PDA

View Full Version : The day robots kill humans...

Benman
April 25th, 2007, 22:35
So... the time has finally arrived. Robots will now be used in a military application. I'm not speaking of drone planes... I'm talking about robots with machine guns that will shoot (supremely accurately I might add) an armed man, can track him, and can also give and accept commands and react accordingly...

Wow...

http://smart-machines.blogspot.com/2006/11/samsung-techwins-sgr-a1-robot-sentry.html (scroll down to watch the video)

Ben:addict:

mr
April 26th, 2007, 07:04
well .. read an article some time ago about exactly that fact.
I think the border between south and north - Korea is or will be "protected" by armed robots (stationary ones) ... well ... the fact that the developement on that sector doesn't really stop at the point we are at the moment really frightens me now.
War industry will make fat money with such robots.

Visions of films like I-Robot or Terminator are one step closer to become reality.

just my 2cnt

rgds
mr

JavierNuvolari
April 27th, 2007, 00:15
Creepy.....very creepy. Well it was just a matter of time until these kind of technology was developed...I find it very disturbing that a "thing" can actually make the call and kill you just like that(finger snap).

Javier

Benman
April 27th, 2007, 16:02
Visions of films like I-Robot or Terminator are one step closer to become reality.

Exactly. I mean, the tech is very impressive, but some things may be a bit too far.

Ben:addict:

mr
April 27th, 2007, 20:06
Exactly. I mean, the tech is very impressive, but some things may be a bit too far.

sure, ... there are a lot of things to do until they really can react by themselves, but I am sure, that there are plans that would make it possible to have real killing machines in a very short period of time.
but we'll see what time is bringing.

rgds
mr

AndyBG
May 10th, 2007, 03:24
Man, we watched movies about these thing. only decade ago...:noshake:

Leadfoot
May 10th, 2007, 22:48
I hear the head of the company is a famous Austrian Body Builder. ;)

Haste la vista, baby.:hihi: