PDA

View Full Version : Computer games

guessWHO
July 17th, 2007, 09:21
Hello,

Could anyone tell me all the computer games where you cand drive an RS6 or RS4 ?

I've heared about NFS Eleven ... but there are only rumours ... and I would like do some crazy things (stunts if I can say so) with an RS4 or RS6 ... things that you can't do in real life :)

Thanks

freerider
July 17th, 2007, 10:45
If you have a PS2, you can try Gran Turismo 4.

guessWHO
July 17th, 2007, 11:00

I only use pc now ... I had PS1 and PS2 ...
I've found TEST DRIVE UNLIMITED ... but you need an "R8" computer to play this game ... it eats a lot of resources. :rotflmao:

LamboM
July 17th, 2007, 12:56

Don't buy Gran turismo 4!!! it's hpoeless

It's ok for a perfect racing line but when you want to be the king of powerslides
that's when the game goes wrong:
it's hard to keep the car sliding
and If you take a muscle car such as a mustang it won't behave like in real life,
In real life if you take such a car and floor it You'll be in a cloud of smoke, and the wheels would just spin until they burst , that's not the case in GT4.
And the RS4 there is an old estate version and the RS6 is old as well

You can try TDU and I don't know about an "R8"
pc (lol) but there is a lamborghini lap top ;)

Or you could take a real RS4 or RS6 and take it out on the nurenburgring or silverstone ETC...

guessWHO
July 17th, 2007, 14:53

It's ok for a perfect racing line but when you want to be the king of powerslides
and If you take a muscle car such as a mustang it won't behave like in real life,
In real life if you take such a car and floor it You'll be in a cloud of smoke, and the wheels would just spin until they burst , that's not the case in GT4.

Or you could take a real RS4 or RS6 and take it out on the nurenburgring or silverstone ETC...

sure ... I've allready done that ...

Neve
July 17th, 2007, 22:59
Try forza motorsport 2 :cheers:

guessWHO
July 18th, 2007, 08:55
Try forza motorsport 2 :cheers:

do you have a link where I can download the game ?:incar:

JaXx
July 18th, 2007, 10:40
Forza 2 is for xbox only

i'm playing test drive unlimited lately on my pc and i love the rs4, got 5 of them :-)

guessWHO
July 18th, 2007, 12:25
Forza 2 is for xbox only

i'm playing test drive unlimited lately on my pc and i love the rs4, got 5 of them :-)

JaXx what kind of PC do you have ? Because I've got a good one (I think) and the game is running in slow motion ... :(

Ruergard
July 18th, 2007, 17:47
JaXx what kind of PC do you have ? Because I've got a good one (I think) and the game is running in slow motion ... :(

What's the specification on your pc? :)

guessWHO
July 18th, 2007, 17:50
P4 2.68 Ghz, 528 RAM, Geforce 5200

freerider
July 19th, 2007, 12:39

LamboM, I agree with you on that part. GT4 is really a great racing game, but it really lacks the physics in the department of drifting.

You should try Enthusia. Less famous and doesn't look as good as GT4, but has better steering feel. It's also harder to drive in the game, more realistic. And unlike GT4, you cannot just buy a seriously fast car and race, because it works with some kind of points per race, which affect your overall position. So racing with a serious faster car, will set you back in the ranking, because the points earned with that race are just too low. I'm really happy with the game. Only big downside is the lach of feel of the street (N-ring feels completely flat;no bumps and so).

LamboM
July 20th, 2007, 10:00
hmm that Enthusia looks good and promising.
But another thing that I hate about GT4 is that there are 700 cars 699 of them are imprezas and skylines and supras and lancers and there are no companies such as porsche ferrari lamborghini bugatti... Is it the same story with this game?

freerider
July 20th, 2007, 13:42
hmm that Enthusia looks good and promising.
But another thing that I hate about GT4 is that there are 700 cars 699 of them are imprezas and skylines and supras and lancers and there are no companies such as porsche ferrari lamborghini bugatti... Is it the same story with this game?

Here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enthusia_Professional_Racing#Car_List) you can find the car list. No Lambo or ferrari or so (the list isn't even too impressive), but you can believe me when I say that it's more satisfying to drive every one of those cars.

Just take a look here (http://www.forzacentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4268) to see how accurate the driving in Enthusia is compared to real life. This game really is underrated imo. Very much simulator, very little arcade like.

Oh, and I almost forgot. It's also possible to drive every track in the opposite direction and with different weather situations. (NS in the other way is hell to drive :MTM:).

Duma
July 21st, 2007, 12:29
try to find on the torrents

Ruergard
July 21st, 2007, 17:50

That's where the problem lies. You need more RAM and a better graphics card. The CPU is getting a little bit old as well, but should still be ok for some time.

LamboM
July 22nd, 2007, 00:22

exsacly what I have and it sucks,
But Soon I'm going to get a new one, I've got a budget of about 1000-1200$
Any idea where can I get the best PC for that price range?

And about Enthuzia, it seems good but you know what?
GT5 will be out in about a year or so and they say they are tring to solve many
of the problems GT4 has, in the new one there will be driver's view and ferrari
I'm not sure about lamborghini or porsche and the drifting problem will be solved but time will tell ...
But maybe I will buy that Enthuzia After all GT5 is still a year away.

freerider
July 22nd, 2007, 13:13
I'm not sure about lamborghini or porsche and the drifting problem will be solved but time will tell ...

You're right about GT5, but for that game you also have to buy the PS3.

LamboM
July 22nd, 2007, 13:54
No there will be a PS2 version

Duma
July 22nd, 2007, 13:58
exsacly what I have and it sucks,
But Soon I'm going to get a new one, I've got a budget of about 1000-1200$
Any idea where can I get the best PC for that price range?

procesor dual-core 1.8 -2 ghz

Leadfoot
July 23rd, 2007, 16:31
The problem with PC games is that when you get a display card that is the latest thing out, in 4 months there are already games which require a higher spec. I currently use a 3.4Ghz with 1056 RAM and a Radeon9800 PRO 256MB display and it's having problems with some games. I have ordered a Gainward GeForce 8800GTS 640MB which hopefully will work with everything for the foreseeable future.

JaXx
August 4th, 2007, 16:40
ive got an intel dual core e6600, 2g of ram and an geforce 7900gt
the game runs really smooth, got about 90fps.
a geforce 5200 is unfortunatly not good enough, good gameplay starts with an 6600 of 6800, costs about € 100
test drive unlimited is the game every car fan should have, it contains tons of sweet exotic cars , each with their own caracteristics and features.

MPT
August 4th, 2007, 17:47
ive got an intel dual core e6600, 2g of ram and an geforce 7900gt
the game runs really smooth, got about 90fps.
a geforce 5200 is unfortunatly not good enough, good gameplay starts with an 6600 of 6800, costs about € 100
test drive unlimited is the game every car fan should have, it contains tons of sweet exotic cars , each with their own caracteristics and features.

Absolutely - i just bought this, and a Logitech G25 steering-wheel, if you know it.

But no doubt, that GTR2, liveforspeed and GT-legends is the most realistic of car-simulators. Try one of these, if you havent - it's great fun ;)

Leadfoot
August 5th, 2007, 19:17
Ah, Grand Prix Legends, the best driver simulated game ever even with it's (by today's standards) poor graphics.

LamboM
August 6th, 2007, 14:24
The problem with PC games is that when you get a display card that is the latest thing out, in 4 months there are already games which require a higher spec. I currently use a 3.4Ghz with 1056 RAM and a Radeon9800 PRO 256MB display and it's having problems with some games. I have ordered a Gainward GeForce 8800GTS 640MB which hopefully will work with everything for the foreseeable future.
It will be enough but not for too long.
You see, the gts is a good card but it is the weakest and cheapest of nvidia's
8800 series cards.

TDU really seems like a nice game , but it need a hell of a mechine for that, it's
a very demanding game to the PC, I'm not sujre there are many pcs that can run it and even if they can they must be really strong and very up to date.

I haven't played GTR 2 but I do have 1 and it is great, there are driver view problems there though are they fixed in GTR 2?
And liveforspeed, I have the demo, and I'm thinking of buing S2, but it is so relistic that it's hard!! the steering is really heavy there.

Grand Prix Legends heard of it but never played it...

MPT
August 7th, 2007, 12:18
8800 series cards.

TDU really seems like a nice game , but it need a hell of a mechine for that, it's
a very demanding game to the PC, I'm not sujre there are many pcs that can run it and even if they can they must be really strong and very up to date.

I haven't played GTR 2 but I do have 1 and it is great, there are driver view problems there though are they fixed in GTR 2?
And liveforspeed, I have the demo, and I'm thinking of buing S2, but it is so relistic that it's hard!! the steering is really heavy there.

Grand Prix Legends heard of it but never played it...

Regarding TDU, my PC is a couple of years old, and it runs it perfect? AMD Athlon 3700+, 1024mb kingston RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 6600GT (128mb DDR3) - and really, i havent experienced any problems.

BUY S2 license. The online-part is really great, and there are some fun cars!

Lateknight
August 7th, 2007, 23:07
8800 series cards.

Unless your one of these sad types that must have the latest computer gear as soon as it comes out, the 8800GTS in either 320mb or 640mb version will be considered good for a few years yet. It is only seconded by its vastly more expensive 8800gtx/ultra cousins (although the ATI 2900xt does run it close). Its a very sensible choice of card. (see tomshardware.co.uk for reviews)
Hardware capability of the latest cards is outstripping pc game development. Developers are scared of introducing super complex games that wont run well / at all on 80% of PCs.
A possible worthwhile upgrade to consider in the near future would be to upgrade from 1gb to 2gb of memory. A lot of programmes run more 'comfortably' with 2gb - especially if your running with Vista.

Leadie - is your current 9800pro card a PCI - E version ? (as opposed to AGP)
Your new 8800gts will be a PCI-E card, it will not fit your PC if your current card interface is AGP.

Leadfoot
August 8th, 2007, 08:40
Lateknight,

I don't know but the guy who supplied the computer says it will work no problem and fit, also the power supply is up to the job.

P.S.
Like you said about 2gd of memory, I have added this as well, two pair of matched 1gd memory. Was told this was to best option and worth the extra investment.