PDA

View Full Version : What's a good hotel in Miami?

gmbh6
November 28th, 2007, 01:02
For January?

The Lowes is sold out. I think the Four Season is available and the Mandarin. Surrounding cities are also okay.

Anybody have experience?

crespo
November 28th, 2007, 02:41
Mandarin is great, as is Four Seasons...

No offense, but there are a LOT of good hotels in Miami. Not the best question to be asking..

RussianM3_dude
November 28th, 2007, 07:13
Stay in a small boutique hotel on South Beach.

tazsura
November 28th, 2007, 09:27
Royal Palm, next to Lowes. Backs onto the start of Ocean Drive.

Taz :thumb:

RXBG
November 28th, 2007, 13:35
another good one is the south beach hotel. one block from ocean drive and in a quiet and safe area next to the miami ballet. check out www.epoquehotels.com

naturally, you cannot go wrong with the 4 seasons or the mandarin but they aren't on south beach.

south beach is overrated anyway. but for you europeans it is a self-perpetuating must do i guess. :p

tazsura
November 28th, 2007, 13:52
I just liked the women in South Beach...

Taz :love:

nene
November 28th, 2007, 15:25
My condo is at the Fountaine Bleu. Love it there.
Stayed at The Tides the first time on Ocean Drive, and it was the best.
Fountaine Bleu is about 1.5 miles from South Beach, and great. The condo complex usually has some rooms available. Enjoy your trip.

RXBG
November 28th, 2007, 15:34
I just liked the women in South Beach...

Taz :love:

head to the delano for sure. lots of rich and wanna-be-rich girls/women looking for fun. best to have a place on the beach in that case for sure. less chance of cold "thighs" as you stumble her back to your room.

get the mojitos. not the best. overpriced. but StRoNg.

:cheers:

ps- if she has cold sores on her mouth. don't kiss her. in fact, get away. :lovl:

tazsura
November 28th, 2007, 15:41
head to the delano for sure. lots of rich and wanna-be-rich girls/women looking for fun. best to have a place on the beach in that case for sure. less chance of cold "thighs" as you stumble her back to your room.

get the mojitos. not the best. overpriced. but StRoNg.

:cheers:

ps- if she has cold sores on her mouth. don't kiss her. in fact, get away. :lovl:

:applause: :applause:

Taz :burnout: :burnout:

Kimbo
November 28th, 2007, 16:24
South Beach:

The Setai (*****)
Casa Casurina (*****)

Brickell:

Four Seasons (****)
Mandarin Oriental (*****)
Conrad (*****)

Fisher Island:

Fisher Island Resort (****)

gmbh6
December 4th, 2007, 00:27
Thanks for all the help and insight .. even about the cold sores :nono:

I'll be looking into all of those. I know the Lowes is sold out (as mentioned), Four Seasons has rooms, as does the Mandarin (and at 1K a night .. I'm sure they wont be selling out)......that boutiqe Hotel looks nice .. but with kids I'll probably stay away from South Beach.

A local told me about the Sonesta in Coc. Grove, and another good tip was the Grand Bay @ Key Biscane. FYI

Thanks again :addict:

nene
December 4th, 2007, 01:09
Key Biscayne is a bit far from South Beach area. However, with family, you can't go wrong. Very nice there.

Audifan92
December 4th, 2007, 15:16
I live in Miami, so when I go to the beach I go to the fountain bleau
its a Hilton

Kimbo
December 6th, 2007, 01:35
Thanks for all the help and insight .. even about the cold sores :nono:

I'll be looking into all of those. I know the Lowes is sold out (as mentioned), Four Seasons has rooms, as does the Mandarin (and at 1K a night .. I'm sure they wont be selling out)......that boutiqe Hotel looks nice .. but with kids I'll probably stay away from South Beach.

A local told me about the Sonesta in Coc. Grove, and another good tip was the Grand Bay @ Key Biscane. FYI

Thanks again :addict:

I'm not a fan of the Sonesta in the Grove (I live a few blocks from there). Since your coming with the family I would second the Ritz in Key Biscayne.