PDA

View Full Version : Universo Paralello

JavierNuvolari
December 4th, 2007, 19:40
Well Gentlemen, it's the end of the year...I hope everyone over here had a good one and of course, I hope you all have an outstanding New Year's Eve with the loved ones. Me? I'm going to spend my New Year's Eve with the GF in Brazil, Pratigui Beach to be precise, at this electro hippie festival.

I started this thread since I know some of you guys may have some interesting information regarding Brazil, tips, advices, everything is welcome friends.

I arrive to Sao Paulo on 25th and leave to Salvador de Bahia on 26th morning, so I would very much appreciatte any input you guys have regarding....well....everything, places to visit, "musts", eateries, all is welcome.

Saludos!!!

Javier O.:cheers:

Charles DLF
December 5th, 2007, 11:46
hey man,

you lucky bastard!!! i was in brazil two summers ago since a friend of mine had moved to Rio for a couple of years, he has (unfortunately for you) come back to paris.... Let me tell you what a wonderful country it is. The wife and I Traveled from Salvador to Fortaleza in the worst buses i've ever seen, and man have i seen buses in my life. So we did what is called the Nordeste, and it was unbelievable. We traveled from one site to another, taking our time, to visit, hang out by the beach, go diving and all...

Although the cities are a little frightening for European tourists, especially with all the stories you hear, the country is just fantastic. Outside the cities the people could be the nicest ever met, and have traveled fearlessly for an entire month. If i could give you a peice of advice, just take a back pack and go as you feel, i did it this way and had the time of my life!!! Don't hesitate to ask advice to the locals, you'll meet great people, and learn alot this way. I found the Lonely Planet guide was very good...

We finished off by a week and a half in Rio and could have spent a lifetime there!! The city is huge, can be somewhat scary at night, but so so so so beautiful, so alive, it was just incredible.

I just want to go back there because we have covered such a small part of the country, and i here the rest is just about as breath taking!

Enjoy your stay, have plenty of fun with the hippies, and i hope you'll have a chance to move around a little bit

Charles

JavierNuvolari
December 5th, 2007, 14:52
Thanks Charles!!, I just can't wait to end this college year and get over there. Thanks for your input mate, I greatly appreciate it.
Glad to hear you had such a great time over there, gives me peace of mind to read you were backpacking through Brazil and had no biggies at all.

As for the buses....hahah...yeah I hear they're among south america's worst right after Bolivia...haha, but no problem...we arranged this bus trip from Sao Paulo to Salvador, only 320 reales for going and back, A/C, aaaaaaand....drinks on the house for the entire trip...nice.

Will take pictures and post them up here.

Thanks again Charles:cheers:

come on guys, any input is greatly appreciated