PDA

View Full Version : Future S5 parts.

The Pretender
January 6th, 2008, 17:18
Can we expect future S5 parts like:

Carbon Fibre exterior parts (rear Valence, front splitter)
Titanium colored 7 double spoke 9x20" wheels with 265/30R20". (just silver one's at the moment)
RS4 style sport Recaro's.
Ceramic brakes.

Jarod.

KresoF1
January 6th, 2008, 17:40
Bucket seats and Ceramic Brakes of course NOT. S5 is not quattro GmbH model.
Ceramic Brakes are currently available only in limited quantity of R8(hopefully situation will be better after quattro GmbH stops the production of RS4 models).

You will have to wait RS5 for most(all?) of your wishes...

Rage
January 6th, 2008, 19:24
Are Ceramic brakes essential if youre planning to track the car?

KresoF1
January 6th, 2008, 19:29
What car-S5 as a track car??! Even R8 is little bit too heavy for frequent track use IMHO.

Ceramic Brakes are lighter and offer more brake power. BUT, its main advantage is constant brake feel, power and brake pedal travell. These brakes are confidence booster-that is very important IMO on track like Ring.

Normal R8 brakes are excellent as well but, honestly said Ceramics are better.

Leadfoot
January 6th, 2008, 20:55
What car-S5 as a track car??! Even R8 is little bit too heavy for frequent track use IMHO.

I would agree that the S5 isn't the best car to consider for track work but very occasionally it would still provide a bit of fun and with the right driver could show some other more suited cars a thing or two.

As for the R8 being too heavy for it.......come on, if the R8 isn't suitable for the odd trackday then what is? And please don't say a CSL or GT3RS because all that will prove is you regard only proper track oriented cars suitable which is really defeating to reason for the question in the first place.

Ceramic Brakes are lighter and offer more brake power. BUT, its main advantage is constant brake feel, power and brake pedal travell. These brakes are confidence booster-that is very important IMO on track like Ring.

Normal R8 brakes are excellent as well but, honestly said Ceramics are better.

Everything I have heard regarding the ring gives the opinion that brakes aren't as important on it as most shorter tracks. I would agree if your intention was for a lot of track event then Ceramics will last a lot more abuse plus won't fade unlike normal brakes which at best will last 10 laps regardless of how easy your are on them.

As a rule, the heavier the car to more benefits ceramics will give you on a track.

roadrunner
January 6th, 2008, 21:26
Bucket seats and Ceramic Brakes of course NOT. S5 is not quattro GmbH model.
Ceramic Brakes are currently available only in limited quantity of R8(hopefully situation will be better after quattro GmbH stops the production of RS4 models).

You will have to wait RS5 for most(all?) of your wishes...

KresoF1 - i don't see the ceramic brake & quattro GmbH connection :vhmmm: - they can be ordered for the "ordinary" S8 as well

KresoF1
January 6th, 2008, 21:35
KresoF1 - i don't see the ceramic brake & quattro GmbH connection :vhmmm: - they can be ordered for the "ordinary" S8 as well

What is your point? Yes, Ceramic Brakes can be ordered for S8 and A8 W12 as well. BUT, they are not the same one as the one that are option for R8. Difference? R8 use different calipers at rear-proper 4 caliper from Brembo in addition to 6 caliper fronts. Size of the discs is the same as standard ones on R8-380mm fronts/356mm rears...

There are only five models currently in Audi line that can be equiped with optional Ceramic Brakes:

-RS4 Cabrio(only front brakes)
-S8
-A8 W12
-R8(limited availability)
-RS6 Avant

Leadfoot
January 6th, 2008, 21:37
What is your point? Yes, Ceramic Brakes can be ordered for S8 and A8 W12 as well. BUT, they are not the same one as the one that are option for R8. Difference? R8 use different calipers at rear-proper 4 caliper from Brembo in addition to 6 caliper fronts. Size of the discs is the same as standard ones on R8-380mm fronts/356mm rears...

There are only five models currently in Audi line that can be equiped with optional Ceramic Brakes:

-S8
-A8 W12
-RS6 Avant

Notice that all with the exception of the R8 are big heavy cars which will benefit most from these brakes.

Rage
January 6th, 2008, 23:38
Sorry wasnt making myself clear.

I meant for the RS5. I intend to track it every now and then for fun and was considering if Ceramic brakes would be a good option considering the projected weight of the car and effects on brake fade etc. This is soemthing the current M3 has been criticised for.

roadrunner
January 7th, 2008, 00:01

-S8
-A8 W12
-RS6 Avant

My point is that the thread starter asked about S5 options. And the fact that the S5 is not being build by quattro GmbH does not mean, that ceramic brakes for S5 cannot become available in the future (i doubt it as well).