PDA

View Full Version : What are those rallys in NY

Charles DLF
November 5th, 2007, 11:01
Hello everyone, as many of you guys i guess, every once in a while i go on the M5board to see what's going on, and although i'd never buy one cause it's ugly, i kind of like the M5.

Anyway, this morning, i read one more thread of guys driving like idiots (http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=106783), with the stupid cover of buying toys for kids. Now please explain, in NY, if you buy toys for kids you can just drive like an idiot if you want. Seriously, watching this video, with 50 cars runing like crazy up and down the highway, spining a Z06 in the middle of the street and so on... I'm just confused here, how is that tolarated, dare i say authorized???? Then one day, someone is going to crash, maybe kill someone in another car, and people are just going to say "you know, he was allowed, he had bought toys"

now, i'm not saying people can't drive fast, i'd be lying to myself, but there are times and days for that, and i very much doubt a freeway around NY on a sunday afternoon is the best place to do so, specially not with 50 cars pumped up like mosquitoes on steroids!!!

Anyway, if someone can defend this behavior, please do, i'd love to read your arguments...

Have a nice day

Charles

AndyBG
November 5th, 2007, 11:39
Not defending anyone here, but I have to say that when these kind of fast cars are avalible to everyone, you can expect these kind of things... It's to much tempting and there are to many people that just can't resist...

Charles DLF
November 5th, 2007, 11:42
i drive fast very often, and am being stupid every now and then, but i never "clean" my conscience by saying "i donated money, so it's ok...." that's what remains a mystery to me... how can giving money to small children be an excuse for being reckless, and even be proud of it?

AndyBG
November 5th, 2007, 11:55
Donating money... that is the last thing on their mind. All those ''high speed runs'' (Gumbal, etc...) are very risky, last time on Gumball, the family was killed in Macedonia, when Gumballers Porsche hit them with 200 km/h+... They even triyed to escape from the country wuth other car, but they were arrested at the border...

Charles DLF
November 5th, 2007, 14:17
i don't see those fundraising drives in the same way i see gumball. Gumball clearly says we're going to be reckless and crazy for a week.

These drives say, we're giving money, so that gives us the right to behave like that, and i have never heard of anyone being pulled over on these drives, and i've even seen videos where the cops "opened" the roads for those guys!!