PDA

View Full Version : 2003 BMW M5 vs. RS4

LamboM
April 7th, 2007, 14:11
I think you can clearly see where the AWD has the uperhand and when it's getting crushed
http://youtube.com/watch?v=dodSqJPKK8M

The BMW M5 has 430 BHP instead of the 400 but till they are quite equal

April 13th, 2007, 02:48
I think this is a repost but still the M5 gets a jump and is modded, stock for stock from a roll should be close.

Would like to see stock for stock from a stop.

LamboM
April 13th, 2007, 08:09
A repost?
I don't think so..
Anyway there is race from a stop at the end but yeah I know what you
mean I will try to find stock vs stock.

that's it?
One reply in 6 days?
That's insulting !! :nono: :vgrumpy:

Ruergard
April 14th, 2007, 14:08
Might be because it really is an repost... :)

Leadfoot
April 14th, 2007, 14:32
It is a repost but it did make me re-watch it again, especially the standing start. I know that it is a modified car so the results will indeed be different and only when this M5 is compared to a stock M5 will we see what the real difference is.

But back to the race, we see plain as day the advantage that AWD has over a RWD car without LC. Now I counted 4 gear changes before the M5 started to make any ground on the RS4, I don't know at what speed an M5 does at the upper revs in 5th but I would bet it approaching 145mph like that of the RS4. So moving the race from one BMW to another, if an M5 with 430+hp and approaching 380ft/lbs of torque can't best a RS4 in a standing start and remember that this one has a modified exhaust which the owner claimed wasn't helping, how will the new M3 compare in a similar race. It's down 80ft/lbs of torque and 15+hp though it will be a little lighter, I don't now think it will be the walk off I once thought it might be for the M3, there is a chance that like this race showed the RS4 might gain an advantage at the start and maintain it right up to the 140mph mark.