PDA

View Full Version : Charity day for Children

foragoodcause
December 29th, 2007, 13:53
Guys,
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
Firstly, Z07, you’re a coward, I’ve seen your type a million times. You say things on the net, trying to be the big man and all the time sat behind the safety of your keyboard. You’re a joke. My e-mail address is at the bottom of this post, if you grow some balls and have the guts to say all your crap to my face, then e-mail me and we’ll sort it out over a beer. If as I think you’re a coward, shut up and go back to school.
Also can someone please explain to me how this ‘person’ can create an entire post to attack me and he isn’t banned.? One set of rules for me and one set of rules for everyone else.
<o:p> </o:p>
There actually was a reason that I re-registered onto this site, but I was waiting for some pictures to come back to me before posting. I am now banned, but hopefully those in control will read this post and allow it to stay as its for a good cause.
I am a member of three other sites for all different types of cars. Ferrari’s, Lambo’s, Porsche’s etc etc. A number of years ago a member was contacted by a childrens hospital as they had some young children, who were terminally ill, who loved cars and in particular Ferrari’s. We were asked if anyone could bring a car down for them to have their photos taken in. Well 27 Ferrari’s turned up and we took all the kids for rides in the cars around the hospital grounds. Truly a humbling experience. Since then it has become a yearly event and the numbers of cars has grown, we also raise money for the hospital through out the year at track days, car events etc.:)
Its one of the best things I have ever been involved with. If there are any Ferrari, Lambo or exotica car owners on this site (will allow R8’s), based in the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">UK</st1:place></st1:country-region> who want to get involved, then please e-mail me on the address below. Everyone is welcome, it’s a great bunch of guys and a seriously good day out. The chilldren’s bravery in face of great obstacles is inspiring and it’s a joy to do the little bit we can to help.:bow:
The children are of course free of charge for the rides, but others can pay to have a ride in a car with all money going to the hospital. Bacon Sandwiches are supplied free of charge all day.:applause:
We even had James May and Richard Hammond from Top Gear come to the last event,:thumb:
Here are some pictures from the last event. I hope this post is not deleted. If it is, then fair enough. We are just trying to grow this and grow the money that can be raised yearly.:cool2:
Thanks
Elstimpo
cjstimson@yahoo.com