PDA

View Full Version : New RS5 Rendering

HKS786
November 9th, 2007, 16:45
http://images.worldcarfans.com/articles/2007/11/9/9071109.009/9071109.009.1L.jpg

HKS786
November 9th, 2007, 16:46
I dont think the arches will be so untouched like that. Also, that front bumper is pure speculation because we dont know what it'll look like. I'll post their speculation about the engine too...

HKS786
November 9th, 2007, 16:49
[/URL]
Audi RS 5 Engine Speculation and Rendering

Following Audi's (http://www.worldcarfans.com/9071109.009/photo1/audi-rs-5-engine-speculation-and-rendering) self imposed schedule of having only one RS model on the market at a time, deliveries of the brand new 573hp twin-turbo V10 RS 6 Avant (http://www.worldcarfans.com/9070905.002/audi-rs-6-avant-revealed) are getting underway for 2008 as the B7 RS 4 ends its production. With RS cars typically having a two year life cycle, the next RS model is expected to debut in 2010 as MY 2011. The most likely candidate to take over from the RS 6 is the RS 5 Coupe since - by that time - it will be in the second half of it's life cycle, although too early for the all-new B8 A4.

With regards to the horsepower wars amongst the German auto makers, Audi had positioned previous RS and S models just above and below the competition, the BMW M3 (420hp) and Mercedes CLK 63 AMG (480hp). And much of the chatter lately in the media seem to be supporting that - as the figures put the RS 5 between 450 and 500hp.

Earlier this year Car Magazine reported (http://www.worldcarfans.com/8070515.003/audi-rs5-latest-renderings) the RS 5 will receive the 4.2 liter V8 currently in the RS 4 with the addition of two small turbochargers for an additional 30hp to 450hp and 500 ft-lbs of torque across the rev range. More recently, Road&Track magazine reported that the RS 5 will use the Lamborghini Gallardo derived 5.2-liter V10 like the current S6 and S8 models - but with output bumped up to 500hp.

Adding to the speculation train, the use of a bi-turbo system on the already high-strung 420hp 4.2-liter V8 for an additional 30hp is very possible although improbable. If Audi is going to use a V8 engine, displacement needs to be increased since the RS 5 needs to produce over 480hp to be positioned above the horsepower leading CLK 63 AMG's 480hp. Alternatively, a slightly detuned Gallardo V10 making 500hp seems the most logical candidate. We already know the MLP platform that the A5 uses also serves as the basis of the future A6 and A7 models which are destined to fit the 5.2-liter V10, so engine fit in the RS 5 shouldn't be an issue. The only questionable issue with the V10 is weight distribution adversely affecting handling.

Audi has already marked the importance of the A5 by stating the lineup will be diversified starting with a convertible version, and undoubtedly the RS 5 will also fill a long time void in Audi's model line. Hopefully, we will see a RS 5 concept in 2009.

What engine do you think the RS 5 will get?

[URL]http://www.worldcarfans.com/9071109.009/audi-rs-5-engine-speculation-and-rendering

Leadfoot
November 9th, 2007, 17:13
I read it but decided not to post as all that was said was very hit and miss, like two possible engine choices (we already know that) and as for the body work, again I feel with the lack of the RS6 arches means all we are seeing is a S5 with a reworked nose.

I think the time scale is the only thing they are getting right, sad to say.

RXBG
November 9th, 2007, 17:18
it is obvious the RS5 will get close to 500 hp or more even. and i still maintain that the RS4/5 will have the same engine. i suspect that by the time they come around quattro will have the ability to build two RS models at the same time.

B5 RS4 380. B7 RS4 425. B8 500.

C5 RS6 450. C6 RS6 580.

HKS786
November 9th, 2007, 17:25
I think the time scale is the only thing they are getting right, sad to say.

I know. :cry:

Damienr8
November 9th, 2007, 20:32
These horsepower figures are rediculous LOL. I personally would be satisfied if the RS5 had the 420hp V8 in the RS4 but with a bunch of weight saving components to push it below that of the S5's 3891lb weight. But again that's just me

HKS786
November 9th, 2007, 20:54
These horsepower figures are rediculous LOL. I personally would be satisfied if the RS5 had the 420hp V8 in the RS4 but with a bunch of weight saving components to push it below that of the S5's 3891lb weight. But again that's just me

True. However, I think they might base a 4.0TFSi on the new RS6 engine. I dont know but its just a gut feeling I got. I'm guessing power will be around 450-470bhp with a lot of torque over a big rev range ;)

Fab
November 9th, 2007, 21:16
I fully agree with that. I really doubt the RS5 will have more than 450hp. Forget about any V10 or turbocharged V8 480-500hp.

I bet for an optimised version of the 4.2 FSI as well as weight saving (real saving) and weight distribution etc... A brang new dual clutch gear box will be the cherry on the pie :heart:

HKS786
November 9th, 2007, 22:41
I fully agree with that. I really doubt the RS5 will have more than 450hp. Forget about any V10 or turbocharged V8 480-500hp.

I bet for an optimised version of the 4.2 FSI as well as weight saving (real saving) and weight distribution etc... A brang new dual clutch gear box will be the cherry on the pie :heart:

To be honest, I'll be happy either way. Personally I find the S5 better looking that it's rivals and even the M3 which isnt a rival. One can only imagine what the RS5 will look like and perform like !

Fab
November 10th, 2007, 09:06
For shure the RS5 will be a killer. Just look at what Audi has been achieving with the RS4 B7, R8, S5, etc. Following the same route the RS5 will just concentrate all the latest Audi's technology. It will leave the M3 far far behing no doubt about it. Hopefully a new DSG will complete this upcoming dream car.

The Pretender
November 10th, 2007, 09:11
Nice, but need more aggression in the fenders and front bumper.

Jarod.

Fab
November 10th, 2007, 09:26
shure it's a nice one but far not aggressive enough

PeterJohn
November 10th, 2007, 11:03
Adding to the speculation train, the use of a bi-turbo system on the already high-strung 420hp 4.2-liter V8 for an additional 30hp is very possible although improbable.

:vhmmm:

I see a lot of S5s. In fact, all but one of the A5s I've spotted on the road were S-models. Which is a big deal in my country, where all the taxes and insurance is based on engine size. You can count on an extra €10k to get the car on the road here in Belgium.

If this is a sign of the general success of the A5 as a performance car, then Audi should be motived to take advantage, and add an RS5 to the line up. Not as a limited production halo car, but also as a permanent money maker.

Also note that with the R8, Quattro GmbH has significantly increased their production capacity. I can see Quattro becoming more like AMG and the ///M division, and make RSx cars that are permanent models in the line up.

Audiphile
November 10th, 2007, 19:13
:vhmmm:

I see a lot of S5s. In fact, all but one of the A5s I've spotted on the road were S-models. Which is a big deal in my country, where all the taxes and insurance is based on engine size. You can count on an extra €10k to get the car on the road here in Belgium.

If this is a sign of the general success of the A5 as a performance car, then Audi should be motived to take advantage, and add an RS5 to the line up. Not as a limited production halo car, but also as a permanent money maker.

Also note that with the R8, Quattro GmbH has significantly increased their production capacity. I can see Quattro becoming more like AMG and the ///M division, and make RSx cars that are permanent models in the line up.

Let's hope so. I very much think that this is where Audi quattro GmbH is headed.

Leadfoot
November 10th, 2007, 23:04
Let's hope so. I very much think that this is where Audi quattro GmbH is headed.

That has always been Audi's intention for QuattroGmbH, but like all children, they have to learn how to crawl, then walk, before they run and any new business with a new product needs to establish itself before increasing production to a level that warrant a new factory etc with permanent models in every sector.

Fab
November 11th, 2007, 10:51
It seems like it is just a matter of final decision and investment for Audi to take necessary action in order to have more RS production capacity.

The first RS models RS4 B5, RS6 TT and lately the RS4 B7 have all proven the huge demand RS models have had and will have. This is a real source of earnings for Audi. Some markets such as Switzerland, Germany, UK are very very hungry for RSs and what we all want are more new RS models asap :D

So go Audi gggooooooo :wo: