regular fuel is about 3.20 (US average) and 1 gallong of diesel goes for about 4USD. Actually $4.22 in Chicago :)

On another side(not diesel talk anymore), BMW is losing TONS of profit for selling so many cars in US. Weak US dollar compared to a strong Euro doesn't mean much profit left in all those sold cars. I really think Audi is (so extremelly) happy right now they don't sell much here, at least not compared to BMW.

Leadfoot
March 28th, 2008, 01:01
The new A5 2.0TFSi will be very impressive, not only with it's small improvement in power but it's much bigger improvement in torque. I wouldn't be surprised to find it quicker than the 3.2L version.

MPT
March 28th, 2008, 16:56
The new A5 2.0TFSi will be very impressive, not only with it's small improvement in power but it's much bigger improvement in torque. I wouldn't be surprised to find it quicker than the 3.2L version.

havent gotten the info yet, but you are right Leadie. i know it's going to be 6,2 or 6,3sekonds from 0-100km/h. So about the same as the 3.2FSI (but with 20nm more torque, and over a much wider range :love:) .

The EA 888 is such an improvement over the older engines - so much low end torque, you would think it is a diesel, but the peak power of a turbo engine. Don't know if any of you have tried the new 1.8TFSI?, but WHAT an angine. Feels much bigger than it really is.

I don't know why people say Audi don't do great turbo engines any more? Just look at the "base models" instead of S- and RS.

AndyBG
March 28th, 2008, 22:03
I'm interested more with 2.0 TDI.

Is it going to be ''PD'' or common rail engine?

What power figures can we expect..., 170 hp or more?

Is there a chance for a future 2.0 bi turbo TDI to find place in A5?

THX :cheers:

KresoF1
March 28th, 2008, 23:17
As you already know from the price list it is 170hp 2.0TDI engine, common rail.

AndyBG
March 29th, 2008, 01:23
As you already know from the price list it is 170hp 2.0TDI engine, common rail.

Thanks, again! :thumb:

I just wanted to check once more with you guys, B/C power figures for the ''PD'' and common rail are the same, and I don't even bother to ask anything here at the Audi's dealer, employees there are so un-informed..., you wouldn't belive ..., anyway, thanks once again for the info'! :cheers:

What are you expecting on the ''performance field'', my friend has yesterday taken delivery of the BMW 320d Coupe, and I must say it is a sweet ride for that money and that expenses. Will A5 2.0 TDI be the that good, better or worse is what would I want know... Any thoughts...?

KresoF1
March 29th, 2008, 09:48
Aside from possible traction issues(just FWD with 350Nm) for me clear choice is A5 2.0TDI. Just choose the option carefully:
-either sport suspension or Drive Select with Active Dampers(do NOT go for Dynamic Steering-PS5 feeling)
-19" wheels with 255/35 tires(they are not too big for 350Nm on FWD)
-sport seats
-navi(a must)

If I can add Meteor Grey with Black Leather/Alcantara combination. Perfect.
I can add few option suggestion as well if you like...

AndyBG
March 30th, 2008, 05:38
Thanks, once more! :cheers:

I'm not currently in the position to go for A5, but this can be useful info for the some near future...

What do you think about S-line on A5, is it something that is a ''must''..?

What other options would you go for?

KresoF1
March 30th, 2008, 12:31
A5-either 2.0TDI or 1.8T(my personal favourite amoung FWD A5s)...

Options:
-Drive Select with Active Dampers or Sport Suspension(not SS+, too stiff)
-19" with five Y spoke
-Sport seats(Electric if you have extra cash)
-heated seats
-Navi(a must)
-Parking system plus
-Leather/Alcantara combination
-Xenon plus lights(add Adaptive lights)
-Folding rear view exterior mirrors
-Interior lights package

Maybe I missed something...

AndyBG
March 30th, 2008, 16:06
Maybe I missed something...

If you remember anything else, feel free to add, I will be going at ''Porsche Beograd'', next week to see what price tag can I expect for the A5 2.0 TDI with ''KresoF1 package" :D

:cheers:

Auto
April 21st, 2008, 12:18
I'm also waiting for the A5 2.0T Q 211hp and 2.0TDI Q 170hp (209hp) motors.
I'm drving around in a 2007 BMW 120d with 19" CSL now and the diesel engine is amazing, I get really good milege even thou I drive fast and the car has 19".
The 2.0T 211hp is said to have and urban consumption of 0.66l/10km which is good for a 211hk motor but then again with 19" wheels more options I guess 0.8l/10km will be the finial result.

My must have options are..

Proline
S-Line exterior
S-Line interior
B&O Sound
Xenon

Pozdrav balkanci!

The RS6
April 21st, 2008, 12:20
Proline

What is Proline?

Pozdrav balkanci!

LOL pozdrav :bye: :hihi:

Auto
April 21st, 2008, 16:58
Proline is a package that we have here in Sweden, it includes larm, multifunction wheel, speciall mirrors, armrest, audi symphony cd and so on.
I think they are chaging it right beacuse I cant find it on audi.se.

selman
June 20th, 2008, 09:01
A5 2.0TFSI fwd and quattro is avaliable now in UK. Hope to see in other countries.:dance: I wonder if it is going to have same exhaust sound like TT. Here what I found

http://www.a5oc.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1964&d=1212263590