PDA

View Full Version : Pics of my 5000 km. road trip w. RS6

ott
March 26th, 2007, 18:16
I thought may-be you are interested to see the pics I made during my trip last August.

They are here. (http://opentrack.tqhq.ee/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=23) Slow connection patience, pics are not large but there are many.

Unfortunately you can't read the text, but very shortly the trip was like following:

Tallinn->Stockholm (by ferry)->Nurbürg (1500 km straight drive from evening to next day noon.)

2 days at the Ring :revs:

Porsche factory tour @Stuttgart & Weissach test track visit

2 days in Swiss and Italian Alps, including Stelvio and many other great mountain passes.

Modena. Factory visits @ Pagani & Lamborghini + Feruccio Lamborghini museum, Panini collection (it's truly great place), Ferrary Gallery.

Maranello->Stockholm->Tallinn. Lots of Autobahn fun in Germany.:incar:

Alltogether appr 5000 km. in 10 days. As you have probably already understood, I like driving my :addict: :jlol:

Benman
March 26th, 2007, 21:06
Well I'm dissapointed I'm not able to read the write up, but the pics alone deserve a Five Star rating! :thumb: :0: :cheers:

Ben:addict:

Toto89
March 26th, 2007, 22:14
I'm also unable to read the writings but the pics are very good!
Forgive me that i'm not concentrated on the beautiful cars on the pics but those lands are...wonderful. I was in Switzerland for many times, in Scoul, Furkapass, Andermatt, and it was very good to see those things again on someone else's photos:) The most pleasent thing was the photo of Liechtenstein, because last year i made a photo from exactly the same place:thumb:
Here is my photo from the same corner as yours:
http://img3.tar.hu/auditommy/size2/29089846.jpg
And here is an other, from the same place, but with an RS4 on it:trash: :
http://img3.tar.hu/auditommy/size2/29089848.jpg
That Beast has just arrived when i took the photos, i can not resist to make a picture:D

AndyBG
March 26th, 2007, 23:02
Great to see that you are enjoying your beast the way that is built for !

5000 kms, FANTASTIC !!!

LU-RS6
March 26th, 2007, 23:09
ott, one of the BEST posts I've read in a long time.
It is good to see that someone else is also driving loads of kms in his beast. I myself added 28.000km since end of November :0:

I LOVE your plate, I really do. Apart from that our cars are VERY similar actually :applause:

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t260/Chillax666/Audi%20RS6%20Avant/031807_AWMeeting_313.jpg

Lateknight
March 26th, 2007, 23:11
Stunning...
The scenery, the roads, the cars....:thumb:

AuditudeA642
March 27th, 2007, 01:25
lu-rs6 just wondering why some cars in Europe dont have long plates like yours?? Every year i go to Greece but dont know why the plates are like that there 2??

Lateknight
March 27th, 2007, 02:23
:vhmmm: I'm sure I've seen Swiss cars with oblong rear plates, or have they changed the ruling recently?

LU-RS6
March 27th, 2007, 08:31
:vhmmm: I'm sure I've seen Swiss cars with oblong rear plates, or have they changed the ruling recently?

In some cantons they allow you to choose. I picked the square plates cause I think they look better on my car :harass:

ott
March 27th, 2007, 08:46
Thanks for good words. This was one of the best trips in my life (at least among automotive related) and everything went really smooth, no problems, no traffic jams and I was able to go to every place I planned. First part of it I did together with our Porsche Club members, the mountain and Modena part I was togehter with my wife. And I did all the driving by myself.

One funny story related to this trip is, that the day I was doing Stelvio, there was soccer worldcup finals France vs. Italy. It was appr. 2 hours before the game and road was completely empty, I think I saw only couple of cars during the whole distance.

Immideatly after I went to the small bar, full of Italian farmers and local village people. I'm not soccer fan, but sure I was hoping the Italy to win, to get to see the partying and so it went. It was very small bar with very big loudspeakers on the wall and when Queen's "We are the champinons" was played (twice:D), windows almoust fall off ! People went crazy after the game ending, there was free beer from the bar, everybody hugged eachother, including me, even local carabinieri came in and joined the party. It was fun...

What regards the plates, then in many European countries one can choose between European or US standard size, plus many countries have still their own number formats which are different size.

LU-RS6: It's funny that during my whole trip I didn't see any RS6, except when I crossed Swizerland border, one exactly like mine was coming from opposite direction and later I saw another.

Erik
March 27th, 2007, 09:08
I want to go on a road trip as well!!!

Thanks for your report!

LU-RS6
March 27th, 2007, 09:10
I want to go on a road trip as well!!!

Thanks for your report!

Wherever you go, I'm in as well :0:

Shall we change the S/RS Europe united into a road trip of about 3000 miles :applause:

mr
March 27th, 2007, 16:09
wow ... really great trip.

well ... if anyone should also plan a trip and to go through Austria or northern Italy -> I would have suggestions for loads of great, twisty mountain roads.

rgds
mr

Ruergard
March 27th, 2007, 16:35
Awesome pics, seems like an great roadtrip. I'd love to do something like that... Nice to see that you use the beast like it shall be used, a lot! :thumb:

Too bad that I can't understand the writeup, but still. The pics does make up for it, more of these reports!!