PDA

View Full Version : DSG gearbox in S5?

audimannen
September 9th, 2007, 17:39
Hello

I really hope they put the DSG gearbox in it. And I hope it will be released early next year.
Anybody heard anything?

I took a drive in the S5 yesterday and it is the best car I ever driven, but it will even better if it has an automatic gearbox.

MPT
September 9th, 2007, 18:28
Hello

I really hope they put the DSG gearbox in it. And I hope it will be released early next year.
Anybody heard anything?

I took a drive in the S5 yesterday and it is the best car I ever driven, but it will even better if it has an automatic gearbox.

It will be a Tiptronic, not a DSG. That we will have to wait a bit longer for.

Rage
September 9th, 2007, 19:17
Dealer says no DSG to his knowledge.

DSG is clearly the way forward but i think it will be a few years before it becomes a commonplace option on high performance cars.

audimannen
September 9th, 2007, 19:27
hmm, too bad that is the tiptronic gearbox and not the DSG. Very big difference between them, what I heard. I have only drove the tiptronic.

Then the question will be......manual or tiptronic....what would you prefer?

MPT
September 9th, 2007, 20:56
hmm, too bad that is the tiptronic gearbox and not the DSG. Very big difference between them, what I heard. I have only drove the tiptronic.

Then the question will be......manual or tiptronic....what would you prefer?

I would go for manual. Don't like A/T very much.

By the way, sweet A6 you got there ! :thumb:

audimannen
September 9th, 2007, 21:25
I would go for manual. Don't like A/T very much.

By the way, sweet A6 you got there ! :thumb:
Thank you. It is for sale soon.....
I think I will go for manual, when it was not the DSG gearbox I was hoping for.

Leadfoot
September 9th, 2007, 22:28
The smart money says DSG will be seen first on the Q5 which I believe is to be launched sometime 2009 for sure, though might be a little sooner.

audimannen
September 9th, 2007, 22:35
Does anybody know when the automatic S5 is too be released?

AndyBG
September 9th, 2007, 22:36
Talking about DSG... Other day I was reading some BMW forum, and I was stuned to see how many members are don't even what they talking about wehn they have some conversation invoving Audi. 90% of thikns that all new Audis (S8, RS 6...) have DSG gearboxes, and that isn't nothing special... :rolleyes:

Most of them love to comment afyer test driving new S8 and it's ''DSG''... :noshake:

How they can be so stupid... ?

audimannen
September 10th, 2007, 08:16
Talking about DSG... Other day I was reading some BMW forum, and I was stuned to see how many members are don't even what they talking about wehn they have some conversation invoving Audi. 90% of thikns that all new Audis (S8, RS 6...) have DSG gearboxes, and that isn't nothing special... :rolleyes:

Most of them love to comment afyer test driving new S8 and it's ''DSG''... :noshake:

How they can be so stupid... ?

shame on you for being on BMW forums :)

AndyBG
September 11th, 2007, 02:12
shame on you for being on BMW forums :)

:hihi: :thumb:

audimannen
September 19th, 2007, 11:15
Has anybody a link to where they talk about automatic gearbox to S5 and release date?

Hwany
September 20th, 2007, 20:09
That really sux if Audi waits till then.

BMW is introducing their M-DCT in their M3 sedan form in either Detroit or LA auto show which is not that far away.

If Audi wants to stay ahead of the game, they should introduce it with their new B8 S4..or even the S5

jaspers5
September 21st, 2007, 17:05
???...if its the best car you have ever driven why do you want an auto?.....the manual transmission is brilliant, simple and involving ( In an Audi way ! )...i drove an S4 Tip for the last two weeks prior to my delievery of the S5-bored very quickly-would never choose a Tip for the S5............DSG ? well we will have to wait and see and i think i can safely say DSG S5 will not be here to late 2009....marketing director from Audi Germany whilst debuting the S5 in Melbourne early March assured me of this.

artur777
September 22nd, 2007, 00:08
Tiptronic is coming at 2008.
So we have to wait for some months only

audimannen
September 22nd, 2007, 08:54
???...if its the best car you have ever driven why do you want an auto?.....the manual transmission is brilliant, simple and involving ( In an Audi way ! )...i drove an S4 Tip for the last two weeks prior to my delievery of the S5-bored very quickly-would never choose a Tip for the S5............DSG ? well we will have to wait and see and i think i can safely say DSG S5 will not be here to late 2009....marketing director from Audi Germany whilst debuting the S5 in Melbourne early March assured me of this.
I like manual, but i drive most of the time in the city......with trafficlights. It is very easy to only use the break.
But if I want tiptronic I have to wait så long....I want one now!

Leadfoot
September 25th, 2007, 21:09
If Audi are to offer the automatic in the S5 then chances are the DSG won't be out mid '08 as if the A4 and S4 were to be offered it then surely the A5 and S5 would too and why would you offer two automatic options when the DSG is much better.

Doesn't sound logical to me.

Randy M
September 27th, 2007, 23:51
I have DSG in my R32 and I llllove it. It truly is the gearbox of the future. It offers you everything. I can commute in auto mode. It has a sport mode that down shifts and upshifts at higher rev points, and I can also go to full DSG mode and use the paddle shifters or the shifter itself. In any of the modes it blips the throttle to match revs on downshift. Having to choose between a tip and a manual I would certainly choose the MT but my next Audi (RS4 or RS5) will have a DSG if I'm given the option. That's why I have a R32 in the first place, I'm holding out for what I really want :D