PDA

View Full Version : Stella Restaurant - Boston

nene
October 31st, 2007, 18:47
Yesterday after a long day at work I got in the mood to go to the movies. I've been wanting to see 'Gone Baby Gone', but the timing was not right.
Well, I decided instead to treat myself to a nice meal.

I heard from a few friends about this awesome restaurant in the South End neighborhood of Boston. The restaurant was Stella (http://bostonstella.com/).

This restaurant is on Washington Street, which up until about 4 years ago was a zone of Boston which I never ventured to late at night. The city has spent considerable money to upgrade this side of town, and also many businesses have opened up, and many new building with luxury condominiums joined in. You can safely park your car without any worries for a few hours, and certainly walk there if needed. I was impressed with the location.

Atmosphere:
I did not stick around the bar area. However, it was interesting that they were showing English Premier Soccer on their LCD screen. The bar area looked great and busy.
The dining room was well lit and romantic at the same time. The spacing between the tables was good, as I did not feel someone was listening in on the conversation. For a Tuesday night, the place was full at 7:30PM, thus it is best to make a reservation. Nice mix between old and young crowd. There was a table with 10 people having dinner, that seemed to be co-workers having a great time. It could have been a small birthday party too. No need to shout to have a decent conversation with the person on the other side of your table.

Menu:
The menu is actually based on Italian dishes. A bit of overuse of garlic, so if this is not a spice you happen to enjoy, probably not the best place for you to visit.
They have a traditional pasta dish, and other fun things if you are more of the carnivore type. The selection of side dishes is great.
You can check their dinner menu (http://bostonstella.com/dinner.html) in detail on their website.
Their wine list is generous and expensive. Smaller list if you want by glass.

If are ever around Boston for a long period of time, please add this one to your list of dinning visits. Especially if you have a loved one to show a good time.