PDA

View Full Version : One of my laps from the ring, 2007

7:53 RS6
July 18th, 2007, 06:16
Here is one lap from from the ring during Touristfharen a few weks ago. The CSL is stock apart from more camber. As well i got PFC 01 pads on, that pads is the shit! Very god !
Its on ap 7.53min, only few cars on tracks, but as well one constuction at the end of film at Schwalbenswans.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR6NuouDJUA&mode=user&search=

Speedou
July 18th, 2007, 15:54
Very nice lap dude! I hate that I can't make this year trip with carfreaks. Don't have enough money right now. But maybe next year, maybe. This year I just have to enjoy of "mini 'ring" at Finland ;)

This is just the thing why I drive BMW!

BroddvonBronto
August 12th, 2007, 15:01
wow that's a seriously good time, congrats! how often do you visit the ring? also, may I ask where in sweden you live? I'm in gothenburg, loves cars and does some freelance photograping, maybe you'd like to do a little photoshoot:)

rokke
August 13th, 2007, 20:39
hm, thats a really nice lap but im not sure about the time......i never would dare to say u lie, but look at those times pls

http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/2408/gt280807vu4.jpg

when really good drivers work out a 7:55 with a F430, how can u drive a 7:53 with a stock m3????

JavierNuvolari
August 13th, 2007, 21:57
^ Because he drove from Bridge To Ganty?.
Great lap mate, looks like you know the ring by heart.

Cheers all

Speedou
August 17th, 2007, 15:38
hm, thats a really nice lap but im not sure about the time......i never would dare to say u lie, but look at those times pls

http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/2408/gt280807vu4.jpg

when really good drivers work out a 7:55 with a F430, how can u drive a 7:53 with a stock m3????

Well CSL can do that time as a stock. We have a proof for it. But this time isn't full lap.

masa^^
August 17th, 2007, 17:37
Sportauto did full lap with CSL in 7:50

Leadfoot
August 17th, 2007, 18:47

On tyres that are no longer available and this time is now because of this, unrepeatable. ;)

August 17th, 2007, 20:06
On tyres that are no longer available and this time is now because of this, unrepeatable. ;)

Well i buy those tiers every year, and buy plenty of them. And i use many of them, last trip to the ring i brought 12 Michelin cup tiers whit me. Going down in a few days again, driving the same cup tiers that was on the Sport Auto tested CSL.

Porsche 997 michelin cup tiers are diffrent, still the dry grip is simular to the michelin cup tier CSL use, but the wet grip from the new developed porche 997 GT3/RS cup tiers are way better than my wet grip.

By the way im no way a proffessional, still im these days ap 10 sek slower than HvS when he drove the CSL on the Sport Auto full lap many years ago.

Soon im just as fast i belive. The thing whit the ring is when you are getting some speed, well one car you nead to pass on the wrong sections, well you lose some seconds i promise, it add up..
HvS drive the Supertest on the industripool, then its not many cars on track as well thosen on track are diffrent testdrivers so the speeds are moore or less higher in an avrage. We drive the tourist fharen, well the traffick is often plenty as well the diffrence in speed among cars are very high(peopel dont move or see you). On the industi pool driving they do use the mirrors, all are kind of very experienced and move if faster car is comming.

Here is an ohter angel during when I drove the ring at the same time the big guys drove F1 on the GP. The film text I wrote juni, but it was Juli.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoEwMfSNuCg&mode=user&search=

August 17th, 2007, 20:12

Just a pointer, a sport auto lap is not a compleate full lap.

Full lap is 20.8km, Sport Auto lap is 20.6km.
SA dont drive T13, wich is 200m, as the entry to T13 is in 3 gear on my CSl, kind of sharp well T13 take ap 4-6seconds depending on car, driver etc.

So on all Sport Auto laps one nead to know that T13(old pit) is not driven.
This mean that the SA lap HvS did in CSL should be ap... 7.54-56 a total full lap.
Same whit all other cars tested by SA on the ring...

RS4B7
August 17th, 2007, 20:22

Thats correct Sport Auto testing w/o T13 .But the dont write it.

August 17th, 2007, 20:25
^ Because he drove from Bridge To Ganty?.
Great lap mate, looks like you know the ring by heart.

Cheers all

Thanks for sorting things out mate!

By the way from Gantry to Bridge do take me ap 25 seconds in my CSL, the way i drive, whit a slightly confidence lift before the very, very fast left hander under the bridge, ap 265km on speedo in my CSL.
Depending on how much hair one got on the chest, well the long staight from Ganty to flying under the bridge, well its absolutly full. But im not there yet, to me the confidence lift seems hard to avoid:hihi:
But soon i hope to have the trothel full in to the floor here, whit out a slightly lift.

To mention a funny thing, well many peopel say they are full throtel on many spots on the ring...... they say(i always logg my driving):hihi:

But when I put my logging divice in their car...well then one see clearly in the graphs, whats full throttel and not:lovl:
In a blink of a eye, well not so many seems to be absolutly full gas anylonger, they are busted:applause: :harass:

Leadfoot
August 17th, 2007, 20:25
Well i buy those tiers every year, and buy plenty of them. And i use many of them, last trip to the ring i brought 12 Michelin cup tiers whit me. Going down in a few days again, driving the same cup tiers that was on the Sport Auto tested CSL.

Sorry for my ignorance, I thought the exact compound was no longer available any more. It good to see companies like Michelin still providing things like this. :thumb:

August 17th, 2007, 20:27

Thats correct Sport Auto testing w/o T13 .But the dont write it.
They accually dont print it out. But if you know the ring one can tell as they print that the test is done on a 20.6km long track.(the track is as we know it 20.8)

masa^^
August 18th, 2007, 10:51
Just a pointer, a sport auto lap is not a compleate full lap.

Full lap is 20.8km, Sport Auto lap is 20.6km.
SA dont drive T13, wich is 200m, as the entry to T13 is in 3 gear on my CSl, kind of sharp well T13 take ap 4-6seconds depending on car, driver etc.

So on all Sport Auto laps one nead to know that T13(old pit) is not driven.
This mean that the SA lap HvS did in CSL should be ap... 7.54-56 a total full lap.
Same whit all other cars tested by SA on the ring...

Thanks for information, didnīt know that

I have Pilot Cups also and am going to ring 31th August - 13th September. I havenīt driven with cups before, so my expectations are pretty high!

Leadfoot
August 18th, 2007, 11:25
The Cups from the M3CSL are a lot of what makes the CSL so special, I can't remember which of the two UK magazines it was (would have to ring a mate to confirm) but they timed both cars around a track that showed the CSL was almost 6 seconds quicker than the standard M3, when they placed the tyres + rims on to the normal M3 this dropped to something between 2~3 seconds. So clearly if you intend to do track days, purchasing a set of Cups with rims for racing is well worth it on even a standard M3.

masa^^
August 18th, 2007, 11:29
I have been tracking my car for about two years. And finally came to point where I think that I can drive that thing so that cups are worth the money. Other modifications are Bilstein PSS9, more camber, Pagid pads and adjustable swaybars. M3 is very nice car to drive on track with that setup.

Amulet-S6
October 18th, 2007, 17:34
7:53 RS6.

Thanks for sharing your videos, they were quite enjoyable. You really seem to have the racing line down. How many laps of the ring have you driven?

Jim

LamboM
October 20th, 2007, 18:23
RS6 , you are a Great driver , both thumbs up from me. :thumb: :thumb: :bow: :applause:
You almost master the perfect racing line.
But tell me isn't it scary out there on the ring?.
(rate it from 1-10).
The walls are so close, I'm not sure I have the guts to do that.
Maybe some day you'll be my guide , when I'll have a car of some sort? :p