PDA

View Full Version : whats with the V12TDI?

tvrfan
July 8th, 2007, 20:21
anyone heard rumors about the facelift from the Q7 and the launch from the V12 TDI in the Q7??? when will it be avaiable?

Lateknight
August 1st, 2007, 22:57
The v12 tdi engine is listed in the latest tech updates.

Production is listed as not starting until June 2008 though. :(

368kw (500ps) has got to be worth the wait.

Leadfoot
August 1st, 2007, 23:08
To the best of my knowledge the Q7 V12TDi is being produced by Quattro GmbH and not at a normal Audi factory.

If true this would mean that the likelihood of a RS5 late'08~early'09 is highly unlikely.

chewym
August 2nd, 2007, 07:25
Not sure why they would do that. The engine itself, while high tech is not tuned for performance on purpose. The weight will be huge, so it won't be a track star. And I think Audi can sell a decent amount in Europe, and a lower price (made in the regular factory) would help with that.

gjg
August 2nd, 2007, 07:41
To the best of my knowledge the Q7 V12TDi is being produced by Quattro GmbH and not at a normal Audi factory.

If true this would mean that the likelihood of a RS5 late'08~early'09 is highly unlikely.

"local" info goes for standard factory production, orderable 01-02/2008, delivery much longer than week before payday (estimated 10-12 months in some countries ....) - that's as of yesterday.

gjg
August 2nd, 2007, 07:43
Not sure why they would do that. The engine itself, while high tech is not tuned for performance on purpose. The weight will be huge, so it won't be a track star. And I think Audi can sell a decent amount in Europe, and a lower price (made in the regular factory) would help with that.

I'd believe this would sell very well in US - big diesel, huge torque, low mpg figures (by US standard very low) and should be meeting all emission requirements if you go by what is being published .....

Leadfoot
August 2nd, 2007, 09:52
"local" info goes for standard factory production, orderable 01-02/2008, delivery much longer than week before payday (estimated 10-12 months in some countries ....) - that's as of yesterday.

Then my interpretation of what I was told was wrong, I was told the Quattro was working on the Q7 V12TDi and assumed that they were producing it, maybe they run the development program.

gjg
August 2nd, 2007, 14:13
I've got bit peed off - within the same city where factory is you cannot get test drive in 4.2 TID, simply because the Audi Importer does not have any and it takes approx. 7-9 months for delivery.

You would have to travelo loong way to see anyone that arrogant

Some people :doh:

Leadfoot
August 2nd, 2007, 15:43
gjg,

The problem is that living in the place were the cars are made makes them feel you are already a loyal customer and they don't have to fight that hard for your business.

rqiu
August 3rd, 2007, 17:32
I'd believe this would sell very well in US - big diesel, huge torque, low mpg figures (by US standard very low) and should be meeting all emission requirements if you go by what is being published .....

I doubt it because it is going to be quite expensive. Who really need that except someone who wants to show off? 4.2TDI will sell much better.

Leadfoot
August 3rd, 2007, 21:31
rqiu,

Do you realise just how fast this V12TDi Q7 will be, think as quick as a ML63 or Cayenne Turbo. OK it will not match them on the handling front but think of the buzz you will get putting the fear of God in to an M3 or M5........PRICELESS.

rqiu
August 3rd, 2007, 21:39
rqiu,

Do you realise just how fast this V12TDi Q7 will be, think as quick as a ML63 or Cayenne Turbo. OK it will not match them on the handling front but think of the buzz you will get putting the fear of God in to an M3 or M5........PRICELESS.

Between "fast but heavy" and "fast (or even a little slower) and light", I'd pick the latter any day. And why do we need such an insane fast SUV? Is it safe for our kids and family members?

Ruergard
August 8th, 2007, 06:03
http://www.worldcarfans.com/8070807.004/audi-q7-v12-tdi-to-launch-in-2008

gjg
August 8th, 2007, 14:21
Between "fast but heavy" and "fast (or even a little slower) and light", I'd pick the latter any day. And why do we need such an insane fast SUV? Is it safe for our kids and family members?

of course it is safe - you can run away for the dangerous stuff ..... :jlol: