PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice and quick!

whealey
March 2nd, 2008, 21:47
Hey all - first post but huge Audi lover!

I have an A5 3.0TDi on order and it is due in April. It is phantom black and has the cool curvy wheels on it (sorry, don't know the name of them). I have spec'd it up with loads of accessories and cant wait for it to come.

My sister has just got a new BMW in white and I've kind of fallen in love with the idea of a white car. I called Audi on Friday to see if there was any chance of swapping it to white but they said no - it has already been confirmed at the factory and no changes can be made.

Just to humor myself I visited my local Audi dealer today - I called them before I stopped in and confirmed they had a white one in. They did and to be honest I wasn't too impressed. It was actually parked next to a black one and I preferd the black.

When I went back inside I saw an Audi TT in an Audi Exclusive colour called 'Suzuka Grey'. I personally think it looks the dogs and am seriously considering cancelling my black car and re-ordering one in Suzuka Silver. I got home and thought I would look on the net to see if I could find an A5 in that colour to see if it looks as good as it did on the TT.

I came across these pictures of an S5 in Suzuka Grey with custom rims and to be quite honest I am in love. I think the colour along with the wheels looks amazing and although the wheels could be percieved as 'boy racer' I think they suit the car and colour really well.

I am now seriously considering cancelling my order tomorrow and putting an order in for this grey colour. I would even go for the wheels like on this car. I would have to put my delivery date back to September from April but the new number plates (UK) come out early September so would that be such a bad thing?

Really need some opinions - I am really feeling the Suzuka Grey with those rims - maybe even that interior choice as well.

Oh yeah - the gallery is here (http://www.b-b-motorsport.de/de/cars_audi_a5.html) (scroll down to the bottom). Can't wait for some input!

AndyBG
March 3rd, 2008, 00:00
Go for white A5 with S-line !!!

RacerBice
March 3rd, 2008, 11:00
White looks cheap, REALLY cheap. The other day, I had by chance my silver S3 sitting next to a white one, and the latter simply looked utterly un-sporty and non-exclusive by direct comparison. For me, it is simply mind-bobbling how people can even consider ordering an expensive car in such a ridiculously plain colour. A colour that in addition thereto neutralises all effects from shiny details.

As for Suzuka Grey; yeah, looks great. But honestly, what's wrong with black? Works brilliantly together with the shiny trim. So I'd say; hang on to your current order.

Bingocaller
March 3rd, 2008, 11:05
I would stay with black even though I am a big fan of white cars!

jeankk
March 3rd, 2008, 18:30
Stay with the Phantom Black, it really suits the car... I order mine Meteor Gray with 19 "Y" shape wheels... But my second choice was the Phantom Black, Susuka Gray is also pretty awesome but no prettier enough for waiting an extra couple of months.

:hahahehe:

You are suffering from buyer's remorse!

Dont worry the car would be great and TDI 3.0 is a great engine...

whealey
March 3rd, 2008, 19:13
I've made my decision today and decided to cancel my order and go with the Suzuka Grey with all black interior. It was a tough decision to make but I feel I have made the right one. I know its a longer wait but I have my 2.0FSI A3 to be playing with until it arrives.

I've also added a few more extras on it so it is completely tricked out now :-)

MPT
March 3rd, 2008, 23:54
I would go for black as well. I LOVE white cars, but it just doesn't work that nice for the A5. This does also apply to Suzuka.

My S5 is black (although 'plain' brilliant black, since i by far prefer this to the pearl).

GREAT car you'll get there. You will not regret it!! :hahahehe:

Regards.

AndyBG
March 4th, 2008, 00:30
So, this is the ''cheap looking car''... ?

I just can't agree on that one...

BTW, what is correct name of this color?

CinciRS6
March 4th, 2008, 02:02
So, this is the ''cheap looking car''... ?

I just can't agree on that one...

BTW, what is correct name of this color?

I think its Ibis White and no it doesnt look cheap at all... Hands down, The Phantom Black and White will get the most head turns when its clean. Why even mess with that one suzka grey when you could get daytona grey or quartz grey. If I were you I would go with white or black.

yellojello
March 6th, 2008, 00:12
+1 for Ibis White... but I may be a little biased =P

IhateRWD
March 6th, 2008, 11:44
white looks cheap?:harass: White is the best colour any Audi can get, than is the black one. When you see an A5 Coupe in Ibis Weiss you piss your pants because it looks like a spaceshuttle, and S-line agressiveness looks even more amazing!Did i need to tell you that the fact is the 90% of new cars are white?!White is the best whatever you say and belive me A5 in white with those red tail lights it makes a contrast that not even a single car can match that (only R8 i think)!Go for white...

Leadfoot
March 6th, 2008, 17:51
If you don't mind the tar spots which are most noticeable with white then I too would pick the white from the list of stock colours. It's the IN colour at the moment but as with anything the IN colour can very quickly become the OUT colour too, so think about that before ordering.

The colours you can't go wrong with are silver, quartz grey, black, the lighter of the two blues and of course plain red.

HKS786
March 6th, 2008, 20:32
If you don't mind the tar spots which are most noticeable with white then I too would pick the white from the list of stock colours. It's the IN colour at the moment but as with anything the IN colour can very quickly become the OUT colour too, so think about that before ordering.

The colours you can't go wrong with are silver, quartz grey, black, the lighter of the two blues and of course plain red.

I agree bro. As much as I love white I know I didnt like it in the past and that could easily be the case again. I totally agree with those colours you've mentioned. I've started to take a liking to Greys a LOT now, and I've always respected reds and blues :D

AndyBG
March 7th, 2008, 02:25
Interestingly, people are saying that exact thing about white color from the day it begin to ''return''..., its some three or four years now, and it is still don't showing any fadeing signs.

Maybe, this time, white stays a little bit more in the spot.