KK265
May 6th, 2007, 17:22
http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30200-1264085,00.html

Duma
May 6th, 2007, 17:25
Too bad...a read that few days ago

Benman
May 7th, 2007, 17:41
Very sad an innocent bystander was killed.

But this really shouldn't be too suprising. I mean, any event where the entrants are told to drive recklessly on public roads, you know it is only a matter of time before something like this happens.

Ben:addict:

mr
May 8th, 2007, 06:26
But this really shouldn't be too suprising. I mean, any event where the entrants are told to drive recklessly on public roads, you know it is only a matter of time before something like this happens.

Benman's right -> I thought exactly the same.
There were also really bad accidents in the years before - they only were lucky enough that noone was killed in that accidents -> think of the horror crash of the "Torquenstein - Viper" or of "Kimble" racing in his E55 ... and so on and so on.
Well ... the only thing that amazed me this year about the Gumball was, that they didn't get the media echo they got in the years before ... maybe there are simply too much of events/rallyes like that in the world.

just my 2cnt

rgds
mr

RXBG
May 8th, 2007, 22:05
i think it is a very irresponsible thing to do. it's fun on the surface, but deep down we know what the gumball is all about. i see it in our own local annual audi rally for charity. it's the nature of the beast. but what can we do to curb reckless driving in such events except not invite people back?

in all fairness, we don't know if the porsche was tittering along at 40 mph when the other car cut across it or something, but from all accounts it seems that the porsche was hauling a$$ when it killed those poor people.

it would kill me if they had been my parents.

but they are bastards for trying to flee the country and run away from their responsibility. they deserve some cruel and brutal for what they did.

Benman
May 8th, 2007, 22:15
but they are bastards for trying to flee the country and run away from their responsibility. they deserve some cruel and brutal for what they did.

And that is the saddest part of story!

Ben:addict:

steffenr
May 8th, 2007, 22:31
It's a bit funny because the story differs from place to place, I saw somewhere else that they left after talking to the police, which dosent make it less of a tragic.

for more news look here http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28