PDA

View Full Version : My new wheels are here!!!

LamboM
June 8th, 2007, 10:57
Well it's not a car but it's the next best thing:
apparentlymy relatives from U.S sent me mountain bikes
But not just any anny bikes.
the body is carbon fiber,the wheels are carbon fiber, the handlebars are crabon fiber, all of it makes them light very very light, they weigh something like I don't know 5-7 KG I really can hit some high speeds with them, I can't put pictures because I don't have dig camra but here is one pic I've got from the shop:
http://matzman.pionet.com/files/Products/Bikes/Mountainbikes-fs/Trail/Specialized/Enduro/05_Enduro_SX_Trail_150/05_Enduro_SX_Trail_150_450x338.jpg
I'm going for a test ride right now to check that baby out.

JavierNuvolari
June 8th, 2007, 14:23
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice bike that is LamboM, I used to practice MTB, and come DH(not so hardcore though) when I was in Highschool and my first years of college, after that started to practice some UrbanMTB loads and loads of fun doing it.

And yes, on such a light bike you can EASILY GAIN AND REACH HIGH SPEEDS so mate, please remember to wear your safety gear, or at least gloves and helmet all the time.

Looking forward for some pics and "driving impressions"

Saludos!

reimon
June 9th, 2007, 07:45
Nice but its totally impossible it weights 7-9 kg.
The day before yesterday I changed my Gary Fischer for this specialized s-works stumpjumper
Mine weight exactly 11,5 kg and itīs also full of carbon. frame, brake leavers...
The lighter mt bikes in the market with just front suspension weight around 10-10,5 kg

Of course, my wife will never know how much I paid for it.... 6,400 euros

http://www.specialized.com/OA_MEDIA/2007/bikes/SJ_FSR_SW_Carbon_Carbon.jpg

JavierNuvolari
June 9th, 2007, 16:01
HAHAHA...6.400Euro!!!...she better not know, lol. Very nice bike though mate, I wish I could still practice the sport...perhaps in a few more years I'll get back to the bikes.

Cheers,

Javier

LamboM
June 10th, 2007, 15:27
I'm sorry but I can't post pics cause I don't have a dig camera (and I curse that)
But My God those bikes are A.M.AZ.I.N.G
I'm not sure what the speed is but it feels like I'm going in over 30 KPH...
(I'll soon get a speedometer so I'll know)
And when I road it about 2.5 hours, it was so fun it felt like 5 minutes
It's as if times flyby and I fly along with it, it's EPIC
The brakes are fantastic, the shock absorbers are excellent.
I'm pretty confident that those bikes are better than any car out there.

And reimon those bikes you've got there are awsome as well
They look far better than mine Nice...
Well I'm don't know but they feel light, My old bikes were made out of aluminum and steel (most of it steel just the shasi was aluminum) and they weigh about 15
KG and those feel much much lighter so I have no explonation, I'll weigh them if it matters to you.

6400 euro????
You do know that she probebly finds out eventually ?
But can I please be there when she does? hehe

How much do you think mine cost?