PDA

View Full Version : VIDEO: S5 vs Mitsu' EVO IX

AndyBG
November 3rd, 2007, 04:04
Track test comparation of the two rivals, german TV...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwtF6wsycek

Leadfoot
November 3rd, 2007, 14:28
I wish I understood German, it's funny but the S5 looked to more balanced of the two, the EXO looked very edgy in comparison. This suits forest stages and slow to mid speed corners but I would like to be tackling something at 130mph in the EVO.

Fab
November 3rd, 2007, 16:06
Funny also to see an Audi sliding that much :thumb:

Pit
November 3rd, 2007, 16:53
The result of the test was that the S5 looses too much driving dynamics
to the benefit of safety

Leadfoot
November 3rd, 2007, 17:20
The result of the test was that the S5 looses too much driving dynamics
to the benefit of safety

Well that explains the edginess I seen in the EVO and why I felt the S5 looked to more relaxed and better balanced. I know which one is the most enjoyable to own, that's for sure.

AndyBG
November 4th, 2007, 04:48
... I know which one is the most enjoyable to own, that's for sure.

RS 5 ! :D

Erik
November 4th, 2007, 10:09
Noone buys an S5 to drive it like an EVO!

Leadfoot
November 4th, 2007, 10:18
Correct Erik,

Professional people drive cars like the S5, while joyriders and the like prefer cars like the EVO. So basically you have the doctor driving his S5 to the hospital to work on the joyrider who has crash the EVO.

Like I said, I know which one I prefer to be in that scenario.

AndyBG
November 4th, 2007, 17:53
Ok, but please don't tell me that S5 buyers are just ''commuting'' in it...

roadrunner
November 4th, 2007, 20:16
Ok, but please don't tell me that S5 buyers are just ''commuting'' in it...

It depends on the "commute" :hihi:

roadrunner
November 4th, 2007, 21:22
After watching the vid - try to summarize the key points:

S5:

best front engine Audi steering feel & throttle response + throttle driveability through 40:60 quattro split (better than RS4) :thumb:

very good breaks & break pedal feel

Keeps always safety reserves - therefore not as "entertaining" as the evo.

Evo:

most direct steering found in street cars

he likes the torque vectoring (well this one will be a shortlived advantage: Audi sport differential = torque vectoring comming)

best driving dynamics

dash as build 20 years ago - but everything works

one has to have a strong ego to drive this "ricerboy"

He was impressed with the S5, as the best (dynamicwise) frontengined Audi build to date, but the Evo is more fun, more edgy.

hope that gives you some idea of the comments. :cheers:

greetings
seb

AndyBG
November 5th, 2007, 02:16
So, RS 5 will be the car to own ! :revs: :D

Leadfoot
November 6th, 2007, 12:39
Surely if this guy rates the S5 this highly then it's better than the 335i and all but the equal of the M3 in everything other then outright performance.

UrS6_Driver
November 7th, 2007, 22:32
How cool was it to see an Audi that to an extent was being driven with the throttle, looks like we are definitly headed in the right direction

PeterJohn
November 10th, 2007, 11:15
Not a surprizing verdict.

I doubt you'll see a lot of cross shopping between the two. An EVO is closer to a Lotus Exige sedan, than it is to an S5.

Another problem with the EVO as a road car, something that wasn't mentioned, is that you look like someone who drives a Japanese family car with spoilers and speed holes. This will impress the tupperware tuner crowd, and perhaps even some of the more sedated car enthusiasts. But if you want to impress the ladies (which is the whole point, right?), I think you're better off with a cool German coupé, instead of a hyperactive Japanese.

Leadfoot
November 10th, 2007, 11:48
Agreed,

The first thought through any girls mind when you pull up in an EVO or the like is 'will this pattern blouse hide the sick I am sure to throw up on the journey?'.puke:

Z07
November 10th, 2007, 18:20
A great video but I don't really feel that they're rivals. It's like comparing a Suzuki Radical SR8 to a Zonda F and saying that the SR8 laps the 'ring half a minute faster so it wins.

Z07
November 10th, 2007, 18:21
Agreed,

The first thought through any girls mind when you pull up in an EVO or the like is 'will this pattern blouse hide the sick I am sure to throw up on the journey?'.puke:

Tell me about it. Pull up in an R32 GTR and they just run away screaming......

....but they're easily caught.:hihi:

This is exactly the point. An Evo is for point-to-point speed at the expense of everything else. The S5 is a comfortable, luxury coupe with plenty of speed too.

Leadfoot
November 10th, 2007, 19:11
I had other suggestions for what they (girls) might say.

1/ Oh, can we just stay in tonight.
2/ I'm not dress right, hold on till I find my helmet and overalls.

But my favourite is.....

3/ You say where to and she replies 'long right flat opens 150m to mid left'. :D

Z07
November 11th, 2007, 00:01
I had other suggestions for what they (girls) might say.

1/ Oh, can we just stay in tonight.
2/ I'm not dress right, hold on till I find my helmet and overalls.
...and sports bra.:jlol:

But my favourite is.....

3/ You say where to and she replies 'long right flat opens 150m to mid left'. :D
:hihi: